Sprinter Information

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Now that Freightliner is the only ones selling Sprinters and no longer Dodge dealers where do you get repairs?

According to their website the Freightliner Dealer authorized for Sprinters are only a couple per State at best.

We don't have any here in Missouri which is surprising since we have many large trucking companies and a lot of Freightliner dealers.

Big Al:confused:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
ALWAYS choose a Mercedes dealer over any other dealer that services a sprinter. Even when Dodge was the "only" mainstream place that was handling the vehicle, there were Merc dealers who were handling "RV" repairs for some of their clients.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
ALWAYS choose a Mercedes dealer over any other dealer that services a sprinter. Even when Dodge was the "only" mainstream place that was handling the vehicle, there were Merc dealers who were handling "RV" repairs for some of their clients.

If I buy used Dodge will the Mercedes dealer's do service, also would it be better to purchase from a Merceds dealer or a Freightliner dealer?

Big Al :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Now that Freightliner is the only ones selling Sprinters and no longer Dodge dealers where do you get repairs?
For 2009 and earlier Sprinters, most Dodge dealers that were Sprinter dealers are also still doing Sprinter repairs for the model years they sold. Much like the Mercedes dealers who were unable to even order parts for Sprinters, the former Sprinter Dodge dealers cannot order parts or perform warranty work on 2010 and later model year Sprinters. It may change to where they can order 2010 parts, but they won't be able to perform warranty work for sure. The Mercedes dealers can now order parts and perform service on Sprinters older than 2010, so that's not a problem anymore. By and large, since Mercedes technicians are Mercedes trained and are immersed in all things Mercedes, you'll get better diagnostics and repairs at Mercedes dealers.

I had some work done at that Southtown Dodge in St Louis. Far as I know they are still doing Sprinter repair work, and they have a really good Sprinter tech there (several of them, actually). The key is a good Sprinter tech, regardless of where it's repaired. Music City Dodge (off I-24 just south of Bell Rd in Nashville) has a good tech. So does mine at home (Parkway Chrysler in Benton, KY). Freedom Dodge in Lexington, KY has a good one, a really good one.

There are a few Dodge Sprinter techs that are on par with the techs at Mercedes dealers, but not many.

As for where to buy a new one, it doesn't really matter, Freightliner or Mercedes. Go with whichever one gives you the best deal. Either will perform maintenance on it.

Mine is a 2005 Freightliner, but I've never had it repaired at a Freightliner dealer.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I called several Mercedes dealers in Cincinnati - Dayton - Columbus. One guy that answered did not even know Mercedes was going to start selling the Sprinter here in the U.S.

I have yet to find a Mercedes dealer that has a Sprinter for sale.

What's up with that?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I have yet to find a Mercedes dealer that has a Sprinter for sale.

What's up with that?
Not all Mercedes dealers are going to be selling/servicing Sprinters, just as not all Dodge dealers did (I think there are around 100 in the US who will) - it requires a specific commitment from a dealer, in terms of technician training to service the vehicles, inventory, and probably space (the dealer where I bought my RAM pickup - Underwood Motors in Wooster, OH - wanted the Sprinter - but Dodge wouldn't let them sign up as a Sprinter dealer, as their lot/facility was too small)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

According to their website the Freightliner Dealer authorized for Sprinters are only a couple per State at best.

We don't have any here in Missouri which is surprising since we have many large trucking companies and a lot of Freightliner dealers.

Big Al:confused:

According to my Dodge dealer..they will still be doing repairs of NON warranty work..they are still in the supply line for parts....they just won''t be selling them or doing warranty work on the 2010 and up....they will still honour any extended warranty offered before by Dodge.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Not all Mercedes dealers are going to be selling/servicing Sprinters, just as not all Dodge dealers did (I think there are around 100 in the US who will) - it requires a specific commitment from a dealer, in terms of technician training to service the vehicles, inventory, and probably space (the dealer where I bought my RAM pickup - Underwood Motors in Wooster, OH - wanted the Sprinter - but Dodge wouldn't let them sign up as a Sprinter dealer, as their lot/facility was too small)

That I understand, but you would think someone in the tri-state area would be a dealer. I would appreciate it if you find a Mercedes dealer in OH-MI-IN area that carries the Sprinter.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
here in hampton roads area of va tysinger was a dodge dealer and a mb dealer and then lost the dodge dealer ship
than when mb took sprinter back
will again be sprinter dealer after they build there new show room this will be about june of this year
and they have great tech's

in va there are only 2 sprinter dealers one in richmond at the freightliner dealer and other tysinger in hampton

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
DICK MYERS CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP, 1711 S MAIN ST HARRISONBURG VA 22801 540-433-1600
DOMINION CAR COMPANY 1259 EAST MAIN STREET SALEM VA 24153 540-387-0202
FARRISH DODGE JEEP 9610 LEE HWY FAIRFAX VA 22031 703-273-0200
GREEN GIFFORD CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE 2747 N MILITARY HWY NORFOLK VA 23518 757-855-2277
MECHANICSVILLE DODGE 6530 MECHANICSVILLE PIKE MECHANICSVILLE VA 23111 804-559-4400
SAFFORD DODGE JEEP OF SPRINGFIELD 6801 COMMERCE ST SPRINGFIELD VA 22150 703-866-1700
SAFFORD MOTORS DODGE 5202 JEFFERSON DAVIS HWY FREDERICKSBURG VA 22408 540-898-7200
SHELOR CHRYSLER-DODGE 2340 ROANOKE STREET CHRISTIANSBURG VA 24073 540-382-2981
STARR MOTORS INCORPORATED 2584 PRUDEN BLVD SUFFOLK VA 23434 757-539-0214
TYSINGER MOTOR CO INC 2712 MAGRUDER BLVD HAMPTON VA 23666 757-865-8000
WILLIAMSBURG DODGE 7101 RICHMOND ROAD WILLIAMSBURG VA 23188 757-564-9700

All repairs 2009 and older.