Republicans who think that "Most" Americans don't want taxes raised.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Congress\the Government will continue to spend forever.

It's not there money!

As long as nothing comes out of their pockets, there is no reason to stop spending.

It is 100% OUR fault this is going on. WE allow them to get away with it. WE continue to reelect them. When our economy and freedoms are finally taken from us we will have no one to blame but ourselves. The sad part is that many many people won't care. They don't now. They blindly accept regulation of their lives and curtailment of their Rights under our Constitution.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Calling Dave Ramsey, are u out there Dave? All I'm seeing on TV is talking heads. Its an embarrassment that we elected all these clowns IMHO in the House and Senate. No one really knows what to do and guessing is not an option.

So, we have many accounting firms/CPAs and none to my knowledge have been called in to the White House for opinions on help on our debt. I think this mess is really over male egos .

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I already know I will NOT be voting democratic in this election. Obuma has NOT shown leadership in this debt debate. Going on TV and asking Americans to call their Senators is GENERIC (I already did). I would just hate to see Bachman or Romney as the nominee for president. I'd really like to see Rick Perry get into this but right now it seems as though Ron Paul is the only one not afraid to voice his opinion...and not to mention I agree with a fair tax. The only other problem that we have is voting some of those Democratic IDIOTS out of the Senate so we can finally have some civility in politics.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As long as we fall into the trap of choosing sides and blaming it all on the other side, the guilty parties on both sides continue to sow discord and reap the benefits of our inattention.
As for the candidates: as long as it takes a brazillion dollars to run, there can be no candidate whose priorities are "we, the people", so just pick one, it doesn't really matter much. Whatever outrage he commits will be balanced by the next one....:mad:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As long as we fall into the trap of choosing sides and blaming it all on the other side, the guilty parties on both sides continue to sow discord and reap the benefits of our inattention.
As for the candidates: as long as it takes a brazillion dollars to run, there can be no candidate whose priorities are "we, the people", so just pick one, it doesn't really matter much. Whatever outrage he commits will be balanced by the next one....:mad:

I actually agree with everything you said, up until the last sentence. No one balanced Wilson, FDR, and LBJ. And it's likely that no one can erase the damage Obama AND Bush have done. There... I threw Bush in there just for you. ;) But seeing as Bush allowed this mess to start, he's right there in the blame column with Obama.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hawk: you're right: balanced was the wrong word. Maybe 'furthered' is better?
Whoever said it's like a pendulum was correct: it goes too far to one side, then the other, when what we need is more centrist.
All the division between L/R, D/R doesn't do anything but make it worse.
And the obscene amount of money it takes to even run for office guarantees candidates who are indebted to whomever supplied the money.
Whoever wins, we, the people lose.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Okay, so I am watching CNN and I see Republicans who say that most Americans don't want to see their taxes raised. However, there is a poll where 66% of Americans support a budget deal with a mix of tax increases or (cutting loopholes). I tried and tried to comprehend who the Republicans are saying don't want their taxes raised and the only thing I can think is that we the people making under $1,000,000 a year don't matter to them. And "their" polling was based on the wealthy. So it is my opinion that Republicans don't give a **** about the average working American and are willing to let them pay higher prices on EVERYTHING instead of raising taxes on the rich. I am not a big fan of Obama, but I do feel that the original plan to cut loopholes was a good start. At the same time we can't afford to cut too much, or our country could slip into another Great Depression. I've already called my Senator and voiced my opinion. So I hope everyone else is doing the same. Whatever it is, if the deficit is not raised by Aug 3, then "everyone" will be paying by the selfish political theatrics by BOTH parties. Especially the Tea Party. I didn't vote out Democratic Senators becuase I wanted a divided government. I voted them out to get the job done. I think that they should have some compasion for the working class and compromise. And for those that don't like Obama, you'll have your chance in 2012 to vote him out too.

I'll tell you what, you can pay lots in taxes so you can pay for someone that has less than you. I am in favor of removing all of your write offs just to make sure you pay your fair share since there are so many with less than you. Please make sure you do not claim your per diem or expenses and you shouldn't have to pay anymore than 20% in taxes which if your vehicle grossed $90k you will only have to pay $18k in taxes so please start saving now to help those with less. It is easy to say raise taxes on someone else, better than me, right?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited: