Rand Paul selling out social conservatives. No surprise.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As I recall, when Rand was running for election to the Senate he left social conservatives with the impression he supported traditional marriage. I will have to research his exact remarks from those days. In the meantime, more recently Rand said the following about marriage: Post-DOMA, Rand Paul fears humans marrying non-humans | MSNBC

I don't think Rand Paul knows his own mind on the subject. Guess it depends on the day of the week and to whom he is speaking.

Politicians... all politicians, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Direct me to a libertarian government so we can study its performance. Even a bonafide libertarian government would have to ensure social order through imposition of law. To govern is to control, there is no way around this truth.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He didn't say anything except it should be a local issue. The rest was say something that means nothing political speech. You can all unwad your panties now.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Direct me to a libertarian government so we can study its performance. Even a bonafide libertarian government would have to ensure social order through imposition of law. To govern is to control, there is no way around this truth.

Libertarian doesn't mean anarchy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
It's okay. Rand Paul needs to go 3rd party.

Third party is just more of the same. Money is the almighty. The only way an independent, non-conventional candidate could get elected is with an organized and well funded ( perhaps a kickstarter type fund) grassroots movement, with out any type of central committee.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It's okay. Rand Paul needs to go 3rd party.
Maybe he will ... ;)

(Let the gnashing of the teeth begin ...)

And perhaps the socons can successfully purge the Republican party of that 61% of young Republicans who support gay marriage in principle, along with any older ones who do as well ...

I'm not sure how great an electoral strategy that would be, but it would sure do wonders for "ideological purity" ...

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Third party is just more of the same. Money is the almighty. The only way an independent, non-conventional candidate could get elected is with an organized and well funded ( perhaps a kickstarter type fund) grassroots movement, with out any type of central committee.

We've seen how grassroots movements go. They get bought out by the establishment. "There can be only TWO!!!"

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
We've seen how grassroots movements go. They get bought out by the establishment. "There can be only TWO!!!"
Yeah ... oh ... wait ...

Highlander.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Tea Party has not been bought out by the establishment. Many in the establishment detest the Tea Party and want to 'crush' them. The feeling is mutual.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/10/mitch-mcconnell-beating-tea-party-we-are-going-cru/

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Maybe he will ... ;)

(Let the gnashing of the teeth begin ...)

And perhaps the socons can successfully purge the Republican party of that 61% of young Republicans who support gay marriage in principle, along with any older ones who do as well ...

I'm not sure how great an electoral strategy that would be, but it would sure do wonders for "ideological purity" ...
If the GOP manages to exit everyone from the party except the genuine, true blue, bona fide conservative conservatives, those bastions of the moral high ground of social interactions, they will be able to hold their national convention in the Rainbow Room at the Holiday Inn Express, with plenty of elbow room left over.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If the GOP manages to exit everyone from the party except the genuine, true blue, bona fide conservative conservatives, those bastions of the moral high ground of social interactions, they will be able to hold their national convention in the Rainbow Room at the Holiday Inn Express, with plenty of elbow room left over.
Well that would obviously save all kinds of money ... so I suppose it could be thought of as striking a blow not only for social conservatism, but fiscal conservatism as well ...

It's a twofer !

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

You think there are "conservatives" in the Rumbumlican parity? :confused: All I see is a bunch of left wing, big spending bums. Not really ANY different than the Demoncrats except they are better at covering up their drive to do away with our way of life and Constitution.

They SHOULD have that convention at the Aramada Room at the Holiday Inn, then they could have "Murph and the Magic Tones" for entertainment.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I do believe Rand Paul would be a tremendously strong 3rd party candidate. I agree with much of his beliefs; however, when he starts suggesting conservatives need to soften their stance against homosexual marriage, he loses a lot of voters. Supporters of traditional marriage simply will not go along with such a radical left-wing stance. No candidate seeking the GOP nomination can publicly endorse homosexual marriage. It is the death knell for anyone appealing to the conservative base. Unfortunately, Rand Paul's overarching concern is winning office at the expense of compromising core principles. Not good.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
ANY candidate, LiBeRaL, CoNsErVaTiVe, or whatever, that even MENTIONS marriage, of ANY kind, in any way, shape or form, has NO business running for national office. Marriage, of ANY kind, is just NO business of the Federal Government.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He's not publicly endorsing gay marriage. He's saying conservatives will just have to agree to disagree on gay marriage . I also don't think gay marriage is such a big issue with conservatives. They are more concerned with abortion and illegal immigration, in regards to social issues.