Some Breakfast Ideas

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I am so excited to find some quick breakfast ideas today at Wal-Mart. Our problem is that we usually deliver in the middle of the night or early morning and we are hungry and exhausted. We just want a nice breakfast and some sleep. I found some great breakfast ideas that I thought I'd share. I think these things must be new. I can't remember seeing them before.
1) In the frozen food section Jimmy Dean has breakfast bowls. They are awesome. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese - microwave for 3 min. The cheese melts and the whole thing is so good. Anything in a bowl works great in the truck.
2) Also in the frozen food section: Red Baron Scrambles. It looks like a personal pan pizza thing with scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon. Microwave and you have it all!
3) One other item: Otis Spunkmeyer has a new package of individually wrapped muffins (blueberry, banana nut, etc). They are the perfect size for a quick breakfast with a cup of coffee.

India Hamner
FedEx CC
Life is short. Stay awake for it!

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
Sharing tips like this is what make this forum so valuable. Thanks for the suggestions!

JeffJensen

Moderator Emeritus
The Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits with sausage, egg and cheese as well as the croissants with sausage, egg and cheese is some mighty fine eatin' too!

The Hot Pockets Subs are decent as well, particularly the Philly Cheese Steaks. (They don't taste like the cheese steaks I remember, but they're good, nonetheless.)

This is a personal favorite that I have at home, but it's perfectly suited to a truck - Stouffer's frozen macaroni and beef dinners. Zap it for 6 minutes and you're ready to go. It's a small portion but it still fills me up!

Even though I'm homebound now and have a full kitchen at my disposal, I only "cook" in the microwave.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Back when the former spousal unit and I first got together, she insisted on having a "state of the art" microwave. I wanted a basic one as I felt that basic functions were all we would with it. I'm sure you all know what we ended up with. She decided the first thing she was going to do was cook a roast. I had no idea beef could end up that color. I immediately took corrective action and ordered a pizza.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
One would think, that after eating these breakfast dishes, if you were to be very, very quiet, you would be able to hear your arteries
slamming shut.:+ :+

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Anything I can find laying around the fridge that does not have fuzzy green or blue stuff on it seems to be good in the morning.

seriously, I will have to try the jimmy dean bowls and get them next shopping trip.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
>Is there any other way besides the Microwave?

Can you say Waffle House? :9

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

24darode

Seasoned Expediter
24darode
Before we leave home we break enough eggs to fill a wide mouth 20. oz. juice bottle (stores better for us). then we spray a little pam in a paper bowel salt and pepper to taste put it in the microwave and nuke it to the desired doneness. you can also put a slice of delli ham or cheese on it before cooking it and it fits just right between to slices of bread for a breakfast sandwich. we also use egg beaters the same way.We use paper bowels because we can pitch them and n ot have to clean them.:9

Redbird Girl

Seasoned Expediter
Eggbeaters works great!! they even have it with stuff added, like ham & chesse & Southwest.

Redbird Girl-LIVESTRONG-LIVE LONG:) :9

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We picked up a little 800 watt toaster at Walmart the other day. Couldn't pass up the price of $6.98 and now I'm in heaven! :) I can have peanut butter toast anytime I want it. LOL

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There is not much better then a toasted extra chunky peanut butter and jelly sandwich. What I find my problem in the morning is that Bob sleeps in till about 10:00 at least and I am usually up by 5:00 and I don't like to rummage around trying to fix my breakfast. I usually end up grabbing something quick and it usually is not healthy! I have been trying to have more fruit setting around so am now eating an apple and a banana!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
only a few words for other than the microwave, GT express101. that thing kathy the little red head sells on the infomercial, get one they are the best thing since sliced bread. really does do everything she claims and about any other concocion you can dream up. if it fits in the cooker, you can cook it. try it you will be amazed.