States & Provinces You've Been In

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
This is for publication in our print magazine Expedite NOW

1. How many states and/or provinces have you been in since you started your expediting/trucking career?

2. Can you name them?
Example: NJ, OH, ON.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I was thinking the same thing RoadTime in ten years we have been in all of the lower 48 and all of the lower provinces in Canada.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
1. How many states and/or provinces have you been in since you started your expediting/trucking career? 48 and 8

2. Can you name them? Yes

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
All of the above. Only about half of lower Canada.

I think my rear bumper hung over into Mexico once.

eb

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Er, well that's not really how we print things in the magazine. LOL!

Question: Expediter Bobby - Where you been?

Answer: Errywhere!

LOL!

So......

This is for publication in our print magazine Expedite NOW

1. How many states and/or provinces have you been in since you started your expediting/trucking career?

2. Can you name them?
Example: NJ, OH, ON.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: States & Provinces You've Been In

1. All CONUS except WA and NV (46);
2. NB and NS only.

Last edited:

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't get out as much as some of you do, apparently. I've been mostly Eastern half of the US, no Canada.
Can I name them? Well, let's see h'yar.
ND, SD, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, TX, MN, IA, MO, AR, Wisconsin, IL, MI, IN, KY, TN, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, VA, W-VA, OH, Pennsylvania, NY, Massachusetts.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe a link to a map that one can pin the states and provinces? Might be handy for relatives as we'll.

TDave

Expert Expediter
46 states and one province

Yes every where except Alaska, Washington and Maine and just Ontario province

Erm still a newbie I guess :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Every state except Alaska & Hawaii [why won't they build a bridge?!], and only one province: Ontario.
The next one should ask: which are your favorites?

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I have been to every state in the USA including Alaska and Hawaii , been to every Provence in Canada , even to us possessions such as Guam , Australia, nz, most islands in Micronesia japan South Korea Hong Kong s. Africa Germany England Spain and France some others too
The best part is it didn't cost me a cent , got to love someone else's dime , entertainment touring is great!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
48 states, 8 provinces. The longer we are off the road, the cooler that statistic becomes. So grateful to have been expediters for 10 years.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
47 out of 50 states, missing Maine. Should have went when I was in NE Boston. :)
BC Ontario Quebec. Also went to a couple Mexican border towns before it got bad.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hello, I've trucked all 48- with Expediter I even trucked into Ontario a little past Toronto from Detroit a fair amount of times. Driving tour busses I've driven thru and/or in nearly every major city in the US as well as extensively exploring the provinces of Quebec and Ontario. I will add that I count South Dakota because I drove an 18 wheeler into the north west corner of it to pick up a load kitty litter (Yes, Kitty Litter - don't remember what brand) if my memory serves correctly.

I've driven expedited freight primarily along the 65 and 75 corridor, expedited freight seemed to keep me between I-65 and CT, mostly north of I-20 and I-40.

Driving 18's I bounced all over creation, no 2 weeks were in the same area of the country. I got a lot of mountain driving experience driving 18's too.

Driving tour busses is a mixture - private coach work entails extensive interstate driving and then into the city while charter work is interstate then touring in cities like NYC and Boston and Montreal. Then you get off the beaten path too and get to go places like Tadoussac where there's wicked Canadian DOT and Lac Saint-Jean area where you've never seen so many blueberries and La Tuque/3 Rivers area where sea planes take off with hunters into the north woods. Nice places too like Niagara On The Lake- which is a bit nicer than Niagara Falls where wicked Canadian DOT likes to harass I mean hang out at - Much like Quebec City actually.

While limo work is intercity work that always leaves a story to tell, just like a tour bus- except a turning radius that leaves little to be desired. Sure would be nice though if they made a tour bus drivers seat as comfortable as a limo's drivers seat.

Dump trucks beat your body up when they're empty, but ride pretty nice when they're loaded.

Garbage truck driving wears you down because you got to watch your crew on the sides and constantly as well as look out for village idiots who for some reason were given a license to drive. You get to deal with drunks at night too more with trash trucks (the kind that are walking - or attempting to walk) and then there's dogs too... dogs do not like trucks that make a lot of noise, but it is kinda funny to see a guy try to climb up the side of a trash truck in your mirrors.

Driving concrete mixer was get on the road and then go off road - literally. Concrete mixer driving really builds your leg and arm muscles because your up and down a ladder all day and sometimes all night too and then there's the whole clutch foot scene because you may be in a granny gear on the site and might if your really lucky have to navigate a driveway for some rich people that has a steep grade and lots of trees on either side of it.

Sand/Plow truck driving is neat though, too bad it's so seasonal though. Challenging, yet exhilarating at the same time.

What's our favorite state to drive in? Tough question for most of us I'd imagine, in the sense that there's so many neat places in North America. What are some of the area's we prefer to drive in over other area's and why would be a more ideal question that's easier to answer.

48 and Ontario and Quebec would have been simpler, however I figured I'd jazz up the thread a little bit to spice things up.

BigBusBob / Triple B / MotorMouth

Next....

Last edited: