Strait Of Hormuz

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The inspectors on the ground say what they're developing isn't a weapon. You know better than them?

2012: Ron Paul or not at all.
The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I quit believing in Santa Clause as very LONG time ago.

17460.8651_santa.jpg

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
So what happens when Oil prices go up?We pay more at the pump.But thats not all.A cup of coffee in the morning will cost 3 bucks.A loaf of bread will be 5 bucks,That pound of burger is now 4 bucks,The list goes on and on and on.We see prices go up on things every time fuel goes up and stays up.Like it or not this is our problem to.We are part of the world.

However that being said I belive Iran is going to keep playing games and Israel is gonna say enough and take care of the problem themselfs.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Layout what treaty? If you want to believe that they abide by treaties while we pose a threat to them, you know well enough that our ability to stop them is almost nil.

As to the question about oil prices going up, that is where the rest of the middle east needs to step up and flood the market to stop increase in prices. In addition to this if we are actually concern about the price of oil, we would do everything that we can do to make the dollar stronger - like cutting our spending and lower our debt.

By the by the Chinese have said the straights need to stay open.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Layout what treaty? If you want to believe that they abide by treaties while we pose a threat to them, you know well enough that our ability to stop them is almost nil.

As to the question about oil prices going up, that is where the rest of the middle east needs to step up and flood the market to stop increase in prices. In addition to this if we are actually concern about the price of oil, we would do everything that we can do to make the dollar stronger - like cutting our spending and lower our debt.

By the by the Chinese have said the straights need to stay open.

Greg you know as well as the rest of us the middle east will not flood the market.For the same reason none of the oil countrys over there will do anything to stop Iran from closing the strait.The higher the prices go the more money they make.Its easy to offer up answers to problems that you know will never happen.

As far as the chinese saying the straits need to stay open goes, what else are they really going to say to us or the rest of the world????????????????

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I would think that we would see the same action with the Arab league and OPEC when they fine the value of their wealth to shrink if our dollar takes more of a dive.

The Chinese, who have a lot more influence there than we do seem to be telling the Iranians - not us - that the straights have to remain open. Like with NK, they seem to be stepping into the issue and telling them what they want or the issue of trade will be the leveraging chip to solve the problem.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Pre-ww2 if against a country it was our part in the German blockade in 1917/1918 and in 1848 the blockade of Veracruz.

After WW2 was in Korea (wonson) and for the Bosnian war which we screwed Serbia as a Nato partner.

But our blockade of Cuba during the missile crisis was equal to the bay of pigs invasion, an act of war.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Throughout much of the Vietnam war the U.S. Navy established a blockaded off the coast of North Vietnam which also included the mining of harbors and rivers.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lincoln ordered a naval blockade of the South stretching from the Atlantic coast, around Florida and along the Gulf coast and up the Mississippi River.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I have actually sailed throught the 'Straits' on more than one occasion. From a firsthand view, the straits could be closed pretty easily, a couple of big ships sunk in the seaway would effectively close the strait. A small submarine or even shore based anti ship missile could do it pretty easy.

Anyway, If we go kinectic with Iran it would be pretty easy for them to do, Ithink they would, if I was pres. Of Iran I would do it out of spite.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Moot,
I didn't include vietnam because I forgot but the war between the states to me was an internal thing.