Question for Bolt drivers

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please note .....NO dogs were injured in the discussion of Bolt rates on this thread ...they may have gotten the bone after the Bolt drivers took off all the meat....:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Asjssl, if you want to start a thread about how many of what sized animals should be allowed in a cargo van, go for it. But just because you have a different opinion about that than someone else does not justify hijacking a thread in order to attack someone over the difference of opinion. I've seen vans with two adults and four dogs, but that doesn't mean the dogs are unhappy or even that they are regularly out on the road like that for weeks at a time. It's none of your business, unless you are willing to adopt one of those dogs and love it. You know.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Id rather see a dog in a cargo van ,then a kill shelter any day...
Wat year van does Bolt require?
Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
5 years old or newer, so after Jan. 1 ,,2013 new contractors will need 2008 or newer ...

dolphin

Seasoned Expediter
5 years old or newer, so after Jan. 1 ,,2013 new contractors will need 2008 or newer ...

So if you are 5 years or younger and sign on with BOLT and stay with them and your van/sprinter goes to 6-7 years its ok?

Thanks,
Steve

paullud

Veteran Expediter
So if you are 5 years or younger and sign on with BOLT and stay with them and your van/sprinter goes to 6-7 years its ok?

Thanks,
Steve

Yes, they do require that it be in good condition though like any other carrier.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just for the record, what does Bolt's contract say about auditing the books? ;)

Really doesn't matter what their contract says. If it says a contractor paid on percentage cannot see the freight bills it's illegal. The law is what it is. If you're being paid on percentage as a contractor you have a right to see what the freight actually paid.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When was you contracted to Bolt ? And when ?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Turtle,when wasn't you leased to Bolt.
I wasn't last year. Or the year before. And hopefully not next year.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Please don t sign on with Bolt ,,i m happy your not here ...i m just happy I m making money and your sitting and worried about other companys policys ....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Please don t sign on with Bolt ,,i m happy your not here ...i m just happy I m making money and your sitting and worried about other companys policys ....
You assume too much, and much of it incorrect. It's actually quite prudent to periodically investigate the policies and details of other carriers. It's an aid in determining the additions and subtractions of the short and long list of carriers that you may wish to one day lease with. I've been doing that ever since I started expediting.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
You assume too much, and much of it incorrect. It's actually quite prudent to periodically investigate the policies and details of other carriers. It's an aid in determining the additions and subtractions of the short and long list of carriers that you may wish to one day lease with. I've been doing that ever since I started expediting.

Thought I was the only one who did this....:what:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also keep my ear to the ground...always have....because you never know...you can never know too much about the the business that puts food on your table...you think Walmart just carries on blindly?...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I think sometimes people should be less defensive and just read and take in the information that may come from others. My original post said that I was getting a very good average rate but the rates tanked when things slowed down, then it fell to about a dollar and that Bolt will go around you to use a cheaper driver. It seemed as though it was taken personally and I was told I was lying but at the same time it was confirmed they will go around you. I was told I had no business sense and couldn't cut it despite the fact the average rate was the same as I was getting. There really is no reason to take your personal feelings or issues about a person or group of people and apply it to everything they do or say. I have my issues with the way Bolt is run but I certainly don't want to see them fail since so many make their living off of them. If Turtle believes you may have an issue looking at the billing you may want to ask why. Not that Turtle has a reputation as a liar but I would look things over for yourself too and see how you interpret it since the majority of what we do is basically a step above stoner talk.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums