September, the kick off to the best quarter of the year.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, I work myself up to number 1. Yeah, took me a little over two days to get that number 1 spot. A sprinter comes in service 30 miles from me today, and gets a load ahead of me! Well!

That's ok he needed my money more than me. Not one call.

I'm ok about it, it's driver appreciating week. I appreciate the sleep time in my recliner. Back too it. Milan Tennessee to bridgeview Illinois the load was.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got two offers today. One shorty and one to Laredo. I may have ask for just a bit too much extra time on the Laredo load. That's OK cause there's a ton of people down there right now and just wanted a little extra time for sleep and ect.

Reactions: ntimevan

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
At least you guys got offers. I got nada today. I don't think I changed my phone number.

That's ok though. Tomorrow is another day..

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Yeah thats true. I like for the phone to ring. Will have to see what tomorrow/today will bring.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We need to start charging these shippers for telling us the shipment is this or that. But when we get there it's not even close to what they told us.

"Well, we told them it was 154" long. " they told me it was 120" long.

THEY and THEM LIED. Whoever they OR THEM are.
Shippers think they are putting one over on us. We let them get away with it, then they are.

Last week one skid 1500 lbs. actual load was 4 skids at 2200 lbs.

Another- 2 @ 1500 actual load was 3 2250 lbs.

But, there are a few that go the other way. 2@ 1000 lbs. actual was 1@500 lbs.

If the rates where over the top, it would be different.

I think the shipper tells whoever they book the load with what the shipment dims are. But somehow when it gets to us it's grown. So, shipping and brokerage folks think they are slick, they need another greasing.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Got my load off and I was in a place where I didn't think anything would happen in that area. I call dispatch and they confirmed, so just ate at Golden Corral and heading south.

Reactions: ntimevan

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well it's been a couple of good weeks, made it by the yard for my New Orange T-Shirt, got a free Truck wash for JJ and ran a bunch of short but well paying loads.
A big thanks to everyone at Load1 for everything you do.
Have a great weekend all

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Random thoughts...

It still makes me chuckle when shipper or receivers are amazed that we sleep in our vehicles. I wonder if the person who wants us to run at lower rates realizes this :rolleyes:

Anyways, I got the usual questions about sleeping at both my last pick up and drop. At the drop they were just gushing over my new rear window A/C unit and how they had never seen anything like that before. I guess they don't get out much, and I also must have done a good enough job on it to meet their approval ;)

They also made a point to point out my straps to the other workers. "Look his straps are all nice and neat with no knots in them". I'm thinking ok, where is this going? They then told me about the last drivers straps that were all tied in knots and he didn't know how to get them undone so they had to cut them off. So I guess I made a good impression with the guys :D

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
RoadTime, that's so true about the straps. I can't tell you how many times I was at the shipper/consignee and they said man look at the straps you got. You come prepared to do the job right don't you. I say yes I do.

I've had shippers/consignee tell me that drivers will come in freight gets loaded up and no straps gets used or just one and that's it. It blows my mind. LOL

Being neat and clean is another thing also drivers should keep in mind also. Starting from the front of the van all the way to the back. Also keeping good looking straps and neat straps makes the customer feel good about there product on your van. Shippers/Consignee do look at that stuff and it reflects on you and the company.