Should there be child-free zones on planes and trains?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, I will either be hunting, on my boat, or both. You might be in a room, not me!

StandingWheelchair.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What ever it takes. My Dad can hardly walk but he will be out on opening day of Michigan deer season, at 90 years old. He drives out as far as he can, gets out his bucket, sits on it and leans back on the back of his truck. One can give in or one can find a way.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
On the original subject, I would favor 'quiet zones' in such places as planes , trains, and anywhere that the noise level of others can't be escaped. In restaurants, churches, libraries, etc, parents can remove a screaming infant/toddler from the environment, though they don't bother in the grocery store, sigh.
I have a low threshold of noise tolerance [music is only noise if I don't like the band/song/genre, lol] and wouldn't want to complain about kids being exuberantly noisy, but I don't think my right to peace is less real than their right to be loud when in an enclosed space.
Nor do I think I should need to wear earplugs, if they don't have to wear a muzzle!
:eek:
I was amazed to see the number of signs in the laundromat advising parents to restrain kids from: running, climbing, playing 'tag' with mobile baskets, etc. But the sad fact is, parents NEED to be reminded of their responsibility to teach proper behavior and consideration for others these days.
In planes and trains, there is no escape - quiet zones are needed, IMO.