St Louis MO Weather and Missouri

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
MODOT has issued a NO TRAVEL ADVISORY warning beginning at 6pm and extending through Sunday. “For your safety and the safety of our crews, we’re asking that once this storm hits your region of the state, you avoid travel unless it is a dire emergency,” said Elizabeth Wright, MoDOT state maintenance engineer. “Snow is predicted to be heavy at times and when accompanied by ice and the extremely low temperatures it makes travel extremely hazardous. "

This was posted by the Rolla PD, but the warnings like this are out everywhere, freezing rain has already begun here in the St Louis area...predictions are from 6- 14" of snow, sleet and freezing rain and extreme cold, If your coming thru please check ahead and be prepared....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
for Little Rock tomorrow. Glad we are not staying in the truck. This MAY have an impact on Monday's load.

[h=3]Arkansas[/h]A dangerous ice storm is possible for Arkansas on Sunday. The National Weather Service has expanded a winter storm warning so that it covers the northern two-thirds of the state. KATV.com reports that power company Entergy Arkansas says the utility is prepared for Winter Storm Titan this weekend. Still, officials predict significant outages and caution residents to stay away from any downed power lines.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Shut 'er down in Columbia, MO about an hour ago, after I passed several accidents due to deteriorating road conditions ... the roads are starting to get icy in spots and my windshield kept glazing up ... had to stop every 10 miles or so for a couple of minutes for the glaze of ice to melt off ...

Seems like MODOT was slow getting the salt trucks out ... only passed 3 between St. Louis and Columbia.

If it changes to snow relatively quickly, it might not be too bad heading west (at least for awhile), assuming MODOT gets some salt down ...

It has been snowing in KC for some hours now.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sunny and 85 here in Miami, Time to get on the bad motorscooter and ride it like I stole it :cool:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Delivered in La Cygne, KS at 07:00 this morning ... they've scaled back the snow forecast for KC ... 6" total ... roads are not great ... icy in spots ... was 3 degrees when I delivered, the windchill is currently around -15 to -20 ...

Espar good ...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Shut 'er down in Columbia, MO about an hour ago, after I passed several accidents due to deteriorating road conditions ... the roads are starting to get icy in spots and my windshield kept glazing up ... had to stop every 10 miles or so for a couple of minutes for the glaze of ice to melt off ...

Seems like MODOT was slow getting the salt trucks out ... only passed 3 between St. Louis and Columbia.

If it changes to snow relatively quickly, it might not be too bad heading west (at least for awhile), assuming MODOT gets some salt down ...

It has been snowing in KC for some hours now.

You at the Midway T/S?? I'm in Boonville waiting this mess out.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I decided not to take a run last night from Alsip, Illinois to the South Bend, Indiana area last night because I, personally, wasn't safe to drive (tired). Looking at the weather in the general area, it looks like my decision was right for more than one reason. The Indiana Tollroad had to be disastrous if the radar was any indication.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The power plant?
Yeah ... Kansas Power & Light I think.

Wasn't supposed to deliver until Monday morning but I figured what the heck ... (my reward for that bit of initiative was getting a call for load going from KC to North Platte ... didn't get it though ... which is fine with me)

Pretty wild getting into the plant ... had to cross over the dam for the lake to get to the entry road going in. Lake was not frozen and the wind was blowing around 15 to 20 mph straight out of the north (road runs east west) ... there was so much lake-effect snow coming off the lake, that it had visibility down to 20' to 30' ... I crawled across :cool:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You at the Midway T/S?? I'm in Boonville waiting this mess out.
Nah ... I pulled off and went to a Walmart around 23:00 ... kicked back until 01:30, waiting for the precip to go from liquid to solid so I'd have some traction, and then I split for the drop in La Cygne, KS ... drove over at 40 to 50 mph ...

Came up to J in Peculiar after I dropped ... figured I'd hang here until it's over and they get a handle on the roads ...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Heavy sleet falling now. IF this keeps up tomorrow's run may be in trouble. Still lighting and thunder to go with it. Sure am happy we are NOT in the truck. I would hate to have to walk across a parking lot that is as slippery as it is out there right now.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice ice sheet outside. Some traffic moving. Looks like the weather is bad along our entire route. Won't be upset if this cancels or is postponed for a day.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The foreman at our pickup called FDCC from his house, he is unable to get out. I had already called in to FDCC and told them it would be a good idea to postpone this load until tomorrow. It would seem that common sense may prevail, for once, and this load will go tomorrow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The foreman at our pickup called FDCC from his house, he is unable to get out. I had already called in to FDCC and told them it would be a good idea to postpone this load until tomorrow. It would seem that common sense may prevail, for once, and this load will go tomorrow.

so the shipper can not even get out of his house....LOL and they MIGHT have you drive it?...not cancelled yet....is the shipper the customer tho?