Sign of "things to come...Maybe

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Well I see today Hilary has replaced a "Patti" with a "Maggie" as Campaign Manager. Guess thay was not any boyz near good nuff?? Imagine a Admin type female as Chief of Staff for our Military? OMG!!!! We'll just replace her with a Betty or Jane if she don't produce or gets too many killed or injured by attempting to protect her staff from paper cuts and not paying attention to important things. Ahhh, oh well.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wasn't there a Janet and a Dee Dee somewhere in the last administration? I recall one was replaced and the other was made a hero.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I saw her on CNN giving a speech at a VA middle school. She was going on about how wise the Founding Fathers were, and the insight they had which she uses today. I immediately thought... Karl Marx was a Founding Father???

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last night I had the strangest dream. It was so real, so life-like and so vivid I woke up in a cold sweat. Let me describe it to you briefly...
1. Hillary wins the Democratic Party nomination for President of the United States
2. Naturally, she wants to choose as her running mate someone with a lot of knowledge and experience in government and foreign affairs, someone who is a seasoned campaigner who could bring a lot of strength to the ticket. Who better than Bill, her husband?!!!
3. Hill and Bill go on to win the election in November and the Democrats maintain control of the House and the Senate.
4. Hillary is sworn in as President on January 20, 2009. The next day, after all the inauguration parties are over, she calls a press conference to make an announcement: she is resigning as President!!! Bill, as the Vice President, immediately becomes President!!! This is all perfectly legal under the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, for it states that "no person may be elected as president more than twice". Bill is not being elected for a third term but is merely serving out the remainder of Hillary's term --- all 4 years of it.
5. But wait! There's more! The following day Bill calls a press conference to make an announcement. He has chosen someone to fill the now-vacant office of Vice President. Guess who he picks? Why, Hillary, of course!!!
I now realize it was not a dream but the damnest nightmare one could ever experience. Trouble is...........IT REALLY CAN HAPPEN.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OVM,
Don't have any more nightmares because here is the deal....

1 - the party will not in any way have billy involved with another presidency. He brought up the race card and it p*ssed off a lot of people, even to the point that it drove more people to Obama. The party is really on the edge of destruction like the Repubs, not as far along the path but it only takes one issue to totally divide the party - may be it would be a good thing.

2 - if they do win just as a stretch, there will be a back lash at the electoral college level, history would be in front of our eyes. Talk about recalling representatives it will happen without a doubt, I think the remnets of the republican party will be mobilized like the McCain-Kennedy bill issue.

3 - Hillary can step down and billy can become president for only one term but I bet my truck that congress will be moving very fast to amend the constitution to include the clause to prevent this from happening ever again.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't see those senarios happening but I can see Bill as a special advisor to the Hillary adminstration wandering around,stickinging his nose into cabinet meetings etc. I think he would also like to be the US rep to the United Nations.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well I see today Hilary has replaced a "Patti" with a "Maggie" as Campaign Manager.

Don't let the subtleties of the fact that a first-generation Latina, born of Mexican immigrants (Patti), was replaced with a black woman from Kansas City (Maggie).

Immigration issues won't get Hillary elected, but when Bill and others made racial-esque remarks just before the SC primary, it was Maggie that was put in front of the cameras to perform damage control. If there's a knock-down, drag-out fight between Hillary and Obama, if they're nose-to-nose and toe-to-toe and Hillary needs an edge, Maggie gives that edge better than Patti will.

When at the White House, Maggie was Hillary's "Chief of Staff" and was a central figure in the damage control of the Clinton Years, including to the point of an FBI officer, under oath, testifying that he witnessed Maggie Williams leaving Vince Foster's office carrying documents after Foster committed suicide. Williams denied it, of course.

Maggie is fiercely loyal to Hillary, and will do whatever it takes.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
OVM... don't worry about that, as Bill CANNOT be VP, BECAUSE of the fact he already served two full terms. The Constitution says a person can serve no more than 10 years. Serving as VP would give Billy the potential for going over that. Uh nuh... can't happen.