September Locations & Banter

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
LOL...you didn't sit in Columbus Oh either when you were what? #3.....you were proactive and got out of Dodge......

Exactly what area would you consider better than central Ohio, the very heart of manufacturing? Surrounded by Cincinnati, Dayton, etc. The very core of business should be Ohio, MI, Indiana.

Would seem kind of dumb to me to run a couple hundred miles from here and sit.. spending money on food, etc, when I can be waiting at home.. in one of the busiest freight areas...

I've tried to be proactive.. I seem to be missing it..last 3 weeks sat in Shreveport, Little Rock, Memphis, Tulsa, Joplin.. everywhere I was advised by dispatch, and didn't get a drop. The only runs I've gotten have been out of here. To be fair, they've called with a couple nibbles, hook setting has been the problem.

Waiting on a call back now. Not huge, but some money in it.

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Exactly what area would you consider better than central Ohio, the very heart of manufacturing? Surrounded by Cincinnati, Dayton, etc. The very core of business should be Ohio, MI, Indiana.

Would seem kind of dumb to me to run a couple hundred miles from here and sit.. spending money on food, etc, when I can be waiting at home.. in one of the busiest freight areas...

I've tried to be proactive.. I seem to be missing it..last 3 weeks sat in Shreveport, Little Rock, Memphis, Tulsa, Joplin.. everywhere I was advised by dispatch, and didn't get a drop. The only runs I've gotten have been out of here. To be fair, they've called with a couple nibbles, hook setting has been the problem.

Waiting on a call back now. Not huge, but some money in it.

Dale

Going to start calling you Hard Luck Harold at this rate....LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
Frankie did real good last night and got me a nice paying, nice load from Wi to Columbus, oh, where I now sit. Thank You, marathon man!

Was #3 after unloading,any suggestions on where to move to? I'd really like to have another load to finish off the week, I am hoping.

Correct that.Just did a 19, and am now #1. Dispatch must really be kicking *** today. Shower time.

guido4475

Not a Member
If "thats twice" meant nothing, then why did i receive a PM 10 minutes after you made the original post with the same statement. It must of meant something or else you wouldn't be doing all this back pedalling and erasing when questioned about it.

Uh-Oh.Busted....lol..

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Update...just checked FV and discovered I was dispatched on one to IN at 3:30.....huh?

Oh well, playin catchup.

Me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, I ran out of hours in New Braunfels, TX, about 200 mile from Laredo. Don't know if I have a delivery appointment for tomorrow, if not I "might" get to deliver on Monday. It's a tad hot here with no AC... This will be the last time I come down here.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Shuffling off to buffalo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well, I ran out of hours in New Braunfels, TX, about 200 mile from Laredo. Don't know if I have a delivery appointment for tomorrow, if not I "might" get to deliver on Monday. It's a tad hot here with no AC... This will be the last time I come down here.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Need to get that AC up and running!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Sitting just out of Chattanooga. Turns out the rescue load last night was from another carrier. Also turns out that rescuing other carrier's loads apparently pays very, very well :D

Ive not run many miles this week (860 or so odometer...so far), but the pay has been unbelievable. I keep looking at the qc on a couple of those loads to be sure the pay hasnt been changed...lol.

Thanks Load One!

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
And grade 4 but tomorrow is graade5 and I guess a lot more water in Wombat I fell out 3 times and got pulled in twice third time I beat the raft thru the rapid called mother?? I am not saying it ok but Wombat was going faster than the raft back to my beer later guys

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
And grade 4 but tomorrow is graade5 and I guess a lot more water in Wombat I fell out 3 times and got pulled in twice third time I beat the raft thru the rapid called mother?? I am not saying it ok but Wombat was going faster than the raft back to my beer later guys

Sounds like you are having a great memorable time. Do you have a waterproof camera with you?

nottoold1961

Active Expediter

The secret is to tuck your feet under the seat in front of you. Have fun a be safe.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Starting to like Turtles way of two skids and a place to sleep, I'm really tired of craming every thing I have up front for 3 skids and normally a bunch of headaches :rolleyes: But truth be told, I lucked out on this load, the 3rd skid was small and was able to be stacked on another skid, so i do have some room to sleep :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Starting to like Turtles way of two skids and a place to sleep, I'm really tired of craming every thing I have up front for 3 skids and normally a bunch of headaches :rolleyes: But truth be told, I lucked out on this load, the 3rd skid was small and was able to be stacked on another skid, so i do have some room to sleep :)

The freight gods smiled upon you!