slow

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
is it always slow this time of the year ive been sitting in kannappolis nc since friday night and still sitting monday at noon??
god bless and keep rolling

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes it is slow at this time of year. I decided to take a week off and relax - meaning not doing a thing but my wife has been on me to get things done like taxes and such. I just want to sit here and stare at the walls.

Maybe someone could suggest another place to move to? Maybe south to Charlotte?

Oh how are you doing so far?

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
it is ok i drove from teldo oh to blacks burg va 440 miles at .42$ a mile then went to whaytt va then got moved down to here on friday night and have been sitting since ive got to call back at 1:00pm

ndfan

Seasoned Expediter
> Sounds like anywhere between 30 and 35 percent. Whats 5 to
>10 percent amoung friends.
is that with them paying fuel or you

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bam Bam welcome to the world of Expediting,it is not unusal to sit over a weekend or sit for several days during the week. Expediting freight is expensive so a shipper uses it as a last resort.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you are running for Fedex, I would call them as they may have a better place for you to sit.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't feel so bad, BamBam. I'm just a little ways south of you in Rock Hill,S.C. I emptied in Charlotte at 0100 Thursday morning. Yes, it is the slow time of year and I join Rich in welcoming you to our world.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That area has become alittle more competitive because Freightliner is shipping alot less these days.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Bambam , if they are paying for fuel see if they will get an IdleAire account for you . You get free phone service tv ,and internet with IdleAire . You don't have to use it constantly . I can use my fuel card to charge it to but you can add money on the member card they give you and use that . I thought IdleAire was expensive at $1.85 an hour but read an article saying that it costs over $3 an hour to idle a truck when you figure wear on belts , alternator ,and engine wear .

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
well right now in sitting at the polit on exit 63 off i85 which is small they are try ing to get me back to ohio cause my data phone is dead and the have another one there for me which sucks i do not want to go back in to the snow but if they pay me for the deadhead miles i guess i cannot complaine to much

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
yes that is how i get my loads and it hasa gps tacking on it for the customers to find exactally where there load is

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
"sigh" One load, one slow post, ok I'll bite, hey hang in there things will pick up!

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
still sitting tueaday arternoom and have been calling dispatch every hour trying to get on their nerves maygbe it will help

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well if you call every hour, it will make it seem a longer wait.

Also you said; "yes that is how i get my loads and it hasa gps tacking on it for the customers to find exactally where there load is"

SO I assume (which is dangerous) that you don't have a qualcomm?