Say Hi to July

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Money withheld from your pay to cover unexpected claims [such as damaged freight] that arise after you've received your final pay and moved on from a carrier.
It's generally taken in installments the first weeks, and returned around 45 days after you leave.

Hmmm I left one of the carriers a month ago. I put up 12k loaded miles for them.

I didn't see any withholds on the checks.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Murray, it's not that hard when you figure the guys switching have 2-3 pay checks still coming. Plus their escrow accounts should be paid back to the drivers.

Ok. That's a life I've never experienced, personally. It's still a huge leap of faith. We get that.
No one PLANS on waiting that long. HeII, your oldest load is getting HAIRY!!
It seems Natxxxx Expxxxx hasn't changed at all, in how they pay, in the last 10 years. I had to go after their bond about 8-10 years ago to get paid. It may be time to make that move again.
Sad as that is.
But you're covered. We'd eat the bad debt load. Not you. But I think they have exhausted ALL of our patience. She's "requesting" the check today. BS.
I bet their power bill gets paid on time.
LOL!!

Last edited:

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Im in the middle of nowhere,oregon 2vans 1 sprinter thinking of dh to Minnesota tomorrow maybe ill get something on the way been sitting since Saturday refuse to sit anywhere longer than 5 days if at all possible

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

MLTransCorp

Rookie Expediter
Don't know what you are driving, but just before Grand Island there is a town with very large train Depot. We have gotten loads out of there (Something platte, might be north, home of Buffalo Bill, . Stop and see the hand carved miniature wild west show. Took over 12 years for the person to carve and paint it.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Murray, it's not that hard when you figure the guys switching have 2-3 pay checks still coming. Plus their escrow accounts should be paid back to the drivers.

I got lucky and had one of my loads paid already.

You can't count on it but there are some companies out there that pay the bills quickly.

About 10 days after I delivered it.

That takes some of the sting out of 6 weeks wait.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Pretty soon you're going to have as many EO members driving for you as Load 1 does.

Trust me Paul, if we could carry the SLOW broker pay, we already would!!
We don't steal drivers, tho.
For the record, I don't really recruit.
The drivers we have that care to discuss their cons and pros with Crossroads seem to sell us themselves.
We'd pay recruiting bonuses to them but then I'd have to keep another 1% of what they made to pay for them. Not happening! Maybe a box of addressed & stamped envelopes for BOLs!! ;)

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I got lucky and had one of my loads paid already.

You can't count on it but there are some companies out there that pay the bills quickly.

About 10 days after I delivered it.

That takes some of the sting out of 6 weeks wait.

True story, Bob!!
That was Straight Shot Express.
It seems that when we really get them out of a jamb they seem to pay even faster. There's a small percentage of brokers that do that.
That really helps!!
Thank you Straight Shot Express!!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Don't know what you are driving, but just before Grand Island there is a town with very large train Depot. We have gotten loads out of there (Something platte, might be north, home of Buffalo Bill, . Stop and see the hand carved miniature wild west show. Took over 12 years for the person to carve and paint it.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I bid on a NE tonight but I'm sure they laughed at the rate. Doesn't hurt to try. Would have certainly paid to drive the heck back out if there. No go. Not even a response. LOL!!

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter

Sent from my SCH-I545

Ill probably stop there and see if I cant get a load got one out of there last week to cali. Real close to my home away from home in south dakota as well

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Trust me Paul, if we could carry the SLOW broker pay, we already would!!

Factoring is usually pretty expensive. The trucking company I was with used factoring and they were able to bring the rate down to 2.5% which is the same as 30% interest over a year. They were paying a 5% fee or 60% per annum until we started doing almost $2 million with the factoring company.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Next load on board. North Detroit to Charlotte NC. Gonna need some rest after this.