Relationships

G

GatorBait

WOMAN'S PERFECT BREAKFAST

She's sitting at the table with her gourmet coffee.

Her son is on the cover of the Wheaties box.

Her daughter is on the cover of Business Week.

Her boyfriend is on the cover of Playgirl.

And her husband is on the back of the milk carton.

Keep reading-they get better!!!

WOMEN'S REVENGE

'Cash, check or charge?' I asked, after folding items the woman wished to purchase.

As she fumbled for her wallet , I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.

'So, do you always carry your TV remote?' I asked.

'No,' she replied, 'but my husband refused to come shopping with me,

and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally.'

UNDERSTANDING WOMEN

(A MAN'S PERSPECTIVE)

I know I'm not going to understand women.

I'll never understand how you can take boiling hot wax,

pour it onto your upper lip, rip the hair out by the root,

and still be afraid of a spider.

MARRIAGE SEMINAR

While attending a Marriage Seminar dealing with communication,

Tom and his wife Grace listened to the instructor,

'It is essential that husbands and wives know each other's likes and dislikes.'

He addressed the man,

'Can you name your wife's favorite flower?'

Tom leaned over, touched his wife's arm gently and whispered, 'It's Pillsbury, isn't it?

CIGARETTES AND TAMPONS

A man walks into a pharmacy and wanders up & down the aisles..

The sales girl notices him and asks him if she can help him.

He answers that he is looking for a box of tampons for his wife..

She directs him down the correct aisle.

A few minutes later, he deposits a huge bag of cotton balls and a ball of string on the counter.

She says, confused, 'Sir, I thought you were looking for some tampons for your wife?

He answers, 'You see, it's like this, yesterday, I sent my wife to the store

to get me a carton of cigarettes, and she came back with a tin of tobacco

and some rolling papers; cause it's sooo-ooo--oo- ooo much cheaper.

So, I figure if I have to roll my own ........... so does she.

(I figure this guy is the one on the milk carton!)

WIFE VS. HUSBAND

A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word.

An earlier discussion had led to an argument and

neither of them wanted to concede their position.

As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats, and pigs,

the husband asked sarcastically, 'Relatives of yours?'

'Yep,' the wife replied , 'in-laws.'

WORDS

A husband read an article to his wife about how many words women use a day...

30,000 to a man's 15,000.

The wife replied, 'The reason has to be because we have to repeat everything to men...

The husband then turned to his wife and asked, 'What?'

CREATION

A man said to his wife one day, 'I don't know how you can be

so stupid and so beautiful all at the same time.

'The wife responded, 'Allow me to explain.

God made me beautiful so you would be attracted to me;

God made me stupid so I would be attracted to you !

WHO DOES WHAT

A man and his wife were having an argument about who

should brew the coffee each morning.

The wife said, 'You should do it because you get up first,

and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee.

The husband said, 'You are in charge of cooking around here and

you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee.'

Wife replies, 'No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee.'

Husband replies, 'I can't believe that, show me.'

So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says 'HEBREWS'

The Silent Treatment

A man and his wife were having some problems at home

and were giving each other the silent treatment.

Suddenly, the man realized that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him

at 5:0 0 AM for an early morning business flight..

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper,
'Please wake me at 5:00 AM.' He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him,
when he notic ed a piece of paper by the bed.

The paper said, 'It is 5:00 AM. Wake up.'

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why is it that most men vs women jokes are jokes that bash the man?
Even when the jokes doesn't bash the man, there's got to be a tag line that bashes him, like the cotton balls and string, it's one that doesn't bash the man or the woman, until the tag line of "I figure this guy is the one on the milk carton!"

TV shows and TV commercials, if there's a buffoon to be found, 9 times out of 10 it's the man who is the butt of the joke.

Tolerance.org: Male Bashing on TV

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Diary- His-vs-Hers

HER DIARY:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made
Plans to meet at a bar to have a drink. I was shopping with
My friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at
The fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go
Somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he
Didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong. He said,
'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he
Was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing
To do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled
Slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his
Behavior. I don't know why he didn't say,
'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I
Had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do
With me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV.
He continued to seem distant and absent.

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go
To bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. To my
Surprise, he responded to my caress, and we made love. But I still felt
That he was distracted, and his thoughts were
Somewhere else. He fell asleep -I cried. I don't know what
To do.
I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.

My life is a disaster.

HIS DIARY:

My Harley wouldn't start today, but at least I got laid

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, easy targets, but this is a serious thing. There are many differences between men and women, and many of them are really funny, right up until you get editorial comments as to why, as they are most often mean-spirited against the man. The same exact jokes and belittling of men, if applied directly towards women or any minority, would be an outrage. This kind of mean-spirited attitude towards men spills over not only into the perceptions of youth, but into very real, everyday matters, eroding away the importance and value of men. Did you know that "women's health" issues receive far more funding across the board, despite the fact that men have substantially higher death rates in all but one of the 15 leading causes of death. But that's OK, 'cause men are bumbling fools, right?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today Show host Katie Couric recently interviewed a jilted bride, and actually asked, "Have you considered castration?" [/FONT]Har, har, har. Can you imagine the reaction of she was interviewing a jilted groom and had asked, "Have you considered ripping out her uterus?"

There are greeting cards that say, "Women are from Venus, men are disgusting pigs".

Yeah, well, there is a significantly higher percentage of deadbeat moms that aren't paying court order child support than there are deadbeat dads. But we never hear about the deadbeat moms, those disgusting pigs.

Teen and college aged females hit their male partners far more than the reverse. Females abuse and murder children and initiate partner aggression at a rate of more than 3-to-1 over males. California, for example, has a brochure about teen dating and violence, and it's 100% geared towards the female victim with nary a mention of even the notion of a teenage boy being the victim of dating partner violence.

According to safeyouth.org, about 9% of high school students responded that a dating partner has slapped them, hit them or otherwise physically hurt them while on a date. Of the ones who responded, 68% were males that had been physically struck by their female dating partners on more than one occasion. Teenagers and young women are becoming more physically aggressive towards males simply because for the last 30 years male bashing has become all the rage, and it's spilling over into physical bashing, as well.

A woman needed a brain transplant. Her doctor said two brains were available, a woman's brain for $500 and a man's brain for $5,000. Why the big price difference? Answer: The woman's brain has been used. ha ha ha

OK, A woman needed a brain transplant. Her doctor said two brains were available, a white person's brain for $500 and a black person's brain for $5,000. Why the big price difference? Answer: The black person's brain has never been used. ha ha ha

See what I mean?

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Yeah, easy targets, but this is a serious thing. There are many differences between men and women, and many of them are really funny, right up until you get editorial comments as to why, as they are most often mean-spirited against the man. The same exact jokes and belittling of men, if applied directly towards women or any minority, would be an outrage. This kind of mean-spirited attitude towards men spills over not only into the perceptions of youth, but into very real, everyday matters, eroding away the importance and value of men. Did you know that "women's health" issues receive far more funding across the board, despite the fact that men have substantially higher death rates in all but one of the 15 leading causes of death. But that's OK, 'cause men are bumbling fools, right?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today Show host Katie Couric recently interviewed a jilted bride, and actually asked, "Have you considered castration?" [/FONT]Har, har, har. Can you imagine the reaction of she was interviewing a jilted groom and had asked, "Have you considered ripping out her uterus?"

There are greeting cards that say, "Women are from Venus, men are disgusting pigs".

Yeah, well, there is a significantly higher percentage of deadbeat moms that aren't paying court order child support than there are deadbeat dads. But we never hear about the deadbeat moms, those disgusting pigs.

Teen and college aged females hit their male partners far more than the reverse. Females abuse and murder children and initiate partner aggression at a rate of more than 3-to-1 over males. California, for example, has a brochure about teen dating and violence, and it's 100% geared towards the female victim with nary a mention of even the notion of a teenage boy being the victim of dating partner violence.

According to safeyouth.org, about 9% of high school students responded that a dating partner has slapped them, hit them or otherwise physically hurt them while on a date. Of the ones who responded, 68% were males that had been physically struck by their female dating partners on more than one occasion. Teenagers and young women are becoming more physically aggressive towards males simply because for the last 30 years male bashing has become all the rage, and it's spilling over into physical bashing, as well.

A woman needed a brain transplant. Her doctor said two brains were available, a woman's brain for $500 and a man's brain for $5,000. Why the big price difference? Answer: The woman's brain has been used. ha ha ha

OK, A woman needed a brain transplant. Her doctor said two brains were available, a white person's brain for $500 and a black person's brain for $5,000. Why the big price difference? Answer: The black person's brain has never been used. ha ha ha

See what I mean?

Don't ya know the root of all evil is the white man? Then add money to it and you are the Antichrist. Just ask everyone else.

We can not claim discrimination, sexism, or even rape. We have to just sit on our hands and take it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The male bashing isn't even a white thing, it's across the board.
Although, in some cases it is, like with this Stapes commercial where the white guy runs out of toner and flips out, just goes nuts, while the black guy and the white woman just looks at him. Black dood points to the Stapes "easy" button, which the white woman pushes, and suddenly our hero, the Black Man From Staples, appears and hands the woman some ink, which she hands over to Mr Nutjob and all is well again.
YouTube - Staples Dell Ink Crazy Commercial

Watch TV, just look at the dolt of a father and the level-headed wife who is always in control. The commercials are the worst, though.

Worst Male-Bashing Ads

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Do you think perhaps it could have anything to do with the fact that men are generally stronger than women and are perceived to be able to defend themselves?

I'm not a guy, so maybe I'm wrong? But I'd think it would be hard for a guy to be raped unwillingly? Spaghetti comes to mind.

After a group has been oppressed for a great number of years, it's probably liberating to make jokes about their oppressers. It's the weaker party who gets abused in most cases, right? Sure there are evil women too, but what are the percentage differences for rapists, murderers, serial killers, child abusers, drunk drivers?

And women paying child support? I would think the number of women who are making more than their ex and not taking care of their children, is pretty low. So.. if you have 1 out of a total of 5, it really raises the way the percentages look, doesn't it? You'd have to have 200,000 out of 1,000,000 to get the same percentage. And there's probably a good reason why that 'one' isn't paying, I'll bet.

I love those 'easy' buttons :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Turtle: I've only seen one 'dumb blonde' joke that referred to a male, and have never seen even one 'father in law' joke, so I'd say it evens out.
We laugh, because it beats the alternative, eh? ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's a little unfair to bring dumb blond jokes into the equation since they aren't generally mean spirited - they're just silly for the most part. The jokes that point out the difference between men and women, those are different, and usually spot-on funny.

A successful man is one who makes more money than can be spent by his wife.
A successful woman is one who can find that a man.

A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, and she does.

Those are funny.
These are not. These are mean spirited.

A woman of 35 thinks of having children. What does a man of 35 think of?
Dating children.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]What is gross stupidity?
144 men in one room.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]How do you save a man from drowning?
Take your foot off his head.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]"[/FONT]Sure there are evil women too, but what are the percentage differences for rapists, murderers, serial killers, child abusers, drunk drivers? "

Percentage of rapists who are men? Puhleeze. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the wholesale demeaning of a culture class, in the guise of humor, and having it reflect back on to daily life. But as for evil, mothers abuse and kill their children far more often than fathers do. And as for child support, it's not a case of who makes more, as that's irrelevant, it's a case of who is paying court-ordered child support and who isn't. The fact is, there are more deadbeat moms than there are deadbeat dads who fail to pay court-order child support.

"Do you think perhaps it could have anything to do with the fact that men are generally stronger than women and are perceived to be able to defend themselves?"

No. Male bashing insofar as making the man out to be worthless, useless idiot has nothing to do with being able to defend themselves. On Everybody Loves Raymond, if it weren't for his level-headed wife, Ray wouldn't be able to make it through the day alive. Same with King of Queens, Doug is an immature buffoon, and so is his father. Good thing there's a woman in the house.

Remember the AOL ad that was all about, "It so easy even a man can do it"? There's been a lot of those. FedEx had an ad campaign a few years ago that centered on that theme.

Just watch the tv shows and the commercials and you'll see what I mean. It's been going on for about 30 years, and it's beginning to show up in serious discussion. Back in Februrary on Good Morning America, co-host Robin Roberts and reporter Clair Shipman had a segment on Wall Street and the financial crisis.

As video of bank executives who testified in front of Congress appeared onscreen, Roberts mused, "As we saw, the nation’s top bankers were grilled on Capitol Hill. Take a look. What do they all have in common? Well, for one thing, they’re all men." And to hammer on the point in case anyone missed it, "Which raises a question, would things have turned out differently if there had been women in the mix?" Shipman then lectured, "Greed and glory and then risk and disaster on Wall Street. Could testosterone be to blame? Could more estrogen around have saved them [Wall Street] and all of us from meltdown?

Male bashing at its finest.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
It's a little unfair to bring dumb blond jokes into the equation since they aren't generally mean spirited

Those are funny.
These are not. These are mean spirited.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]What is gross stupidity?
144 men in one room.
[/FONT]

I guess 'funny' is in the ear of the beholder, cuz sorry, to women, that IS funny. And further, that above 'joke', is absolutely just like a blonde joke. Cept that in this case, all men are blonde. :)

turtle said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]"[/FONT]Sure there are evil women too, but what are the percentage differences for rapists, murderers, serial killers, child abusers, drunk drivers? "

Percentage of rapists who are men? Puhleeze. That's not what I'm talking about.

But that's what you *should* be talking about, if you want to start bringing statistics into this.

turtle said:
I'm talking about the wholesale demeaning of a culture class, in the guise of humor, and having it reflect back on to daily life. But as for evil, mothers abuse and kill their children far more often than fathers do.

Ya, and like I suggested above, check those other statistics. And I am not even sure your statistic is correct in the first place. Where are the numbers?

turtle said:
And as for child support, it's not a case of who makes more, as that's irrelevant, it's a case of who is paying court-ordered child support and who isn't. The fact is, there are more deadbeat moms than there are deadbeat dads who fail to pay court-order child support.

No it's not irrelevant at all. Go get the statistics. Out of those having child support orders, how many are women vs how many men? Like I said, if you have a much lower number on one side to begin with, having just a handful of non-payers is going to skew the percentages, relative to having a HUGE number on the other side.

Case in point for that.. a city nearby was announced in a major magazine as being the most dangerous city in the province, 11th in Canada. We're talking a 'small town' here. The news had a hayday with this. The politicians, residents, economic development officers were all appalled at the results. The reason? Becuz for such a tiny little spec of a city, there just so happened to be 2 (domestic) murders during the year the statistics were counted. It totally skewed the numbers becuz the numbers were so low to begin with. If the statistic were taken for another time period, that little city would look like a great place to live.

(Oh, and btw, those 2 above-referenced domestic murders? Two murdered, woman and child, by one perp during one rampage. How many have to guess which sex the perp was?)

I'm just saying, if you start out with a way lower base on one side of a statistic, just a few numbers are going to make a huge difference, and could make the corresponding percentages skewed.

turtle said:
"Do you think perhaps it could have anything to do with the fact that men are generally stronger than women and are perceived to be able to defend themselves?"

No. Male bashing insofar as making the man out to be worthless, useless idiot has nothing to do with being able to defend themselves.

I disagree.

People can argue this non-stop forever and get nowhere. But just wanted to mention that aside from all the above, perhaps a relevant point was missed. In one of your recent posts you said:

....and when it's not based in the truth, or some absurd stereotype of the truth, it's not funny....

Obviously these 'male-bashing' jokes *are* funny, otherwise they wouldn't be going around the way they are, and they wouldn't *be* funny if they weren't based in truth or some absurd steroetype of the truth, right?

And further, you're saying it started about 30 years ago.. was this not in line with the whole women's lib, bra-burning thing? Gee, we weren't allowed to vote, own property, get an education, file for divorce, become president, or any number of other things along the way.. can't you at least let us have our jokes, even if at your expense?? :p

Last edited:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
My previous comment "easy targets?" was just a joke, but I do see what Turtle is talking about. If you think back to TV, what started the whole "men are inept" thing was having to do with those stay at home dad's that couldn't change a diaper, run a vacuum, wash clothes etc.
Women were portrayed as being inept at balancing a check book, driving a car, changing a tire etc.
All based on some form of reality, but in the real world, many men and women knew how to do all of these things.

From my way of thinking, I don't think the jokes are meant to be mean spirited, but, maybe they've gone a little too far from reality to be considered truly funny?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Exactly. They've gone too far. Some still find them funny, because they've been conditioned to find it funny. Want a cheap laugh? Bash a man. The problem is when it spills over into real life where children view male adults as being inept and incompetent without even knowing what that means, because the TV shows and commercials tell them to think that way. It spills over into adulthood where women demand respect from men, earned or not, but refuse to give it, earned or not.

"Obviously these 'male-bashing' jokes *are* funny, otherwise they wouldn't be going around the way they are, and they wouldn't *be* funny if they weren't based in truth or some absurd steroetype of the truth, right?"

Right, but it's evolved now to become something more than a joke based on truth. There was a time when men, as a rule, didn't change diapers or do the laundry or the dishes or cook the meals. Suddenly, they were called upon to do so, and performed badly, which is the basis for most of the jokes. But that day has long past for most men, and what's left is not some absurdity based on men failing to perform tasks they were never taught how to perform, but rather the ineptness has been redefined to mean pretty much anything and everything that men don't do exactly the same way as women would do it.

Men and women are different, and they think differently, but because men don't act and think the same was as women, anything a man does that is different becomes an act of ineptness and incompetence in the eyes of women, and is therefor fair game for a male bashing joke. Maybe not so much anyone over 35 or so, but look at the TV shows and commercials, and keep in mind that the target buying demographic is the 18-34 crowd, and the male bashing is playing directly to them, because they have been taught all their life that men are idiots.

As for the statistics of mothers abusing and killing their children more often than fathers do, those are FBI statistics which can be found at the FBI web site.

The numbers of the deadbeat moms and dads come from the 2000 Census of the US.

Yeah, it's true that there are more men who are required to pay child support than there are women, but it's also true that most courts routinely award child custody to the mothers, even in cases where her fitness as a mother is seriously in question.

The Census figures show 674,000 women were ordered to pay child support, yet only 385,000 paid any, much less all, of what they were ordered to pay. That's only 57 percent. This is not a case of couple of women in some town failing to pay child support and screwing up the numbers.

That leaves some 289,000 deadbeat mothers out there, a fact that rarely gets reported in the media, simply because of the raw numbers. 6.3 million moms were awarded child support, but only 4.3 million got it, meaning that 2 million fathers failed to pay. That's a lot, but still keep in mind that courts will routinely side with the mother in custody cases ("But I should be awarded custody. Boo Hoo Hoo. A child should be with his mother! Boo Hoo Hoo." And she gets it more often than not). But of the men who did pay, the number is 68 percent, compared to the 57 percent of mothers who pay. These are not skewed numbers, as 674,000 is a significant enough of a number so as the percentages aren't out of line. The sampling size is more than enough.

Not only that, when women are ordered to pay child support, they tend to get off easy, with an average of $1,600, whereas men were ordered to pay $3000 on average. (these are 1997 figures, as later figures are not available). In addition, men who are awarded custody tend to work more hours than the women who are awaded custody, where 7 percent of custodial moms work more than 44 hours per week and 24.5 percent of custodial dads work more than 44 hours per week. And it's not because mom's can't bear to be away from the kids and the dads can, or because the dads are inept and a bunch of buffoons.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle, you forget the requisite shot to the groin, a common scene in movies of the last 30 years. Even Disney movies. Especially Disney movies! Whether it be delivered by a baseball, swift kick, fall or dog bite; nothing is as fall down, roaring funny as a guy doubled over with his testicles in his throat.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The comparisons to dumb blond jokes, to justify man bashing jokes, is particularly lame, IMNSHO. Dumb blond jokes don't demean all women, or for that matter all blonds, just the dumb ones, and even then, they are rarely told in a demeaning or mean spirited way, because most will agree that not all or even most blonds are dumb. The jokes are just silly. Yes, they're rooted in the truth, because for a long time if you were a blond bombshell, you could go a long way in life without having to learn much of anything. Yeah, men are largely to blame for that, too. As long as you're blond and pretty, you can get by with a lot with men. For that matter, you don't even have to be blond and pretty, just the illusion of availability is enough for it to work on most men. That's why gentleman's clubs work, the illusion that if you can cram enough dollar bills into someone's g-string you'll get lucky. Men fall for it all the time. Almost as much as women fall for "I love you". hehe

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
The comparisons to dumb blond jokes, to justify man bashing jokes, is particularly lame, IMNSHO. Dumb blond jokes don't demean all women, or for that matter all blonds, just the dumb ones, and even then, they are rarely told in a demeaning or mean spirited way, because most will agree that not all or even most blonds are dumb. The jokes are just silly. Yes, they're rooted in the truth, because for a long time if you were a blond bombshell, you could go a long way in life without having to learn much of anything. Yeah, men are largely to blame for that, too. As long as you're blond and pretty, you can get by with a lot with men. For that matter, you don't even have to be blond and pretty, just the illusion of availability is enough for it to work on most men. That's why gentleman's clubs work, the illusion that if you can cram enough dollar bills into someone's g-string you'll get lucky. Men fall for it all the time. Almost as much as women fall for "I love you". hehe

I don't know. I am not about to argue this topic with you in public on a forum whose readership is probably 90% male. That would just be asking for some female bashing and I'm not biting.

I don't believe most of the man-bashing jokes are mean spirited or demeaning any more than the blonde jokes are. I am one who 'still' finds them funny. I also find blonde jokes funny. I also believe they're all based originally at least, on truths, and that's why they're funny.

This quote:
For that matter, you don't even have to be blond and pretty, just the illusion of availability is enough for it to work on most men. That's why gentleman's clubs work, the illusion that if you can cram enough dollar bills into someone's g-string you'll get lucky. Men fall for it all the time. Almost as much as women fall for "I love you". hehe
says a lot as to why men are easy targets and the man bashing jokes are around and why females might find them funny.

I think you are just major jealous becuz men for the most part, are left out in the cold in the joke world. Having reigned supreme for however many years, you are no longer welcome to participate in jokes about *anyone* any more, at least to be politically correct. The white male had his day. Deal with it.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Lighten up turtle! You sound as if you have some serious self-esteem issues. Women joking around should not cause such a reaction from a man, if it does then that man must have some insecurities in himself. I'm not saying you do, but it sure sounds that way. :eek:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"I don't believe most of the man-bashing jokes are mean spirited or demeaning any more than the blonde jokes are."

Again, man-bashing jokes are aimed at all men, while dumb blond jokes are not aimed at all women. There's a difference, and when you stop laughing at a particular joke, go back and see if you can figure out which ones are mean spirited and demean an entire class of people and which ones are benign and harmless and have no long lasting negative effects of the way people view each other. Take a look at the jokes and replace "man" with "woman" and see if it's still funny.

"says a lot as to why men are easy targets and the man bashing jokes are around and why females might find them funny."

In what way does that say a lot as to why men are easy targets? All that it really says about anything is the differences between men and women, it doesn't say a thing about why men are easy targets.

"I think you are just major jealous..."

What do EYE have to do with anything? It's bad enough that you brought a quote of mine, from outside this thread, into this thread, and used it to make a point against me, thereby taking it to a personal level, rather than in discussing the ideas and topics at hand, which is a very dangerous door to open, but now you continue to make it on a personal level rather than take a look at the whole issue of man-bashing jokes and how it's gone too far.

Yesteryear said:
"Lighten up turtle! You sound as if you have some serious self-esteem issues. Women joking around should not cause such a reaction from a man, if it does then that man must have some insecurities in himself. I'm not saying you do, but it sure sounds that way."

OK, I'll ignore the pseudo-authoritative command to "Listen up turtle!" (listen up turtle? Really? Really?) and just stick to this: why make this about me personally when I've got nothing to do with it? These are not my personal issues. Have you not read the entire thread and looked at the links and paid any attention to the issues at hand? Like I said at the top, "TV shows and TV commercials, if there's a buffoon to be found, 9 times out of 10 it's the man who is the butt of the joke." These have nothing whatsoever, zero, nada, not even a hint of my personal self esteem issues. All I did was point out something that many people have written and talked about, and rather than deal with the topic, you want to make it about me and my personal self-esteem issues? Are you kiddin' me?

Q: How do you save a man from drowning?
A: Take your foot off of his head.

Q: How can you tell if a man is happy?
A: Who cares?

These are jokes that women tell to make themselves feel better, to boost their own self esteem. Reverse the gender in these jokes and women will find them offensive.

There's a book out there and a set of t-shirts that read:
Boys are stupid - throw rocks at them.

Can you imagine the reaction if the gender was reversed on that one? And this relates to my own personal self-esteem issues how, exactly? As a student of social science and of human nature, it is clear that when people belittle or demean others, be it on an individual basis or an entire class of people, is it usually to make themselves feel better, to boost their own self-esteem. Is it really harmless fun, or does it go deeper than that?
That's something to keep in mind, I think.

You can avoid the issues and instead make this about me if you like, but it's a waste of time.