prestige expedite

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
hello everyone im new here in the website and im trying to work a deal with prestige expedite is anyone out there that could give a heads up about prestige im getting a 08 sprinter si that worth it for them ?? thanks for all your help .......

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think he means is it worth getting an 08 Sprinter to go with Prestige.

My inclination is to say no, probably not. It's been a while since I've talked with someone I know who is an owner/operator with them, but when I last did he told me it was all NLMI freight with really low FSC, and he was looking at changing carriers or getting out completely. He has an 06 Sprinter.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Samuel, Aristotle mentioned the critical point: what is "worth it" to you, is what we don't know, and therefore, can't answer.
Besides researching EO for info on the carrier you're considering, I'd also try to talk to as many current & former drivers as possible. Sure, some may be 'disgruntled', maybe, but you can usually spot that, in talking to them, right? The more information you have to work with, the better decision you can make.
If you can hold off until the Expedite Expo later this month, there will be a lot of carriers represented there, and comparisons would be easier to make. Plus, you can attend some seminars, and make some great new friends there, at the same time. For Newbies and Wannabees, it's especially "the place to be"
Good luck, whatever you decide. :)

Last edited:

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
thanks everyone for you help is very apreciated since you guys are doing this is there any other carrier that you could advice my on the good one the bad ones thanks

marcm88

Seasoned Expediter
nope, nope, nope, wouldn't do it. Thw problem is not with any certain co but with the bussiness in general. NO ONE can guarantee miles or money. My advice to you is try driving for an owner-operator and see if it looks like a possibility for profit. Yhe atmosphere is very volitile. A last count there are a lot of exp trucks for sale. Good luck! Remember, You can always tell when a recruiter is lying--HIS LIPS ARE MOVING!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Barney: been there, done that, got the t shirt (and a nice oxford, too - Lawrence does things with style, you know:))
While there is no group I'd rather be part of, I'm happy to be just another one of the peanut gallery, now. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"just another one of the peanut gallery,"

She's a really hot nut, too.

M

mcclain

I would not put on a cargo van or a sprinter with any company!

Its just the market, there are to many of them now that are not staying busy.

There is just a flood of them out there - PERIOD!

For gosh sakes don't fall into the sales pitch or the ease of driving a sprinter - it will not pay for itself.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Great. Here we go, with the seemingly helpful pseudo advice that tries to create an air of credibility to salvage getting caught with your pants down. So predictable, so classic.

I would not put on a cargo van or a sprinter with any company!

Nice touch with the exclamation point. Really drives it home how adamant and unambiguous you are about the issue. I can almost envision the slightly crooked, pointed finger. Stolen right from, "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky." I would not put on a cargo can or a Sprinter, with any company.

Nicely done. :)

Its just the market, there are to many of them now that are not staying busy.
Tries to show you know the market, goes to credibility. Easily gleaned from any number of threads. Weak, but accurate.

There is just a flood of them out there - PERIOD!
Oh, so close. Went too far with that one. Repetition of previous sentence, and another exclamation point, and the all-caps PERIOD in an attempt to drive home the point that you are serious and know what you are talking about, is merely a desperate move to have people take you seriously because you know what you are talking about.

For gosh sakes don't fall into the sales pitch or the ease of driving a sprinter - it will not pay for itself.
A golly gee whiz folksy plea to let people know you are concerned, truly concerned, about them on an individual, personal level. Nice head tilt to convey a sincere, albeit insincere, sincerity.

Nice (and quick) makeover of the Web site, BTW. <snicker>

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I havta agree with turtle there mr mcclain...don't know where you got your info BUT for a supposed company owner better check your facts....besides turtle,,,
Rlent and I are doing quite well, thank you very much. After having grossed just over 49 grand in the first 6 months, nice of you to inform me there is no business out there for Sprinters.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yaabutt, you guys kinda work at it, don't you??

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a great number OVM! If I could have done that well I may have stayed in a van. And, yes, I did work at it.

McClain, in that picture in your posts, are you really constipated and trying to have a bowel movement?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
So am I to understand that the money I've been making in my Sprinter is not real money and that the runs I've been doing are a figment of my imagination? If there's no work out there for vans, what have I been doing these last few months? Wasting my time apparently.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Charles,
Of course you are driving around using monopoly money to fill your tanks while seeing the country, pretty good gig if you ask me. :D

Of course no one is using vans, that is why my truck is in such very high demand, 50 calls a day begging me to take loads from 100lbs to 3000lbs - you know its a straight truck, got hos, higher running cost, dock high... yep all the great stuff vans can't have... :)

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Hey, quiet about the Monopoly money ok? If the truck stops and gas stations find out...

Actually, I think I have been busier since I got my authority, simply by being able to pull from more sources for loads. Anyway, I ran for several months exclusively for Prestige and I didn't do too bad with them. Most of their freight is NLM, but they have a few of their own customers as well. It's just like any other carrier though. You as the O/O have a choice when dispatch calls whether or not you're going to take whatever they're offering. If they're sending you to a lousy area where you might have a hard time getting another load, you don't have to take it. They're just big enough to have a good number of loads, but small enough that the drivers aren't treated like a number. There are probably worse companies out there at the moment, but if I was leasing on to someone right now I would ask a ton of questions. Recruiters are all going to blow smoke. That's what they're paid to do. You just have to look past the BS. If you run smart and don't take bad runs, you can probably do well with any carrier provided they have access to a good number of loads.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's a great number OVM! If I could have done that well I may have stayed in a van. And, yes, I did work at it.

McClain, in that picture in your posts, are you really constipated and trying to have a bowel movement?

Honestly though Star...first 3 months my wife also drove..we had a couple 5G plus months...That boosted that total so it's a little squirrelly number.

Col...yes I work at it....I don't let the company lead me by the nose...I use my experience, my knowledge and a little intuition sometimes you just have to go with an edumacted guess where the next fishin hole is....But also having a carrier that will tell ya your #3 but the ones ahead are fussy (won't take CV loads)or they want to go home sure helps.

Gee Greg no wonder you drive a real truck not like us pretenders in our baby diesel Tonka Toys...You have all the fun! :)

Last edited:

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
back to Prestige, the people there are decent, ;ppts of NLM loads very low surcharge. To the point I even wonder if drivers was getting it all. But dealing with them they always paid me on the runs I sent in. Downfall long deadhead, not paid miles, to P/U loads and get stranded out there to long at a time. Finally parted ways but as a group of people A+. I would never buy a sprinter to run with them unless it was a team