Say Hi to July

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Talk about thieves, you must be referring to Illinois tollway....
I'm told, Michigan has one of the highest gas taxes in the country, which explains the higher gas prices. If that's the case, why do our roads SUCK!!!! :mad:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
No. I'm off the road now. We have 4 rolling and looking to add another 3-4 or so. That equals a lot of quoting, bidding, updating, calling, invoicing, etc.
The van had plenty of life left in it but selling it saves about $300 a month in insurance. And we have another van here for our few courier customers.

I'll sign right up, I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. :D

That's the way to grow, sometimes people get in too much of a hurry and tank their business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still here, I had a load offer this morning but was put it on the wrong truck. Sad sad time

Hope u get something soon!
I got home at 4am last night, slept most of the day. Thanks to the 25mpg in my promaster, dead heading didn't really hurt my pockets. Cost me 80$ in gas from Memphis to Chicago.
I hope Minneapolis will score me a load tomorrow, to make up for Dh.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm told, Michigan has one of the highest gas taxes in the country, which explains the higher gas prices. If that's the case, why do our roads SUCK!!!! :mad:
They suck because like many other states some of the monies from gas taxes go into the general fund and are then funneled into social programs, bike trails, mass transit and research into potato fungus.

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Imagine if the money they collected from taxes on fuel was used where it was supposed to be used, MI and NY for that matter would have gold paved roads.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I'll sign right up, I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. :D

That's the way to grow, sometimes people get in too much of a hurry and tank their business.

I'll be the first to admit I got "bit" by the expediting bug 2 years ago and the revenues generated by running over the road. Me running OTR was never in the plan. But all it took was that first "shorty" and I was feverish. Then another. Then a decent rodeo. Then several good rodeos. Then a $5500, 9 day rodeo to that included a double to Tuscon & Nogales, with both broker's blessings. And a back haul the following days all the way up to MI.
But now that party is over.
Time for the next chapter.
3 or 4 more quality O/Os in vans or Sprinter-type vans and we'll be golden.
That 7-8-9 driver level will still allow our home-based operation to keep costs & bid margins low & competitive. While having both our attention to postings, running miles, bidding, contracting, dispatching, updating, invoicing, collecting, etc.
It's a job, but one that I've done for about 12 years and Sally for about 4 years.
We welcome the challenge with confidence!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Murray ...a drivers lounge with You cooking Barbeque would be a nice touch.... :D

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020W using EO Forums mobile app

Well drivers appreciation week is coming.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paul, if you're ready, let's chat.

I am giving it serious consideration. I thought this brokerage thing would be more office type work but it would be really easy to run out on the road. It's a little complicated to explain but my wife is running things on her own right now and I won't really be needed for awhile.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well slept the whole day sitting at IdleAir at the Flying J El Paso .... Turned a Phoenix to Indy down earlier as I was sleepy ...

Sent from my flying circus

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well slept the whole day sitting at IdleAir at the Flying J El Paso .... Turned a Phoenix to Indy down earlier as I was sleepy ...

You can do idleair with a van???? The whole time I was convinced it's only for tractor trailers and straight trucks..

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can do idleair with a van???? The whole time I was convinced it's only for tractor trailers and straight trucks..

Absolutely!!! You pay to have the adapter made when the booth is staffed a whooping $5 and Voila heat/air/cable and net all fed in the passenger window even gives you 2 electrical circuits inside the van and one outside for plugging in!

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some complain of initial smell but I kick it on with the door open so it blows the stale air out of the system !

GrassHopperr

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is great!! Cant wait to try it out! I know they don't have it everywhere...

No more idling the vehicle all night/day with air/heat, and using nearly 3/4 of a tank..when possible of course.