Progressive Insurance goes up again !!!!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Of course. I never encourage anyone to run below their preferred rate.

I went to Load-1 preschool as a child. :)

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Why not just raise your rates that you charge your carrier/customer to accommodate the higher cost of insurance? I don't see how people are still running for 85 cents per mile in today's market. I'm getting 90 cents per mile from Express Family.

I need a better paying carrier for my ford because I make neither but it is a variable rate with a minimum

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll save almost $450 this year on my Progressive policy by switching from monthly to annually.

That is excellent but many of the folks who can't buy an Espar also couldn't pay annually unless the discount was most of the total. Dave Ramsey may not need more listeners but more definitely need to be listeners.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
That is excellent but many of the folks who can't buy an Espar also couldn't pay annually unless the discount was most of the total. Dave Ramsey may not need more listeners but more definitely need to be listeners.

I agree. When one realizes the savings, easily overlooked, that should be one of the things on the short term financial goals.
That $450 savings would go a long way towards paying off other debt.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Like any business you have to insure that you have proper reserves. Way too many unexpected things that can happen in life and business.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
With as rough as this winter has been I am sure rates are going to go up again...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Peter Lewis is not alive. Flo has taken over.
Peter B. Lewis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Flo_from_Progressive_Insurance.jpg

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
2011 Extended GMC was quoted today at 4000.00 per year by Progressive agent, 333.00 per month.

No accidents (fault or no fault) for 40 years. One windshield claim, no tickets in 17 years, no offenses at all in that time frame. Better keep shopping, as State Farm will not insure the van for Interstate.

Do have a quote for 121.00 per month, 1452 per year, with no towing or roadside offered. Non-Trucking liability is 46.00 per month, physical damage is 75.00......1000 deductible. Need more figures and complete overview.

mx377

Rookie Expediter
2011 Extended GMC was quoted today at 4000.00 per year by Progressive agent, 333.00 per month.

No accidents (fault or no fault) for 40 years. One windshield claim, no tickets in 17 years, no offenses at all in that time frame. Better keep shopping, as State Farm will not insure the van for Interstate.

Do have a quote for 121.00 per month, 1452 per year, with no towing or roadside offered. Non-Trucking liability is 46.00 per month, physical damage is 75.00......1000 deductible. Need more figures and complete overview.

Any update on this lower quote? & with who?