strange people knocking on your door

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
morningstar. leo posted this one time about self security......pull the seat belt thru the hand pull in the door and buckle closed. the door is very hard to open with the belt wound thru it. plus you can leave the pass side full time locked.

ummm....... ty ... i already do that. .. and mentioned in a earlier post.... think on the 1st page.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
ok.. im parked at LOvessss where they simply .. LOveeee U.... in memphis.. on rt78 near the airport....
ok . i been having a hard time snoozin lately.... well someone knocked on my doot at ahh around 3am.. geeshh...... soo ignored it.. and shut my lap top i fell asleep with it open ..guess someone might be able to see the glow....LOL .. but i also had my windshield covers up .. but they dont cover the door windows.... i need to do something about that.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Morningstar, Even though you are a single you might consider putting a team operation sticker on each side of your truck and the back. We had ours made rather large at a graphics design,people are less likely to target you if they think you are not alone. Sitting in the front seat can also attract unwanted attention. Though truck stops can be dangerous there is safety in numbers and most of what I have personally read on truckers being harmed or killed has taken place in more secluded less traveled environments. The most recent being the murder of Jason Rivenburg which happened in a abandoned gas station parking lot, the story is in the trucker news. The happiest ending took place in knox county Tenn. were the criminal became the victim and he will not be bothering people any more,he will be pushing Daisy's.

thats a good idea.. will look into it .. ty

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
morningstar. leo posted this one time about self security......pull the seat belt thru the hand pull in the door and buckle closed. the door is very hard to open with the belt wound thru it. plus you can leave the pass side full time locked.

umm ha........ i know about this trick.
for a long time now. and mentioned something about it on the 1st page of this thread.. :)
tanx

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
2 sawed off shotguns one pointed at each door tie a string to the trigger through a pully they open the door bam problem solved

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
For years my brother had a drag/show car with a beautiful finish. He didn't like people touching the finish. So he connected a coil and battery to the metal parts. If you touched any metal you get a nice zap because you became the ground. If you want more zap, find a model A or T coil. You can light up someones life with that and wont kill them but they will not be touching your truck door again.

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have had good luck in stopping at the State Police Post, or Police station and requesting permission to spend the night. I drive a van but have asked if they would allow straight truck and received positive responses, not so much with T/T except a couple of the State Police Posts just off the Interstate allow if they would clear out before the day shift came to work.

Laurdess

Seasoned Expediter
If its nice out, I would say a man knocks on my door 3-4 times an hour if I dont put a sign up that says "Do not bother me Desperate man" SOMETIMES people get close just to read the sign but I dont care as long as they dont knock. Havent you heard of "calling before you come over"? I have asked men this and they say they do not have my #- well thats the point. I wonder why there are no stickers for us to put on our windows?
Like the NO LOT LIZARD ones. NO TOMMY KNOCKERS (I made that up) :D
I am ??? confused about this....some trucks you can take ur seat belt and put it thru the door handle and then snap it in the seat belt lock- Why not "lock" your door? Or am I missing something? I have a pretty nice sized dog in my truck but he doesnt stop the Tommy Knockers. I have men tell me they work for my company and I am still thinking SO-F'ing-What. I am asked "can I ask you a ?" WITH my windows up- and the door closed - Its amazing to me that men do not find this odd, Or are offended that I am offended. My closed locked door does not dub as a welcome matt. I am also very confused about the **** chitter chat at the fuel line. Small talk galore. I am not an unsocial person but there is a time and a place. The fuel line is not the place to ask me "are you a truck driver?" ummm no sir I am the fuel fairy. I have business to take care of in the fuel line and am usually trying to be considerate and get outta the way for the next truck. ;) A man in the laundry room told me to "throw ****" on the people who knock on my door... wasp spray and mace seem to work pretty good. :eek:
I find it sad most other truck drivers have to ask me if I am one of "us" I used to wonder why until I found myself asking the same ? in my head when I see someone exceptionally clean :cool: Take care and be safe.

BigWill29

Seasoned Expediter
Now wouldn't that be quite the temptation when you're driving down the road and come upon someone driving goofy because they were on their cell phone!!!!:p:p
LOL!!! Or for the dummy that performs an illegal pass on a two lane road, followed by high acceleration and a middle finger... (You know, the same one that get's stopped by a red light no more than 1/8 of a mile in front of you.)

BigWill29

Seasoned Expediter
I have had good luck in stopping at the State Police Post, or Police station and requesting permission to spend the night. I drive a van but have asked if they would allow straight truck and received positive responses, not so much with T/T except a couple of the State Police Posts just off the Interstate allow if they would clear out before the day shift came to work.
That would be fine now that I'm at Panther with computerized logs. When I had paper logs, getting me anywhere near the state police was like leading a cat to a dog house.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If its nice out, I would say a man knocks on my door 3-4 times an hour if I dont put a sign up that says "Do not bother me Desperate man" SOMETIMES people get close just to read the sign but I dont care as long as they dont knock. Havent you heard of "calling before you come over"? I have asked men this and they say they do not have my #- well thats the point. I wonder why there are no stickers for us to put on our windows?
Like the NO LOT LIZARD ones. NO TOMMY KNOCKERS (I made that up) :D
I am ??? confused about this....some trucks you can take ur seat belt and put it thru the door handle and then snap it in the seat belt lock- Why not "lock" your door? Or am I missing something? I have a pretty nice sized dog in my truck but he doesnt stop the Tommy Knockers. I have men tell me they work for my company and I am still thinking SO-F'ing-What. I am asked "can I ask you a ?" WITH my windows up- and the door closed - Its amazing to me that men do not find this odd, Or are offended that I am offended. My closed locked door does not dub as a welcome matt. I am also very confused about the **** chitter chat at the fuel line. Small talk galore. I am not an unsocial person but there is a time and a place. The fuel line is not the place to ask me "are you a truck driver?" ummm no sir I am the fuel fairy. I have business to take care of in the fuel line and am usually trying to be considerate and get outta the way for the next truck. ;) A man in the laundry room told me to "throw ****" on the people who knock on my door... wasp spray and mace seem to work pretty good. :eek:
I find it sad most other truck drivers have to ask me if I am one of "us" I used to wonder why until I found myself asking the same ? in my head when I see someone exceptionally clean :cool: Take care and be safe.

haha..... great post..... love your crazy sense of humor, wit and attitude.. lol
as for the seat belt thru the door handle.. well its just an extra measure besides the door locks.....
once i was at the alumi junk place. waitin for them to open.... anoher panther truck came in behind me.. it had been raining on and off , and it was summer /warm outside....
well the other panrther driver walks up and is chit chatting with me.... as i am sitting in my truck.. he was smoking ciggies like no tomorrow. I am alergic.. soo i ahh put my window up part way not wanting to be rude..... i have come across this driver a few times before in my travels.. he teams with his wife.... anyways......
he then suddenly doesnt ask.. but says...... hey let me in on ur passanger side so i can talk and get out of the rain........ excuse me??? im a solo driver... my passanger seat is occupied as my office.. soo im going ahh nooo thats ok.. im getting out anyways.
and i dont allow smoking in my truck.
well later on....... from another driver.... i heard this guy thought i was rude cuz that i wouldnt let him come sit in my truck. geezzzzzzzzz
i tried to devert him from doing so in a poilite way . plus he was kinda grubby and all ...
plus ya know his poor wife is sitting in there truck .. i could see her....
ya know..... i think he was being rude to his wife.... she seemd nice.

jw-bama

Seasoned Expediter
you guys are too funny...my first post i read this thread all the way back and really enjoyed it. carb cleaner works really good for defense but use as a last resort because it will cause major damage.