Ram's new cargo van...

guido4475

Not a Member
It looks like they are starting to trickle into dealerships. Saw one plated up ready for delivery at small Dodge dealer in Ontario. Looked good.

On my way down to Laredo yesterday I saw at least 8 flatbeds headed north with 2 Promasters each on them....all white except one red one...one high roof, but all short ones...Being a Ford person, very disappointing to see Ford dragging their feet on their van...embarrassing....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On my way down to Laredo yesterday I saw at least 8 flatbeds headed north with 2 Promasters each on them....all white except one red one...one high roof, but all short ones...Being a Ford person, very disappointing to see Ford dragging their feet on their van...embarrassing....

It is strange that they only ship 2 shorties per flatbed.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
But there are no 3500 extended Pro masters being shipped... they are piling up in a storage yard for some reason unknown to dealers???

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But still better looking than the Nissan and much better thought out.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When you are sitting behind the steering wheel they all look fairly similar. What counts is how it looks to your bottom line.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw two on a flatbed going east on I-40. One long one shorty. Butt ugly front end. If I'm going ugly, I'll stick with the Sprinter.

guido4475

Not a Member
The Nissan wouldn't be bad looking if it were at least 14 ft inside for cargo..than it would look better proportioned..but now it looks like a gremlin, or a ski boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
you go to an American car dealer to buy an Italian van made in Mexico, or buy an German van @ an American truck dealer that's owned by an German corporation, all because a great British van is too slow to role off of a Missouri production line.
simple!

In the early 70's I had to deliver a license plate to a driver.
He had a Frtlnr COE pulling a Brown Body Co trl with prepainted white panels.

The boss said meet Bobby at 95th and Stoney. He's in a Red White with a White Brown.

Might have been the first time I said DUH ?

JetAgeHobo

Rookie Expediter
So I see there's now inventory on dealer lots, not any dealer close to where I live, mostly because there's not a Dodge dealer in close by to begin with.

Any one actually spotted one, test driven one, etc?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
See the short body on almost every dodge lot. There is a couple people on here who have posted test drives. Might find them with some searching.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
There were a few @ place In
Middleburry In I delivered too..looked them over...they seem to be nice...nice heavy duty door hinges..well built was my impression..?? We will see

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I was in Laredo last week, I had a pick up on Carrier Drive. That's the first road going towards Mexico from the J that crosses the freeway. If you drive down that road there are dozens of trailers loaded with Ram vans waiting for shipment. They had long, short, tall or low, some without any rear glass. They are coming! Couldn't see if they were 3500 with these old eye balls! Not a dealer, just sitting by the Swift yard.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Watching Sunday Night Football I saw a commercial that had 5 or 6 new Ram Vans in it.
Weird commercial.
Nice looking van.