Same Sex Marriage coming your way

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Um I have a pass from the Goddess...she says I can skip judgement day and no lightening for me! WooHoo! :p

)0( Nasmaste )0(

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Let them marry. Why would I care? They have a right to be as miserable as us heterosexuals! Just saying ...

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I hope the new Transit is released before all this happens.

May not be time. God works in strange ways :p
.Major proplems with glass. With 30 different pieces of glass being used for all models, folks in Grand Rapids are working 24/7 and all weekend to get the gauges/jigs right. Was told they have until Monday morning or risk missing deadline and losing the work.
A guy on the docks last night told me only 2 pieces of glass are correct so far.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Turtle,
One doesn't have to be orthodox in beliefs to be right in interpretation. The bible is written down after all, anybody may read and study it though few do. Isaac Newtons book is valuable for its scholarship.

Its not 2060 yet, I'm not sure about the date but the way he calculated it was at least interesting.

Also reading a wikipedia entry about somebodys book is not the same thing as having read it.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a Christian with many faults, human faults and especialy spiritual faults Im going to pizz somone off especialy the over zealot hipocrates. The realists will most likely agree with me.

Now as we look into the New Testement we find that we are saved by grace not by works. Jesus gave up his life to make salvation easier but it is still a choice. In fact Jesus said not everyone will go to Heaven.

Actualy sit down and read the bible and discuss it with a pastor. As far as the revelation, It says clearly no man will know the time, and it must take place. Furthermore the revelation is not the punnishment but the tempering of our faith in god.

Will I be in Heaven or Hell? I dont know, I dont fit in to the hipoocrates smoking, drinking, and rock and roll music. Iknow whi my savior is I share the message with those who want it and the worse thing any Christian can do is be a BIBLE THUMPING HYPOCRATE!!!...

As far as the end of the world or revelation, the myans got it wrong too.

Bob Wolf

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
B.T.W.
The Supreme Court said that they are allowing the states to decide if they as a state want to allow Gay and Lesbian marrage. So, religiously and legaly nothing has changed and if you actualy look at the real data the Supreme Court said federaly they wont dictate to the people what marrage is therefore they made a good call.

Bob Wolf

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle,
One doesn't have to be orthodox in beliefs to be right in interpretation. The bible is written down after all, anybody may read and study it though few do. Isaac Newtons book is valuable for its scholarship.
I agree completely.

Its not 2060 yet, I'm not sure about the date but the way he calculated it was at least interesting.
Of course, he wasn't implying that the world would end in 2060, just that it wasn't likely to end any sooner than that. "It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner," he wrote. Frankly, I think he came up with that date just to shut everybody up.

Also reading a wikipedia entry about somebodys book is not the same thing as having read it.
That's very true. Not what I did, tho. I have several books on and by Newton. One of them is the "Unpublished Scientific Papers of Isaac Newton" which is a large selection of the "Portsmouth Collection." When Newton died all of his manuscripts passed to his niece Catherine and her husband (John Conduit). They held on to the papers and they were passed down to their daughter, also named Catherine, and her husband, a guy named John Wallop. John Wallop became Viscount Lymington when his father became the First Earl of Portsmouth. It was the Fifth Earl of Portsmouth who ended up with the manuscripts of Newton, and it was he who gave the manuscripts to the University of Cambridge where they cataloged all of them.

Cambridge later returned all but the scientific papers, mainly Newton's correspondence, the papers on alchemy, theology, chronology and history. The manuscripts that Cambridge held on to have been published several times in many forms, and are also now available in digital form. I have 4 books that comprise the entirety of the works. About 10 years ago Cambridge acquired a large collection of scientific papers of the Earl of Macclesfield, a collection of significant mathematical and scientific papers of the 18th century, including a substantial number of Isaac Newton's unpublished papers. Those papers haven't been published in book form yet (as far as I know), but almost all of them are available for online viewing.

But the Newton papers that were returned to the Portsmouth family were eventually sold at a Sotheby's in London in the 1930s. They have all since been published, and I have 5 books which comprise the total of those papers. Most of the papers, including correspondence, are pretty interesting on their own (the papers on alchemy, for example, where he extensively references American alchemist George Starkey, show how and why he was able to discover that white light consists of all the colors of the rainbow, and how and why he was able to use and advance optics to break light down and reconstitute it), but when you look at everything in total, it's utterly fascinating, because as hard as he successfully tried to keep the alchemy and theology part of his life quiet, they and everything else he wrote are deeply interconnected. He often referenced alchemy in his theological writings, and theology in his alchemy papers, and it's best if you read both sets in order to kind of get into the mind of Newton and understand what he's talking about.

It was an odd mind, to be sure. He rarely socialized or traveled, didn't participate in sports or recreation, or play any musical instruments, thought poetry was "ingenious nonsense," and refused to waste any time on anything, including sex (a virgin to the day he died), other than his scientific and intellectual pursuits.

Newton also write in very plain language in most of his writings, but in the alchemy writings he employed the usual alchemist's style of riddling allegory in the attempt both to reveal the meaning of the text to clever readers, and to hide it from those whom they considered unworthy. Fortunately, Robert Boyle's "A Key to Antimony" provides the solutions to Newton's, Starkey's and other's alchemaic riddling styles.

There are a whole host of topics of which I withhold comments, because I don't know it or don't understand enough about it. The things that I do comment on, however, is because I do.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Um I have a pass from the Goddess...she says I can skip judgement day and no lightening for me! WooHoo! :p

04-27-11starbucks_mermaid011.jpg

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Not to be nit picky, but I am not aware of the bible addressing drug use? Doesn't say much on abortion either now that I think about it.

1 Corith 6

[19] What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

[20] For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Sound harsh? Not really, since this can be applied to anything from fatty foods to heroin. To add a little twist, God placed all manner of herbs, plants, and various medicinal substances here for us to partake in. Heck, the American Indian knew more about these than we presently do. Had to keep them hush hush because they're cutting onto the pharmaceutical profits....dontcha know.

Abortion? How about....."Though shall not murder" :D

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
OK I have to ask what was the great depression for?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Simple transfer of wealth. Expanded the money supply during the roaring twenties, constricted it for the depression. Those who are responsible knew exactly how to do it, and became very rich off this scheme....as they do now. Money did not disappear.....it just transferred. Easy pickens.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
As a Christian with many faults, human faults and especialy spiritual faults Im going to pizz somone off especialy the over zealot hipocrates. The realists will most likely agree with me.

Now as we look into the New Testement we find that we are saved by grace not by works. Jesus gave up his life to make salvation easier but it is still a choice. In fact Jesus said not everyone will go to Heaven.

Actualy sit down and read the bible and discuss it with a pastor. As far as the revelation, It says clearly no man will know the time, and it must take place. Furthermore the revelation is not the punnishment but the tempering of our faith in god.

Will I be in Heaven or Hell? I dont know, I dont fit in to the hipoocrates smoking, drinking, and rock and roll music. Iknow whi my savior is I share the message with those who want it and the worse thing any Christian can do is be a BIBLE THUMPING HYPOCRATE!!!...

As far as the end of the world or revelation, the myans got it wrong too.

Bob Wolf

Some good points Bob, but would have to ask/clarify a couple of things? :)

Without going completely Calvinist here, would like to offer these verses for your pondering:

John 6

[44] No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 14

[6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

It's not really a choice we make, as offered in these verses. Salvation is nothing we do, as this would denote man saving himself. In total agreement with saved by grace, but this could only come of grace....not works?

And I do have a micro brew on occasion, and wing it up with a good Red once in a while. This is not forbidden, but rather being drunk on wine is. Like many drugs and abuse of alcohol, it opens the door to a spirit we do not wish to battle under these conditions.

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
1Cor.2

[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Don't reckon one has to explain who fits this description? I've heard some doozies in my life, but to read a persons nonsensical versions of Biblical history, worn out platitudes, and overall ignorance of biblical terms and definition.....validates my reason for being here; entertainment, and the occasional good hearted laugh. You just can't make this stuff up.....:cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I find the fact That Americans...taught the value of individual freedoms and spirit of free thinking...are so interested in telling a few HOW to live their lives....
Gay/samesex marriage neither impedes YOUR life or living...it does not damage YOUR life....why do you care so much if YOU think they'll not go to heaven....is that your concern

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I find the fact That Americans...taught the value of individual freedoms and spirit of free thinking...are so interested in telling a few HOW to live their lives....
Gay/samesex marriage neither impedes YOUR life or living...it does not damage YOUR life....why do you care so much if YOU think they'll not go to heaven....is that your concern

Your right VanMan. We are not to be alarmed, concerned, or emit dismay over worldly affairs. However, have you noticed how people are trying to legislate morality? It can't be done, and does it not seem curious to you how that very legislation keeps turning up anti-Christian?

Put another way....how would you go about it? (just curious) What is the limit and who makes the call? Is there anything out there the Christian should just keep they're big mouths shut about? Are there no lines to be drawn, and where would you draw them?

So, while I'm in partial agreement with you, it also begs the subsequent question?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Your right VanMan. We are not to be alarmed, concerned, or emit dismay over worldly affairs. However, have you noticed how people are trying to legislate morality? It can't be done, and does it not seem curious to you how that very legislation keeps turning up anti-Christian?

Put another way....how would you go about it? (just curious) What is the limit and who makes the call? Is there anything out there the Christian should just keep they're big mouths shut about? Are there no lines to be drawn, and where would you draw them?

So, while I'm in partial agreement with you, it also begs the subsequent question?

What legislation deletes any right you have right now?...that gives them more right then you?
keep the target defined....don't go off about no praying in school and OTHER issues...we are talking gay here...

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
What legislation deletes any right you have right now?...that gives them more right then you?
keep the target defined....don't go off about no praying in school and OTHER issues...we are talking gay here...

I never made the claim of losing any rights. I'm asking if you feel there is a moral code within the human race, or no? If yes, who defines it, or how would you pass it off?

If there's no moral code, and worse, no one to define it......then it's animal kingdom and off to the races?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never made the claim of losing any rights. I'm asking if you feel there is a moral code within the human race, or no? If yes, who defines it, or how would you pass it off?

If there's no moral code, and worse, no one to define it......then it's animal kingdom and off to the races?

It is not up to me or you to judge or define...God will make that judgement when it is time...

Your moral code is within YOU....you stay out of my moral code...

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
It is not up to me or you to judge or define...God will make that judgement when it is time...

Your moral code is within YOU....you stay out of my moral code...

God has already defined that judgement, and is my moral code. It's not within me, in so much as it's been placed there.

And you can kindly stay out of mine.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
God has already defined that judgement, and is my moral code. It's not within me, in so much as it's been placed there.

And you can kindly stay out of mine.

Bingo..that is it right there....if we BOTH stay out of the gays moral code...we wouldn't be having this discussion...

I find it amazing how WE catagorize Gods work....
a child dies in the womb...tragic...it is Gods will....
a child is run over by a car again it is Gods Will.....it is God's Plan....
a Gay is born....oh crap...work of the Devil...

Remember the days when a black man couldn't pray in a white church?...All blacks were evil.....
must have been a white God...eh?
Born black?.....tsk tsk....Gods punishment...or work of the Devil.....My how we've progressed.
IF gays are wired wrong...that means God made a mistake?...and that is unacceptable....that is why you are so adament that they chose to be that way...a chose makes it their fault.