Scott Walker is done

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Rick Perry. But he dropped out so quickly I can see why you missed it. You blinked.

"Trump's a big ol' meanie" - Scott Walker (not a real quote)

At least according to his campaign, Walker's bland and boring Midwestern-ness was what was supposed to win him the election. He was the regular ol' Joe Regular Guy in a sea of candidates who didn't empathize with the average voter, especially in Iowa and New Hampshire. And he showed enough personality that the political establishment and, to a large degree, a good percentage of Republican voters (especially in Iowa) seemed to buy what Walker was selling. But that was all BT (Before Trump) when Walker really only had to deal with the always engaging and uber-riveting Jeb Bush. Once the Flippity-Flop Flim-Flam Man, the carnival barker and part-time snake-oil salesman entered the race, poor Walker didn't stand a chance.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Incidentally, it's going to come down to Trump, Carson and Fiorina. Everyone else will wash out. Why, you may ask? None of those three are politicians.

One of those will go head-to-head against Bernie Sanders. Sanders is the one who's still promising people free stuff, so he's a lock.

Reactions: aristotle and RLENT

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Despite the excitement at this point in the election cycle,I unfortunately think it will come down to a Bush v Clinton election. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't bet against the status quo. I don't have any good arguments for this happening, it's just a gut feeling.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Rick Perry. But he dropped out so quickly I can see why you missed it. You blinked.

"Trump's a big ol' meanie" - Scott Walker (not a real quote)

At least according to his campaign, Walker's bland and boring Midwestern-ness was what was supposed to win him the election. He was the regular ol' Joe Regular Guy in a sea of candidates who didn't empathize with the average voter, especially in Iowa and New Hampshire. And he showed enough personality that the political establishment and, to a large degree, a good percentage of Republican voters (especially in Iowa) seemed to buy what Walker was selling. But that was all BT (Before Trump) when Walker really only had to deal with the always engaging and uber-riveting Jeb Bush. Once the Flippity-Flop Flim-Flam Man, the carnival barker and part-time snake-oil salesman entered the race, poor Walker didn't stand a chance.

Was Rick Perry running? I wasn't counting him. :D

TDave

Expert Expediter
Despite the excitement at this point in the election cycle,I unfortunately think it will come down to a Bush v Clinton election. I hope I am wrong, but I wouldn't bet against the status quo. I don't have any good arguments for this happening, it's just a gut feeling.

Oh dear I hope not.....I was kinda hoping Ohio Governor John Kasisch would do better......

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The establishment at some point will eventually realize that Bush doesn't stand a chance at being the nominee. They will attempt to consolidate behind a Marco Rubio.
It eventually will be a showdown between Rubio v Trump or Fiorina.

If Rubio wins the nomination, his VP will be between Kasich (because they think it will help win Ohio) or Fiorina. If Fiorina wins, she'll pick Rubio or Kasich.
If Trump wins, he'll pick either Cruz or Carson. Possibly Rubio or Christie also.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If Trump wins, he'll pick either Cruz or Carson. Possibly Rubio or Christie also.
What about Jesse Ventura? Jesse would add some much needed blunt honesty and outrageousness to an otherwise bland candidate. Plus, he's willing to play second kazoo to the Donald.

THE DONALD AND THE BRAIN
GET ON THE TRAIN

Reactions: TDave and muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
trump456_zpskfdmkmgn.png

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Rand Paul should make an exit. He won't be missed. Plus, take Lindsey Graham, Pataki, Gilmore, Christie, Kasich and Jeb Bush with him.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've been so sure the repubs would come up with the right candidate to face Hillary ( or any Dem for that matter ). The best they can show me is these bunch of ....... Deserves them right.:banghead:

Reactions: RLENT

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I've been so sure the repubs would come up with the right candidate to face Hillary ( or any Dem for that matter ). The best they can show me is these bunch of ....... Deserves them right.:banghead:
Ragman, you're my go-to guy to understand sensible Democrats. The GOP has put forth a wide variety of candidates whose views cover the spectrum of Republican policy. This year's field of candidates represent everything from hardcore righties to centrists to liberal Republicans to RINO's. Many of them share little in common other than running under the GOP banner. Are we Republicans expected to nominate a Democrat?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ragman, you're my go-to guy to understand sensible Democrats. The GOP has put forth a wide variety of candidates whose views cover the spectrum of Republican policy. This year's field of candidates represent everything from hardcore righties to centrists to liberal Republicans to RINO's. Many of them share little in common other than running under the GOP banner. Are we Republicans expected to nominate a Democrat?
The problem as I see it is, they don't seem to excite any Republicans themselves. If they can't do this, how can they expect to win?

Reactions: TDave