Superbowl 2013

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One or the other for sure. I would prefer to see the 49'ers, I can't stand teams from Maryland. Other than that I would like it go down to 2 seconds left with a 6 point difference at that point, 4th and goal.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Go 49'ers !! My eldest has always liked the 49'ers LOL

I only like Superbowl day cos of the adverts and the Puppy Bowl ... Oh and the fact that we order in

:p :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You put puppies in a bowl? :eek:

1299208154_0a86bc3fd2.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, being a Who'dey fan, I'm pulling for both teams to lose, with the 49ers losing twice.

The best thing about this Super Bowl is likely to be the Mercedes Benz - Kate Upton commercial.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
LOL

Your guys should play a real game like Rugby ..... and see what less padding can do

Picture please Ragman <I'm running for cover ........ :eek: )

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOL

Your guys should play a real game like Rugby ..... and see what less padding can do

Picture please Ragman <I'm running for cover ........ :eek: )

Many who played "football" go on to play rugby after they are too banged up to play football anymore.

Besides, I played hockey, now THAT is a rough sport. No helmets, no padding, just sticks, skates, pucks and sub zero temps. GEE, that explains a LOT!

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Question .....

Why did the commentator say that Baltimore were World champions? :confused:

In the U.S. they used that term with at least three of our sports: The NBA,the NFL, and Major League Baseball.Their series is even called the World Series. I think it is because in these three leagues they have a compilation of the best skilled athletes in the world. This is primarily due to 1.
the U.S. develops their athletes for these sports through junior leagues and in their educational systems.2.Teams in these leagues have scouts that search the globe for talent to bring to this country(exception NFL) 3. These teams are able to pay these elite athletes the best, so many come here to play. Sports is a big business in this country and our competitive system and the reward of excellent pay drives the athletes to excel and make them the best in the world.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Besides, I played hockey, now THAT is a rough sport. No helmets, no padding, just sticks, skates, pucks and sub zero temps. GEE, that explains a LOT!
Any sport played with knives on your feet and a club in your hands has to be a good sport.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
In the U.S. they used that term with at least three of our sports: The NBA,the NFL, and Major League Baseball.Their series is even called the World Series. I think it is because in these three leagues they have a compilation of the best skilled athletes in the world. This is primarily due to 1.
This is further evidenced by the fact that playing in MLB, NFL, NBA, or NHL is the goal of the world's athletes.
In baseball, everybody wants to be in MLB, and they go elsewhere after their skills erode and they want to keep playing or earn their way back to MLB.
In basketball, Tony Kukoc was his country's best player, but he couldn't even start for the Bulls.
In football, the only Americans who go to Canada to play are the ones that didn't get drafted or retained by an NFL team, or who were problem children down here, so much so that their talent couldn't even keep them on the squad.