September Locations & Banter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I spoke too soon. Loaded, headed toward the yard...at a very high rate of pay :) somebody needs a raise..lol

Someone we all know and love is headed that way too at a lower rate of pay...Maybe you could be a good Democrat and share the wealth....LOL....

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
Laredo is Dead, Dead, Dead. Nobody is or has been moving. Same vans here since I arrived. It's hard to say no to the miles coming here but might be rethinking future Laredo runs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Laredo is Dead, Dead, Dead. Nobody is or has been moving. Same vans here since I arrived. It's hard to say no to the miles coming here but might be rethinking future Laredo runs.

Ouch!.... so much for hoping for a nice long load..lol.

Hope you guys can get out of there!

Been napping in Warren...think I'll nap some more before they call me with Nogales round trip :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army

Border towns are very unpredictable markets to say the least. Laredo has been SLOW the last week.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I have heard its been dead down there. For what its worth i got a load out of mccallen in one day a couple weeks ago. Less freight there but far less competition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Cuuzzz

Seasoned Expediter
I have heard its been dead down there. For what its worth i got a load out of mccallen in one day a couple weeks ago. Less freight there but far less competition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

I asked Joe about me moving down there and he said not to go anywhere. Gotta make a move.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
They can only give advice based on what they are seeing for trucks positioned and load opportunities. Final call is always up to you, the owner operator.

Last edited:

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivered in the Akron Canton area, and now I'm 2nd out with 6 1/2 of driving time left. Hope dispatch get 2 loads out of this area.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
In service at home.. hoping to run a few days, got a commitment next Wed, then need to run hard thru Christmas. Got up yesterday and went to try to figure out why my front end started shaking... broken belt in my right front tire.. one broke in my left front a couple weeks back.. already had the spare on, hadn't had a chance to find a replacement. Figured.. eh, take a quick run tire shopping.. wrong... Took 5 places to find the correct size, and load rating in stock. Everyone can order it, but you'd think there's enough vans on the road that everyone would have them in stock.

Tire pressure was fine, no super heavy loads, etc.. my bud who runs a shop took one look at the tires, and said 'there's the problem'.. some brand I'd never heard of on this thing.. "Kenda"? He said they're not good for OTR.. recommends I replace them all ASAP.

Dale

guido4475

Not a Member
Had an awesome paying load from Mi to Wi yesterday....a lot of waiting at the shipper, a lot of phone calls, but, in the end, it was worth it....

Came though some pretty bad weather west of Belvidere last night, extremely windy...so windy, in fact, I had one of those flashing arrow signs mounted on a trailer in the construction zone as well as barrels blow out in front of me..Figured it was time to dive into a truck stop and call it a night...lol..All sunny and nice now..

guido4475

Not a Member
In service at home.. hoping to run a few days, got a commitment next Wed, then need to run hard thru Christmas. Got up yesterday and went to try to figure out why my front end started shaking... broken belt in my right front tire.. one broke in my left front a couple weeks back.. already had the spare on, hadn't had a chance to find a replacement. Figured.. eh, take a quick run tire shopping.. wrong... Took 5 places to find the correct size, and load rating in stock. Everyone can order it, but you'd think there's enough vans on the road that everyone would have them in stock.

Tire pressure was fine, no super heavy loads, etc.. my bud who runs a shop took one look at the tires, and said 'there's the problem'.. some brand I'd never heard of on this thing.. "Kenda"? He said they're not good for OTR.. recommends I replace them all ASAP.

Dale

I always prefer to stick with a good, reputable tire.Is the minimal savings really worth the lack of quality? I love my Firestone Transforce a/t's.Wearing real nice, and so good in the rain and snow.A good, strong tire.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We are going to see how second shift does and then determine if we should recommend dispersing. I can only imagine if we have 4 down there are others that have 30, lol.

I would always take the name brand tire, you get what you pay for. Our tire program has some pretty substantial savings for our owner operators. It is really a benefit of all the tractor and trailer tires that the company buys. It gives us some good volume on pricing. I think some of you guys have used it and compared?