Ripoff parking at MATS

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
This year at MATS, ONLY motor homes will be allowed to park in Lot L. This is the concrete lot. Be prepared to park in the dirt and pay $25.00 a night, even for tonight, when nothing is going on. Wednesday nights have always been free. Oh and by the way it's raining now and rain is forcasted for Thurs and Friday so the dirt lot will be mud by weeks end.

If you care to voice your opinion you can do so by calling The Kentucky Exposition Center st 502-367-5384.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Life's a beach (sp). I'ts the golden rule ya know. I might pay $25 for an ocean front spot, but they can take the gravel and stick it. Anyway, have fun during your March madness.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Personally I think MATS is a waste of time...just a bunch of roosters with thier feathers ruffed up....The Expo is much better suited for us.....and parking is free....pffffft on MATS

If I take time off I'd rather go fishin.....

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Fishing must be a lot of fun in South Dakota in March. Bet you never feel that Artic Clipper wind. LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fishing must be a lot of fun in South Dakota in March. Bet you never feel that Artic Clipper wind. LOL

You gotta be kiddin me??? Right? March, South Dakota and fishin doesn't work....too darned cold. There is nothing south about South Dakota!!

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
This Reason right here is why I never go to MATS anymore. Had a BETTER time at the Expedite Expo to be honest. I hope to be at the Expo this year because its better than MATS in my book and you dont have to pay $25.00 a night to park there.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When they built the Astrodome they tagged parking at $1 per car. They'd charge that fee until the full amount of the cost of the parking lot was recovered and then parking would be free. Well, you can guess what happened to that when the politicians figured out there was money to be had. They're holding the NCAA games there now and for this event parking is $20. Lousy thieves.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We were lucky this year we arrived early enough to park in the RV parking but we will not plan on being able to do that again. We also talked to Drivers who had parked at Papa Johns parking lots who woke up to a marathon that started in the parking lots and many trucks and trailer were blocked in until the run was over. Going to get harder and harder to take a truck to a truck show.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thought you had a headache and getting a massage from bora? You stole my response!!:)

Well the best way to treat a headache is to focus not on the intense stabbing pain but to posting quickly or write stupid things. this was the former. Beside we won't talk about that other things, my wife finds out, it won't be the cat who busted up this monitor. ;)