strange people knocking on your door

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I worked for a company out of Magnolia,AR pulling flatbeds and this lady worked with us. After being harrased a couple of times I jokingly told her to put my handle on the driver's side door and Miss "her name" on the passenger side. Then if anyone asked where Batman was all she had to is he is asleep in the sleeper. She actually did it. 6 months later I asked her how it was working and she said it cut down on people knocking on the door, but now people that know me were yelling at her on the cb. :) Guess you can't have your cake and eat it to. There are variety of male sounding handles you can have put up there. Sandman, Fat boy, Cowboy, Step Son, Shortstop, He Man,Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Farmer. I also noticed when I put Miss Robyn on my passenger side door it cut down on visits from LotLizards.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I worked for a company out of Magnolia,AR pulling flatbeds and this lady worked with us. After being harrased a couple of times I jokingly told her to put my handle on the driver's side door and Miss "her name" on the passenger side. Then if anyone asked where Batman was all she had to is he is asleep in the sleeper. She actually did it. 6 months later I asked her how it was working and she said it cut down on people knocking on the door, but now people that know me were yelling at her on the cb. :) Guess you can't have your cake and eat it to. There are variety of male sounding handles you can have put up there. Sandman, Fat boy, Cowboy, Step Son, Shortstop, He Man,Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Farmer. I also noticed when I put Miss Robyn on my passenger side door it cut down on visits from LotLizards.

i thought of putting ..... mean bass *** butch on board.... ha......
ok just kidding....... or maybe not...... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd think twice about putting anything on either door that someone may find "offensive" - some folks can be quite sneakily destructive, when they don't like what they read. Like, the decal of the little kid taking a whiz on the Chevy (or whatever) symbol: it just invites vandalism, from certain ignorant types. :mad:

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Yeah but what's the harm in having Batman on the driver's side door and Miss Robyn on the passenger side door?

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd think twice about putting anything on either door that someone may find "offensive" - some folks can be quite sneakily destructive, when they don't like what they read. Like, the decal of the little kid taking a whiz on the Chevy (or whatever) symbol: it just invites vandalism, from certain ignorant types. :mad:

.. the kid whiz has negitve effects???
i dont have anything on my doors........ i dont want too . its not my truck anyways.......
nothing wrong with fartman opps i mean batman n robin...... lol ...
go for it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
.. the kid whiz has negitve effects???
i dont have anything on my doors........ i dont want too . its not my truck anyways.......
nothing wrong with fartman opps i mean batman n robin...... lol ...
go for it.

Putting Batman & Miss Robin on the doors would probably bring a smile to most folks, whereas putting anything that denigrates another person (or their vehicle) would probably bring a very negative response, possibly with a sharp object applied to the paint.
One idea is the "In case of emergency, check bunk" decal - though one Border Patrol agent asked me why I said I was alone in the truck, with that sticker on it.....:cool:

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
One thing you ladies might want to consider is to not decorate your trucks around the winsdhield or dashboard. Adding a feminine touch to a truck is great advertisement if you want predators to find you faster.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing says macho male trucker better than "nekid lady" mudflaps, "bull testicles" and "Hooters" bumper stickers.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

One idea is the "In case of emergency, check bunk" decal - though one Border Patrol agent asked me why I said I was alone in the truck, with that sticker on it.....:cool:

In the event of a serious accident, that could cause 1st responders to waste precious time searching for someone that isn't there.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nothing says macho male trucker better than "nekid lady" mudflaps, "bull testicles" and "Hooters" bumper stickers.

well im sure as hell ..... not putting anything like that on my truck .. period.
** looking at the thread room door here**...... hhmmmmmmmmmm
making sure i was in the womans room..... area.....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
making sure i was in the womans room..... area.....

Star, if you see a vinyl couch then you are in the women's room. E.O. has a virtual couch around here somewhere.

I have made that mistake a few times. The couch was my first clue, lack of urinals was my second clue and two women standing at the sink cinched it. So why do you ladies get couches and us guys don't?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Because we have 'delicate natures', uh huh. :D Ok - it's because we sometimes start chatting about men, and we get to laughing so hard that we just collapse in hysterics, and need time to recover our composure before we can leave the room.
Well, you asked! :p

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Star, if you see a vinyl couch then you are in the women's room. E.O. has a virtual couch around here somewhere.

I have made that mistake a few times. The couch was my first clue, lack of urinals was my second clue and two women standing at the sink cinched it. So why do you ladies get couches and us guys don't?

.......cauze of the headaches we sometimes get ... and need to relax a bit....
i never seen any kind of couch in any truck stop ladies room i been in......

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never been in a truck stop ladies room. Last ladies room I was in was at a Perkins restaurant in Orlando. It had a little burnt orange vinyl number with chrome legs.

I can't see a fainting couch in a men's room. Maybe a pass-out couch though.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A "pass out couch"? Puh leeeze - considering how badly some guys aim, (when they're presumably sober, even) what would be the point? :rolleyes:
I'm imagining, now, the looks on the faces of a couple guys who both managed to pass out on the couch, though - when they wake up...:eek::eek::eek:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny little story, a few weeks ago I stop at a Texas rest area to relieve bladder pressure. As I'm standing at the urinal taking care of said business, a lady walks in and as she's walking by me, as I'm in mid-whizz, informs me I'm in the ladies room. I pointed out that I was standing at a urinal. She stood there for a second like she had to think about it, then left without a word.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay, maybe the couches in women's restrooms really are pass out couches. Sounds like the woman in Texas needed a pass out couch.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
mawnin drivers
well thought i'd bump this thread up some........ and help some whom have not seen this yet.... get some helpful tips on how to protect yourself out here on the road.
I have heard of some lurking around trucks and then robbing the driver when they are trying to get bk in there truck from being in the store....
always , always be aware of your surroundings....
the male truckers are usualy pretty good at coming to the aid of a lady in distress.
but sometimes i need to be careful of them too..... ha.
one time i and my team partner were at a truck stop out west.....
some guy was on the CB trying to sell or trade movie video's...... and was naming what he had...... well we went to go get one he had that seemed interesting.
i pulled up the panther truck in front of his..... and jumped out to get the movie... as my team driver was waiting in the truck...... as me and the other trucker were exchanging $$ and movie........ his door was open and the truck was a nice very nice peter built... i couldnt help notice standing next to the open driver door that i was able to see part of the sky light in the sleeper and it was a awsome stain glass window .. lol
he told me i can go in there loook better if i wanted too.
i just smiled said...... thats ok.. thank u....... i gotta git here.
there would be NO way i would go in a strangers truck...... holy moly ya know.