September Locations & Banter

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ok guys & gals it has come down to this have i still got it or not at 60 yrs is the Gauley river in hillbilly country wv going to be my down fall ,
you know this place really looks like a scene out of the movie delieverance just hope i do not hear duelling banjo,s knowing what happened in the movie ..lol but looking at the river flowing it sure is pretty as we set up the tents and pack the cooler with ice to keep the coke cool lol ok the shiners & the mexican beer i cannot spell it after a couple i will try to spell it ok but got wetsuit and the litttle rubber booties and either after our hot summer the water is figgin cool, & at 08.00 friday morning it will be sink or swim time for wombat & 7 others well at least in our
the girl in the office saids man it going to be wow river running good & tomorrow guys the dam is releasing more water am i crazy or not to be jumping in a figgin rubber raft with seven other crazy folks who is a lot younger than me all rave up for the grade 4 & 5 rapids over the next two days in the wv gorge ,
when i could be sitting in my truck pulling a load & chatting with otherts in the truckstop but i guess time will be the answer will it be the aussie battler or one gauley upper river but i will tell you this guys it sure is pretty down here in wv and the hottub at the camp ground but later guys .
swim OR sink
wombat

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Odd, it is really just the sprinters. I think all of the straights have moved in and out in relatively good time.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
ok guys & gals it has come down to this have i still got it or not at 60 yrs is the Gauley river in hillbilly country wv going to be my down fall ,
you know this place really looks like a scene out of the movie delieverance just hope i do not hear duelling banjo,s knowing what happened in the movie ..lol but looking at the river flowing it sure is pretty as we set up the tents and pack the cooler with ice to keep the coke cool lol ok the shiners & the mexican beer i cannot spell it after a couple i will try to spell it ok but got wetsuit and the litttle rubber booties and either after our hot summer the water is figgin cool, & at 08.00 friday morning it will be sink or swim time for wombat & 7 others well at least in our
the girl in the office saids man it going to be wow river running good & tomorrow guys the dam is releasing more water am i crazy or not to be jumping in a figgin rubber raft with seven other crazy folks who is a lot younger than me all rave up for the grade 4 & 5 rapids over the next two days in the wv gorge ,
when i could be sitting in my truck pulling a load & chatting with otherts in the truckstop but i guess time will be the answer will it be the aussie battler or one gauley upper river but i will tell you this guys it sure is pretty down here in wv and the hottub at the camp ground but later guys .
swim OR sink
wombat

I bought an insurance policy on the little guy.......

Work4free

Active Expediter
swim OR sink
wombat

Don't worry have fun.....if u don't make it, we will prop u up in your truck and leave you in the yard.........so u can take the last load to the promise land......lol...lol :cool:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
thank God....I was thinking he might need water wings!

And wombat is doing something I've always wanted too....but never had the guts!

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
thank God....I was thinking he might need water wings!

And wombat is doing something I've always wanted too....but never had the guts!

ok as promise it is dos equis x x x x nice beer & giving me courage to beat this river lol yep put me in my favorite spot ok as you drive in yard the first spot opposite the wash bay & i will always look out for yet another load 1 driver arriving home safety ..
would be a nice sign at the entrance welcome home as you enter off inkster road
but drinking time turning puter off & cell ye ha will post on sunday if gauley did not beat me by the way i will be wearing my load 1 t/shirt down the GAULEY that nothing is beyond this great company even a two day down the wv gorge

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Pete, have fun on your adventure. I did the rapids in NC about 10 years ago. It was exhausting but well worth it and a lot of fun. Remember , if the boat dumps you out like it did to me, keep your head above the water, and they will throw you a rope and tow you in.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

ok as promise it is dos equis x x x x nice beer & giving me courage to beat this river lol yep put me in my favorite spot ok as you drive in yard the first spot opposite the wash bay & i will always look out for yet another load 1 driver arriving home safety ..
would be a nice sign at the entrance welcome home as you enter off inkster road
but drinking time turning puter off & cell ye ha will post on sunday if gauley did not beat me by the way i will be wearing my load 1 t/shirt down the GAULEY that nothing is beyond this great company even a two day down the wv gorge

Make sure you get some pics of your adventure Pete!

Duh, did you really think we didn't get it Nick, lol.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Have had a few nibbles today, but nothing on the truck yet.

Well, there was the offer this morning to go 80 or 90 miles into IN and pickup a 150 mile load going over into OH. The money wasnt there to make it work.

Dispatcher: "so, you don't want to do anything either?"

Me: "huh?"

Must have been havin trouble gettin that one moved. I could have been talked into it, but not with that attitude.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
we got it, rite off the bat. if you move this far east over the weekend, hope not, we will be expecting a call.