Ron Paul Newsletter

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
And back to "Baghdad Bob" we go:

"Bachmann said that from her bus tour through the state – she will have visited all 99 counties by the end of today -- she senses that “hundreds of thousands” of people are flipping their support from Paul to her."

“What we have seen is an outpouring of momentum . . . unlike anything we have ever seen,” she said.

:eek:

I can't express how sobering the thought is, that no matter how remote, there was a possibility that this lady could have actually gotten to the position where she would have access to the nuclear button.

Hopefully, the highlights of her performances during this campaign will remain fodder for comedy crowd for years to come, rendering her harmless, consigned to the political graveyard forever more.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think the name calling and exagerated attacks on Bachmann are scurrilous and a bit.....

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I can't say I have ever looked at her as Presidential. I guess I can say pretty much the same for Obama. But she did win the IA straw poll so some did find an appeal for some of her positions. Just don't think she has the experience or the working knowledge required for the office. Wait a minute...we have that now. Probably would be a better choice than we currently have in there.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes unfortunately. Doesn't much matter now.
Actually, I'll take the contrarian view - against the political candidate I support - it does indeed matter.

If she truly has credible evidence (like a recording of this guy telling her that he was offered money by ..... whoever .....) she should come out with it. It's a matter of doing what is in the interest of the American people.

I would of course be extremely disappointed that anyone associated with Dr. Paul (no matter how remotely) would do anything so stupid - something that has the potential to hurt someone they claim to support, and to be acting in the interest of.

Something like that may or may not do irreparable damage Dr. Paul (depending on who did what, on behalf of whom, and with who's knowledge) .... nevertheless, it would certainly not help.

BTW, I would not consider a iPhone showing a call at a certain time, or a long parade of self-interested supporters "confirming" it, to be "credible evidence" of what she is alleging ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You're right about Bachmann. She's a bit creepy.
It's sad - she is clearly not un-intelligent, and she is certainly articulate and a good debater. The willingness to use gratuitous fear-mongering for political power and self-interest, speak to her motivations however.

I bet she'll demand a recount having 3% of the vote.
Considering that the Iowa GOP has stated that they are planning to tabulate the vote count in an "undisclosed location", she may not be the only one calling for a recount :mad:

This kinda crap is being perpetrated by the parties .... against the best interests of the American people.

It should be an issue which transcends party loyalty for every American .... because it is not in the interests of the nation as a whole. Complete and total corruption of the electoral process is not anywhere we, as a nation, want to go.

(I well remember editing footage of the "Halloween Massacre" in the aftermath of the 1992 "elections" in Angola .... wholesale murder and butchery in the streets, with people being pulled out their cars and shot and hacked to death .... resulting in somewhere between 10,000 to 40,000 deaths .....)

It convinces me that there either needs to be more viable 3rd parties to break the lock of the 2 parties on the system ..... or the idea of "parties" just needs to go away altogether :mad:

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, I'll take the contrarian view - against the political candidate I support - it does indeed matter.

If she truly has credible evidence (like a recording of this guy telling her that he was offered money by ..... whoever .....) she should come out with it. It's a matter of doing what is in the interest of the American people.

I would of course be extremely disappointed that anyone associated with Dr. Paul (no matter how remotely) would do anything so stupid - something that has the potential to hurt someone they claim to support, and to be acting in the interest of.

Something like that may or may not do irreparable damage Dr. Paul (depending on who did what, on behalf of whom, and with who's knowledge) .... nevertheless, it would certainly not help.

BTW, I would not consider a iPhone showing a call at a certain time, or a long parade of self-interested supporters "confirming" it, to be "credible evidence" of what she is alleging ...

As I said before It doesn't really matter. What is done is done now, She has said the conversation was between herself and Sorenson only. To have to be hooked up to a wire Linda Tripp style or secretly camcord the conversation on her phone as credible evidence is kind of unrealistic. She does have corraboration from HIS OWN campaign manager that he was offered money. It is pretty much a non story though, at this point.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Truth and honesty always matter.

No - what she has is "corroboration" from his FORMER campaign manager - who is now working for Bachmann.

Yes I know truth and honesty always matter. Not
my point. It doesn't matter much in the context most people aren't going to be swayed to vote either way because of this episode. If your concerned about the truth well Bachmann spoke out and said he was offered a large amount of money. Sorensen says he wasn't offer money. But if we're going to examine the truth. Why would you believe someone who would give their word and demonstrate loyalty by working for Bachmann's campaign and then bolt for the opposition when she might need you most. How much honesty,integrity,and loyalty does that show? Not much in my book. But since we are concerned about honesty. Why would the Paul campaign hire someone that would do that? Hmmmmm?:D Don't they want to have quality people on their staff and not another "Dondero"? :rolleyes:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes I know truth and honesty always matter. Not my point. It doesn't matter much in the context most people aren't going to be swayed to vote either way because of this episode.
Fair enough, I suppose.

If your concerned about the truth well Bachmann spoke out and said he was offered a large amount of money. Sorensen says he wasn't offer money.
As I've stated before - Bachmann has repeated credibility problems of her own making (to the point of the hysteria) If those did not exist, I might be inclined to be more concerned by what she says.

I know nothing much about Sorenson other than what he has said - none of which (AFAIK) has been disparaging to Ms. Bachmann. Actually, he looks pretty classy to me in comparison.

But if we're going to examine the truth. Why would you believe someone who would give their word and demonstrate loyalty by working for Bachmann's campaign and then bolt for the opposition when she might need you most. How much honesty, integrity, and loyalty does that show? Not much in my book.
Loyalty is admirable quality - and should be highly respected and admired. When considering it, one has to consider being to true to ones own self - and doing what one feels is right.

However, loyal is also something that should never be blind.

This is something that I have tried to impressed on both my (adult) sons (who, of course, I love very much) as they grew up and became men - by letting them know that were they to screw up significantly enough, I would be at the head of the line - to place the noose around their necks and pull them into the air. And I'm perfectly willing to have them treat me in a similar manner :cool:

But since we are concerned about honesty. Why would the Paul campaign hire someone that would do that? Hmmmmm?
I don't know that they have hired him as paid staff.

Do you ?

I haven't seen any coverage of that :confused:

Don't they want to have quality people on their staff and not another "Dondero"?
Is the only conversation that can be put forward in terms of these two individuals (Dondero and Sorenson) is how they are the same ? :confused:

"Conflation occurs when the identities of two or more individuals, concepts, or places, sharing some characteristics of one another, become confused until there seems to be only a single identitythe differences appear to become lost.

In logic, the practice of treating two distinct concepts as if they were one does often produce error or misunderstanding, as a fusion of distinct subjects tends to obscure analysis of relationships which are emphasized by contrasts"

Is there no differentiation possible .... they are identical ?

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Good to see that investigative journalism is still being practiced in these here United States, and in the heartland.

Ben Swann may well have a future in investigative journalism - I suspect that we'd all be better off for it.

It will be interesting to see if he does a follow up on this, if they continue digging on it and uncover more:

Reality Check: The story behind the Ron Paul newsletters