sitting

bigrig5117

Seasoned Expediter
if economy getting better why are we sitting 4 and 5 days between every load thought we were on the front lines so if economy getting better we should know first right not happening at this time

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In expediting, it's all about being in the right place at the right time. There are people who run like crazy even when times are bad, simply because they are in the right place at the right time, and there are people who sit for days on end because there aren't loads coming out where they are sitting.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Supply & demand.
this is a nitch section of transportation , with a few sub-snitches .
rates & loads counts are greatly effected by the Orientations class.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you sit for days, it's bad luck, or your carrier is ignoring you. When you get loaded, it's because you are smart enough to be able to accurately predict the future existence of short-notice emergency freight. :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you sit for days, it's bad luck, or your carrier is ignoring you. When you get loaded, it's because you are smart enough to be able to accurately predict the future existence of short-notice emergency freight. :D

OR, you have a very, good fully functioning, crystal ball. :p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The economy is getting better??? hmmmm...oh well, but to be honest i have never sat for 4-5 between loads...but then again if i have sat for 36-48 hours, i am moving on my owm dime to some where else....:D adult a-d-d can really screw with a guy when you sit.....

timrecruiter

Seasoned Expediter
There is no need to sit that long. Here at Allstate Express we have Managers in Operations who have the job of limiting sitting time. After 24hrs our drivers are eligible for backhauls and the Managers start looking at non-expedite freight from our customers.