So Long

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
A picture from the Christian Scientist Futuristic Revised Old Testament; Noah loading his flying saucer before the Lord sends a wave.
d441bd13-a356-4fee-a4ac-c6052dd8dec6_zps2a09c220.jpg

Your granddaughter will be glad when you get back to work, and she can play with her tub toys again, lol. ;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I sometimes have problems with the touchscreen on my phone but nothing like the difficulties I am having with the screen on this new QC. yes it does take a long time to wake up. I also noticed that once it goes to sleep, it remains asleep until the ignition is turned on. My old QC was a restless sleeper and would wake up occasionally sending out a position location.

When awake while parked this new QC sends out a constant position update which apparently will make it impossible to sneak around without starting my Panther Clock.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I still have my old QC stuff so the next time she comes over we can play Noah Lost In Space. Only the rubber ducky and the Jeanie pig are tubby toys. The other creatures are hard plastic and came with a barn set.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I sometimes have problems with the touchscreen on my phone but nothing like the difficulties I am having with the screen on this new QC.
The MCP200 comes with a screen stylus, and I'm not sure of the MCP50 does or not. I don't think it does. But you can use one instead of your fingers to poke the screen. It can be almost anything. You can take a chopstick and run it through a pencil sharpener to put a little point on the end and use that. You can use a pen (don't need the ball point extended), a car key, a little pencil-shaped piece of plastic, the tine of a fork, the tip of a Wendy's plastic spoon, a corner of the old QC head unit (OK, that one's probably not very practical). Anything pencil-shaped with a pointy end on it will work.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The MCP200 comes with a screen stylus, and I'm not sure of the MCP50 does or not. I don't think it does. But you can use one instead of your fingers to poke the screen. It can be almost anything. You can take a chopstick and run it through a pencil sharpener to put a little point on the end and use that. You can use a pen (don't need the ball point extended), a car key, a little pencil-shaped piece of plastic, the tine of a fork, the tip of a Wendy's plastic spoon, a corner of the old QC head unit (OK, that one's probably not very practical). Anything pencil-shaped with a pointy end on it will work.

His head?.....LOLUntitled attachment 00056.jpg....from your fav hoser......

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My last carrier had sprint flip phones with Sylectus software on it. It GPS tracked us, we got load info in a form of a text all at no cost to me.

sent from my Galaxy S3

Are you talking about Ceva? It actually costs, the monthly service fee: $50

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle, thank you for the advice about using a stylus. I'm using a plastic chopstick. It works great.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Turtle, thank you for the advice about using a stylus. I'm using a plastic chopstick. It works great.
I tethered my stylus with a piece of fishing line. made it handier to use and dosen`t get lost.
(Hey I can now use that line now to go fishing!)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

I'll try it [maybe a pen - don't have any chopsticks handy], but if a product that was designed to work when touched with a finger doesn't, I wouldn't call it "great", exactly.
I'd call it a failure.
PS The cold isn't the issue with mine, because it doesn't respond even when it's warm. And it goes to sleep while I'm trying to enter "arrived" - WTH is that about?!
I seriously wish we could just use text msgs or email, cause those seem to be problem free, IMO.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
After reading all the "improvements" of the new QC, I'm liking my old wheel chock even better......or at least until it's phased out.

As far as cost, I don't like Panther charging more then others, but, as a ST driver, I do like being able to pull up 8 day and 70 hour summaries quick when having only 10 hrs left on the 70 and that killer 2000 mile load is offered. Imagine fumbling thru your paper logs for this (even if they were accurate). Vanners could argue they sould pay less then ST's and T/T's since the feds do not require them to do logs......

AS in observation, How many of you use your 8 day recap to the max? Maybe I was slow to learn it, but I now have a not so fancy excel spread set up to input differing scenarios. Sometimes it comes down to minutes, but we have completed some nice loads that I would have otherwise turned down before. As a precaution to prevent a load swap, sometimes I call safety to make sure they knew we absolutely had enough hours, like when we gain a 34 hour restart over a weekend run and sit for however many 10 hr breaks for the opposing driver.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm finally getting the hang of this new QC unit. Turtle's suggestion for using chopsticks as styluses proved to be practical and fun. Look for me at a Panda Express near you.
ChopsticksFinal_zps17dab66e.png

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chopsticks' been done to death at this point. But, Chopsticks with a death metal beat... That could be a hit!