Stand up stand up and fight

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Funny how you're using McCain's campaign slogan, when he voted for the damm thing.

The time for fighting is past. Shoulda done that when they were voting on it. The court isn't a popularity contest.

But it is time someone took them to task on writing legislation outside the scope of the Constitution. I wish him well; and hope it's a precedent.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Too many people are way too shortsighted on this bailout issue. It's like if the US auto industry fails, the Big Two and the Other One, anyway, people think just let 'em fail, serves 'em right, but they fail to recognize that nearly immediately somewhere between 2.2 and 2.8 million people would be out of a job, from the plants themselves, the suppliers and the indirect jobs that rely on the industry.

If the banks and financial institutions are allowed to fail it won't be a handful of banks, it's be world wide, and the ramifications are mind boggling. If that happens people, will wish that it was only 2.8 million out of work. Commercial paper will be no more, short term loans will be impossible to get, and businesses of just about every kind would fail within weeks.

I don't like the buyout, either, as something should have been done long before it got to this point, but it's a little late to just ingore it and hope it goes away. If there's a viable alternative, I'm all for it. So far, ain't heard one.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I just finished reading Alan Greenspan's book and he talks about bailing out foreign banks while he was Fed Chairman and why they felt as if they had to do it. Brought a whole new insight into this situation and it is not as easy to solve as it sounds. Just let them fail I hate to say is not the solution.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
This AUTO bailout has me ALERTED that someone has a MONOPOLY over DETROIT and UNIONS, like pelousy.reik. After carter and the ARAB oil embargo- I was one to NEVER trust ARAB's mid-eastern supplied oil= DAH!! fast forward, Why did Detriot continue to build SUV's KNOWING pelousy and the past ARAB's could bring their production to a stand still ?? WHICH BOTH HAVE DONE!! 2006 changed oil markets thru the lib's and so many LOST today!! Out of ALL the brains out there-- Are they so ignorant and WHY is pelousy immerging as the massiah- the only great hope for millions/billions in HER purse?? The ECONOMY COLLAPED under pelousy and reik's VOTE'S/ AGENDA!! Every election goes after the ECONOMY as a tool to WIN!! Wake up AMERICA-- once again the fox's are regulating the hen house DEMIZE and BAILOUT!! BOUGHT AGAIN!! LIBERALISM AT WORK!!

ps I'm on my way to my OTHER business REVENUE!! NEVER again ALL the EGGS in one basket!! dah-uh especially one only linked to the economy! wake- up DETRIOT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAR-HEADS AND ALL VETS.! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE! SALUTE!

Last edited: