In at least 2 current threads in the Soapbox dealing with Ron Paul, the possible closing of the Strait of Hormuz by Iran has been mentioned. 85% of the crude oil that passes through the strait is bound for Asian markets. Even if the remaining 15% was headed for the U.S., so what! This is more of a concern for exporters of crude oil along the Persian Gulf and for the major importers of this crude oil in Asia. Let China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq deal with Iran. If we want to go to war over oil, let's keep it in our neighborhood and invade Mexico and Canada.