Running up to Lodi Metals . . .

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I have one of those bars. It's pneumatic I think. You position it and then work a handle that slowly pumps it out. When you deliver you press a button that lets the pressure off. I'd use it use it at the back side to keep freight from tipping backward. It didn't have to take nearly as high loads that way, usually none at all.

Yeah...that makes sense, using it that way. Somewhere in another thread about a year ago Turtle or someone was saying they're good load bars but not so good for Sprinter walls, as they are easily pushed out and deformed. Place the ends onto load spreading ribs or existing e-track would lessen that, I would think.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Nice haul from Lodi, 21c!! I love those little e-track strap ends and the ones you can attach to the end of a 2x6!! Very handy. I need to add e-track in my CV. Very versatile!!

C'mon down to the shop brother, I have two brand new 8' pieces of e-track I'll sell for what I paid, and will have two slightly used pieces of 8' when I replace them with the new 10' (if I decide to only put 2' pieces on the wall fore and aft). Those'll go cheaper. I'll help you install them at no extra charge.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes, What Leo said. They don't take the place of heavy load bars, but are a good addition to the mix, being lighter and thinner. And more flexible, because they can be angled, or even placed top to bottom. The colors may seem frivolous, but I hit all my load bars with a dash of blue spray, so I know which ones are mine. Oh - and I dab all locks & keys with a bit of colored nail polish, so I know which go together, too. ;)

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
You all are in bigger vehicles though, right? I'm in a Mini Cooper...so not a lot of extra room for multiple bars. Hard enough having room when driving team with my girlfriend, seen here posing with my exp-o-dite vehicle:

1353_Austin-Mini-Cooper_1.jpg

I did the same color deal with my tools, for years, back when playing carpenter and home-builder.

She likes your nail polish tip for locks and keys. I see bright colors in my future. . .

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I used that bar I usually either put it at the floor to prevent rolling/shifting or about 60% up pressing against the etrack on the walls. At the floor there's no danger of wall damage and against the etrack the load is spread enough to not damage the walls. I also didn't tighten it very much since it was only working against acceleration not braking.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
When I used that bar I usually either put it at the floor to prevent rolling/shifting or about 60% up pressing against the etrack on the walls. At the floor there's no danger of wall damage and against the etrack the load is spread enough to not damage the walls. I also didn't tighten it very much since it was only working against acceleration not braking.

Exactly, Leo, that's what I meant above; something to spread out the pressure instead of it being concentrated in one spot.

Thanks again for the tip on Lodi Metals. Wonderful products and service.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Hey this thread helped me out today. I had a 2800 lb Hobart mixer in my straight truck and it had slid a little and was perched at the edge of the pallet it was sitting on. The shipper should have bolted it down (and I should have insisted on it!!!!).

Anyway I was wishing I had a bar that would clip into my etrack and prevent ugly things from happening. I called Lodi Metals and they fixed me up with a heavy duty load bar and 4 ratchet straps - all for $90.

Thanks O/P!

Edit: Just so no one accuses me of being totally insane :), I did have 3 straps holding the mixer, but they didn't work nearly as well as the loadbar. I don't think the mixer moved at all from L/M to Erie PA where I made my delivery. E-track loadbars rock.

Last edited:

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Hey man, glad it helped. Lodi is great, and on short notice is amazing.

Last edited: