sraled beam headlights

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus

well that is supposed to be sealed beam headlights.

replaced the old g.e lights last week. before i say further, i am addicted to cibie headlights, from my youth. i replaced the g.e. sealed beams with sylvania h6054. these are the brighter, whiter, wider beam pattern.

the width of the light covers both shoulders of the road on low beam. the width of the light on hi beam goes about 60 ft to the sides!! nice way to view for roadside critters.

the basic light beam gives nice forward vision. when you light the higb beams mile markers down the road light up. i measured a .9 mile down the road of light. not all of it on the pavement but it is above the raod doing good thing.

since i cannot have the composite head lamps i want, with the 55/65 h4 bulbs, i think these are great.

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
I drive a KW T600 with those rectangular headlights (That STINK!!!!) . Nothing light overdriving your headlights with dry pavement at 30mph. nor seeing the schoulder..:mad::(

Are these these lamps still available, or is there something new and better out there?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know if you are aware of this but they do make the rectangle headlamp that takes H4 bulbs. Cibie, Hella and Bosch are the better ones but there are a number of ones out there that may work as well.

What ever you do, don't put those d*mn 75 watt low beams in the headlamp, it is a good way to p*ss people off. Stick to 65/100 watt bulbs.

If your lights are dim, like what Buddy mentioned, check the voltage at the lamps with them on.

If you are looking at an HID conversion by the way, there is two lights (one is on the market, one will be soon) that are the only DOT certified HID conversion lights out. Putting the HID bulbs in to an H4 or 900x housing is not good.

guido4475

Not a Member
I ran the 90/100 watt light bulbs in my Fl-70 when I converted them over.They worked great, but the wiring issue was a different story,LOL.

guido4475

Not a Member
Chrome shop mafia sells them, as well as Iowa 80 for our ford vans.Bulbs of all kinds are available anywhere.I'll soon have them.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
well it took a while but my new headlights are ordered. along with new amber fog assy's and stone shields.

guido4475

Not a Member
I got mine from Summit racing 3 weeks ago.They look real cool, and are 200% better than my old sealed beams.They actually have a blue outer ring that lights up when youre marker lights are on, giving the headlight a gentle blue/white glow like those foreign cars. Bulbs are xtravision from Carquest,55/65 watt.I was going to go and use the 90/100 watt, but I was afraid they might of drawn tooo much juice and start to melt wires or something.Next thing on my list is doing something with the wheels /hubcaps....those factory ones are ugly !!!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
L-O-V-E the new lights. nice looking at the birds sleeping in the trees across the road. the fogs are wonderful also when used in the rain without the headlights..

guido, add a relay for each headlight and that will lower the draw. get the bigger wattage. you will never go back to dot bulbs again.