Say Hi to July

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Wow, half an hour in July on the east coast and nobody started a thread on it? Everybody must be busy. That explains why I am sitting.

Oh, Atlanta.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Wow, half an hour in July on the east coast and nobody started a thread on it? Everybody must be busy. That explains why I am sitting.

Oh, Atlanta.
You have to be in Atlanta to start a July locations thread.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
In Richmond VA looks like it is going to be a hot day. Glad that I cleaned the AC condensor, which dropped the vents temperature by 8 degrees.

I hope that this will be a good month for everybody.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
unless there is some disaster in the auto industry...I can't see shippers messing up any more in July then June....slower production lines require less parts, suppliers catch up on their inventories, going to be another month of Location, location, location....be prepared to chase a little bit....
July SHOULD BE SLOWER ....:(

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in SoCal waiting for a load.. Had one offer last week that didn't pan out... This years has been up and down for van freight at LS....

Also went by T/A ad Petro in Ontario and seen a bunch of independents their, so freight might be slow all week or rates will be to low to take.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting for the phone to ring, did have a load offer last night that was a loser. Got dinged for a turn down, we should be able to ding dispatch for offering insult loads.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting in SoCal waiting for a load.. Had one offer last week that didn't pan out... This years has been up and down for van freight at LS....

Also went by T/A ad Petro in Ontario and seen a bunch of independents their, so freight might be slow all week or rates will be to low to take.

I was thinking about heading that way to go home with a load. But looking at the board, there are still about 50 Sprinters and Vans during the past 2 days....sitting. Will probably take a flight home instead.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
waiting for the Sun to dry up the yard so i can mow in Iowa , water flooding all around Iowa , roads closed , but I've managed to attend my Wife and I's nieces wedding , a couple honey do s , and been grilling aleast once a day.. NOT missing being out on the road and scratching my head while waiting for A load call during the shut down...Home Time is Underated ...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At a truck stop in Nichols, NY. Pick up near here tomorrow, in PA, heading for NY. Then tomorrow evening from NJ to OH.