Sounds Like Israel Has Had Enough...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Maybe they consider honest biased.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123
That's exactly the criticisms and complaints by pro Israel folks, that his reporting was pro Hamas, because it dared to report the facts in an impartial manner, some of which included things that weren't flattering to Israel, and we just can't have any of that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ayman Mohyeldin is not just some yahoo shilling for the Hamas, as has been claimed by several ignorants. He's a very well respected and accomplished reporter, earning that respect by the unwavering reporting of the Five Ws in an unbiased manner. He was born in Egypt but was raised in the US. He earned a bachelors and a masters degree from American University in Washington. He started at NBC News in Washington in 2001 and later worked for Fox News and CNN. He joined Al Jazeera English and became a TV news star covering the 2011 Arab Spring upheaval. That April, he was named one of Time's 100 most influential people, and a few months later he was poached back from Al Jazeera English by NBC News. To have NBC News just up and yank him from the air is something that should be taken note of. And it is, for those interested in journalistic integrity and excellence in journalism.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So your saying he doesn't have any bias? Do you know EXACTLY,without a doubt, why he was pulled?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So your saying he doesn't have any bias?
No, I'm not. He may very well have. But he doesn't report with a bias. He has a long and distinguished history of a non-biased reporting of the Five Ws, and his reports from Gaza were equally unbiased despite having a personal connection to the children killed.

It's interesting that the link to the RealClearPolitics piece has his words described as a "a pro-Hamas rant" when the reality is his words are nothing more than a bland reporting of the Five Ws done without bias. It's a simple laying out of the facts, every one of which is true and verifiable. It's also telling that he categorized a statement of fact as a "complaint." Twice.

Do you know EXACTLY,without a doubt, why he was pulled?
Of course not. That's kind of the big question, isn't it? Why was he pulled? And it's a question that NBC News has yet to answer with any credibility.

I understand the overwhelming, seemingly desperate need to Google your fingers raw looking for something, anything, to discredit Ayman Mohyeldin as a biased reporter, as a pro-Hamas shill, especially since you probably never even heard of him until very recently, but you won't be able to. At least not with facts. You'll have to use someone else's biased opinion to do it, someone who is pro-Israel to the point where they believe, like the RealClearPolitics commentator, that Israel can do no wrong, ever.

So go ahead, spend you nights and days Googling like crazy. posting links to the opinions of others rather than offering up some insightful conclusions of your own. It'll be entertaining. Well, not really, but you know.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They were probably planted in there to make Hamas look bad.
Article:
(AFP) – The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees said Thursday it was investigating after finding 20 rockets hidden in one of its vacant schools in the Gaza Strip.
Hmmm ... vacant schools ...

That's where those phantom "human shields" attend, right ?

... lol ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It might. But no.

May 14, 1948.
Consider the dilemma involved with trying to explain reality to someone who apparently really believes that the United States has never been involved in "foreign meddling" overseas ... or that if it has, it was all entirely justified ...

That's a level of ideological delusion that is not easily overcome with something so mundane and pedestrian as actual facts ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
She deleted her tweet so I guess it doesn't exist.
CNN Reporter Calls Israelis 'Scum'
You think her sentiments perhaps might have been influenced by the civilian Israelis (where she was reporting) "threatening to destroy" the news crew's vehicle if she "said a word wrong" ? (as detailed in the story)

(A person who was reasonably intelligent - at least PR-wise - would read beyond the headline ... and consider what the actual content of the story they have linked might say about the narrative they are trying to present ... ;))

And if that's how the average Israeli citizen acts, then what does it say about the state of civility (or barbarity) in Israel ?

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
So your saying he doesn't have any bias? Do you know EXACTLY,without a doubt, why he was pulled?
Well, what we do know is he was pulled ... and replaced with "one of the tribe" (Richard Engel) ...

Doesn't look particularly good ... to say the very least ...

Wanna lay odds on what type of bias Richard Engel might have ?

... lol ... ;)

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
So go ahead, spend you nights and days Googling like crazy. posting links to the opinions of others rather than offering up some insightful conclusions of your own. It'll be entertaining. Well, not really, but you know.
Trust me on this one:

It will be HUGELY entertaining ... at least for me ... ;)

Geezus ... he's already linking stuff that quotes Rania Khalek and cites Mondoweiss ... how much better will it get, as the spasms of pro-Israel fervor become completely uncontrollable ?

I'll probably be able to take the entire next week off ...

Bring on some Muttly-provided linkage to The Elder of Moron™ for the Hasbara™ skinny on Mohyeldin's dirty laundry and hidden penchant for falafel ... as well as some insightful "live ammo analysis" !

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, I'm not. He may very well have. But he doesn't report with a bias. He has a long and distinguished history of a non-biased reporting of the Five Ws, and his reports from Gaza were equally unbiased despite having a personal connection to the children killed.

It's interesting that the link to the RealClearPolitics piece has his words described as a "a pro-Hamas rant" when the reality is his words are nothing more than a bland reporting of the Five Ws done without bias. It's a simple laying out of the facts, every one of which is true and verifiable. It's also telling that he categorized a statement of fact as a "complaint." Twice.

Of course not. That's kind of the bug question, isn't it? Why was he pulled? And it's a question that NBC News has yet to answer with any credibility.

I understand the overwhelming, seemingly desperate need to Google your fingers raw looking for something, anything, to discredit Ayman Mohyeldin as a biased reporter, as a pro-Hamas shill, especially since you probably never even heard of him until very recently, but you won't be able to. At least not with facts. You'll have to use someone else's biased opinion to do it, someone who is pro-Israel to the point where they believe, like the RealClearPolitics commentator, that Israel can do no wrong, ever.

No need to get snippy. I don't know the guy. Just asked the question because you made the comment about a reporter being pulled for a certain reason,like you were privy to some information.You just stated that you DONT KNOW . so your previous statement and conclusion was just a hunch. BTW I provided a Wikipedia link and a New York magazine link that weren't hit pieces. I'll give my opinion later when have more time.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trust me on this one:

It will be HUGELY entertaining ... at least for me ... ;)

Geezus ... he's already linking stuff that quotes Rania Khalek and cites Mondoweiss ... how much better will it get, as the spasms of pro-Israel fervor become completely uncontrollable ?

I'll probably be able to take the entire next week off ...

Bring on some Muttly-provided linkage to The Elder of Moron™ for the Hasbara™ skinny on Mohyeldin's dirty laundry and hidden penchant for falafel ... as well as some insightful "live ammo analysis" !
Kind of goes against the false narrative advanced by Turtle that I've feverishly googled everything to discredit him now does it? Hehehe.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You think her sentiments perhaps might have been influenced by the civilian Israelis (where she was reporting) "threatening to destroy" the news crew's vehicle if she "said a word wrong" ? (as detailed in the story)

(A person who was reasonably intelligent - at least PR-wise - would read beyond the headline ... and consider what the actual content of the story they have linked might say about the narrative they are trying to present ... ;))

And if that's how the average Israeli citizen acts, then what does it say about the state of civility (or barbarity) in Israel ?
It might show she harbors an ill will or bias by her statement. A good journalist shouldn't let themselves be easily INFLUENCED.
http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/laur...gns-reporter-who-called-israelis-scum-twitter

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It might show she harbors an ill will or bias by her statement. A good journalist shouldn't let themselves be easily INFLUENCED.
C'mon man, you're making it too easy. You're just settin' up and I'm knocking 'em down. You, the guy who actually believes Fox News is Fair and Balanced, who thinks Fox News journalists are not only good, but excellent, are going to sit there and educate us on what is and is not a good journalist?

I don't have enough faces or palms for that one.

tumblr_mnorgxJ9Ip1rzw5wco1_1280_zps839b9b70.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No need to get snippy.
Snippy because your very first response to this was to post Scott Whitlock's assessment of Mohyeldin's comments as being "derisive" despite the fact that Mohyeldin's comments were nothing more than factually stating what the State Department said. All Mohyeldin did was report the facts without bias, and Whitlock (and by association you, since that was your response) claims it's biased when it clearly is not. Like I said earlier, in the minds of many, if your reporting isn't pro-Israel, then it's biased against Israel and you are therefore pro-Hamas.

I don't know the guy. Just asked the question because you made the comment about a reporter being pulled for a certain reason,like you were privy to some information.You just stated that you DONT KNOW . so your previous statement and conclusion was just a hunch. BTW I provided a Wikipedia link and a New York magazine link that weren't hit pieces. I'll give my opinion later when have more time.
Your conclusion that my conclusion is based solely on a hunch is ridiculous. You should know me well enough by now to realize I'm not one to make definitive or strong opinionated statements based on mere hunches. It's not based on a hunch, it's based on the facts at hand. Like I said in #22, his reporting was facts delivered in an impartial manner, some of which was not at all flattering to Israel, and in the eyes of pro Israel folks that equates to not being pro Israel, which means he's pro-Hamas. NBC News, like all US mainstream media, is pro Israel, and always have been. And they won't tolerate reporters putting Israel in a negative light, even if the reporting is true, unless there is no way around it. NBC News stated they pulled him off the story for "security reasons" because of an impending ground assault, which falls disingenuous, since they continue to report from there, and sent into Gaza Richard Engel along with an American producer who has never been to Gaza and speaks no Arabic. One could certainly speculate that NBC News got word that if they didn't shut him up and tow the line, then he or other NBC News reporters would be accidentally killed by lightening or lead rubber bullets, or, even more horrific, they would lose certain access to stories and political figures. But Occam's Razor being what it is, the likely reason behind his pulling is that he wasn't pro-Israel enough with his Five Ws.

Do keep in mind that Jews have a rather large and impressive representation in the American news media, tend to be (understatement) pro Israel and that Richard Engel is Jewish. He has no love lost for Arab Muslims, especially after that incident where he and 2 of his crew members were kidnapped in Syria by shabiha militia, which is allied with Hezbollah.

So, this "hunch" is based on the fact that NBC News, who is pro Israel, yanked the unbiased Egyptian-American reporter who had the gall to report unflattering truths about Israel, and replaced him toot sweet with an anti-Hamas, pro-Israel Jew.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
C'mon man, you're making it too easy. You're just settin' up and I'm knocking 'em down. You, the guy who actually believes Fox News is Fair and Balanced, who thinks Fox News journalists are not only good, but excellent, are going to sit there and educate us on what is and is not a good journalist?

I don't have enough faces or palms for that one.

tumblr_mnorgxJ9Ip1rzw5wco1_1280_zps839b9b70.jpg

Am I being misled? :cool: