President Barack Obama funds Hamas

Shah786

Seasoned Expediter
Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....

Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday, behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Let's review...itemized list of some of Barack Obama's most recent actions since his inauguration:

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U. S. , but within the world, using U. S. tax payer funds.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted.

He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

Doubtful? To verify this for yourself: Part Ii: Presidential Documents Federal Register [FR Doc E9-2488]

There is 48million Americans that afford healthcare yet state of israel gets 10 to 15 billion/yr of taxpayers money every year that dosent include other benefits given to them on American taxpayers expence yet surpprisingly no one in us Questions that but i take it 20million is to be questioned

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Geez. This gets loopier and loopier every time some butt stoopid nitwit blogs about it, and then people read it, and because they read it on the Internet, by golly it must be true!

HR 1388 was passed, and signed into law by Obama on April 21, 2009, but it's got nothing, nothing whatsoever, not even remotely anything, to do with everything else in that post regarding the Presidential Determination of emergency funds for Hamas migration. And most of the rest of the post is at the very least, misleading.

We've been over this before, as hondaking well knows. This is quite literally a "nothing to see here.... move along" kind of deal.
Here, read it:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/soapbox/35220-husseins-new-executive-order.html#post288315

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What 48 miliion? Can you prove that number from un-biased sorces? I don't like numbers that our polititions throw around with no proof or documentation or explination of how they arrived at the figure. I doubt the accuraccy of that number as I do most figures like it.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Geez. This gets loopier and loopier every time some butt stoopid nitwit blogs about it, and then people read it, and because they read it on the Internet, by golly it must be true!

HR 1388 was passed, and signed into law by Obama on April 21, 2009, but it's got nothing, nothing whatsoever, not even remotely anything, to do with everything else in that post regarding the Presidential Determination of emergency funds for Hamas migration. And most of the rest of the post is at the very least, misleading.

We've been over this before, as hondaking well knows. This is quite literally a "nothing to see here.... move along" kind of deal.
Here, read it:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/soapbox/35220-husseins-new-executive-order.html#post288315

Ok Turtle, got it in my aol e-mail. What about the article is misleading. If this is true I think everyone should know! Personally, I don't like Obama! I personally think he is screwing up our country! So explain what is incorrect. Like you said, I am reading it and I find it a major concern if even one part is true! So if you can explain what part is incorrect I am very open minded. I personally want to be fair even to Obama. There is a lot of 'hearsay' it is difficult to judge what is and is not true. I'm just an ordinary layperson, not a politician.

And for the record it is very childish to call names. :eek:

Shah786

Seasoned Expediter
What 48 miliion? Can you prove that number from un-biased sorces? I don't like numbers that our polititions throw around with no proof or documentation or explination of how they arrived at the figure. I doubt the accuraccy of that number as I do most figures like it.

Over 40 million in U.S. can't afford health care: report | Health | Reuters

Uninsured In America – The Growing Number of Americans Without Health Insurance

Even a couple of years ago, before the economy started to sour, 46 – 48 million Americans lacked health insurance. With the current economic downturn, an estimated 4 million more US citizens have lost their medical plan, so now have probably brought the number up over 50 million.

Reasons that so many Americans lack insurance are obvious, but here are some common ones:

Terminated employees lost their group health plan when they lost their jobs. They may, or may not, be entitled to a COBRA extension of their company group plan. But in any case, the extension comes with a hefty price tag as now, the unemployed person must usually pay the entire premium without any company contribution.
Many more businesses are scaling back, or totally eliminating, group health plans as they struggle to cut expenses.
Health insurance premiums keep rising every year, making it even tougher to pay premiums. Many Americans have to drop, or cut back, health insurance.
If you have lost your company health insurance, you do have some options. Your options may, of course, be limited by your budget, health, and where you live.

The individual health insurance market is actually growing as more of us must buy personal or family medical plans. For health families, individual health insurance can actually be quite affordable because insurers are allowed to decline high risk individuals. An private insurance policy is also portable, and can be kept no matter where you work.
High risk individuals, or those with health problems that would be declined by private insurers, do have a a state high risk plan. The actual plan varies by the state, and even zip code, that an individual lives in, but most come with a price tag that is considerably more than a healthy person could purchase an individual policy for.
Low income families can turn to federal, state, or county health plans an clinics. The Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIPS) covers millions of minors in lower income families. Medicaid can cover children, adults, and even senior citizens who lack resources. Some neighborhoods also have federally funded clinics, and larger metro areas have county hospitals.
A Note On Government Funded Health Insurance For Low Income People
Many people, who could qualify for a government program, do not bother to apply because they feel stigmatized. However, they really put their health at risk if they do get sick, because they may not be able to access the best medical care.

If you cannot afford insurance for yourself, and especially for your children, remember that many other countries provide this coverage to all of their citizens. And in my experience, most Americans over 65 have no problem signing up for Medicare! They feel as if they contributed to their country during their work lives, and the senior citizen’s federal medical insurance is a benefit they earned. Unemployed people should feel the same way. They pay taxes while working just so safety nets like CHIPS and Medicaid can be funded during hard times!

Finding Individual Health Insurance
It is easier than ever to compare and apply for a family or individual health insurance plan. In fact, you can use our fast, safe, and free health insurance quote forms. You supply your basic information one time, which takes about 5 minutes, and then relax while individual insurers compete for your business. You can also get in touch with a qualified, local insurance agent who can access your individual needs and find the best health insurance for you.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The number of uninsured people is more or less .8% of the total population when you adjust the numbers.

Adjusting the numbers means remoiving college kids and post college adults who opt out of health-care benefits to make more money.

Then you have the invaders, people who are criminals by the very nature of being here - removing them takes near 10 to 20 million off the number.

Then you have the people who choose not to participate in COBRA which is mandatory or was when I had employees.

Then you have people who opt out of health-care for other reasons, they are sometimes covered by other arrangements - I was one of those ten years ago.

IF you want to cheapen the cost of health-care in the US, then it starts with insurance companies not paying for elective surgeries and treatments - sex change operations (I use this example because the cost can run near $750k) to tattoo removal ($1500 to 5000 for a single treatment). Insurance needs to restrict the visits to the doctor if Johnny has a cold or a scratch playing soccer and the parent is a helicopter type.

The other way to save is simple, take care of yourself.

Oh by the way, Obama's plan for this socialize medicine includes a few good things - taxing your health benefits and eliminating the HSAs and other forms of non-taxed accounts that you control.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok Turtle, got it in my aol e-mail. What about the article is misleading. If this is true I think everyone should know! Personally, I don't like Obama! I personally think he is screwing up our country! So explain what is incorrect. Like you said, I am reading it and I find it a major concern if even one part is true! So if you can explain what part is incorrect I am very open minded. I personally want to be fair even to Obama. There is a lot of 'hearsay' it is difficult to judge what is and is not true. I'm just an ordinary layperson, not a politician.

And for the record it is very childish to call names. :eek:

Well, first, for the record, unless you own the Blog from where this came, and are the original author of the piece (which you are not), then rest assured that I am not calling you a butt stoopid nitwit. But every time this thing gets posted to a Blog, it's a butt stoopid nitwit who does it, especially if they embellish it and/or add their own commentary, because that means they took the bait, hook, line and sinker, and believe the crap they're spewing. It's alarming stuff, if it were true, and it's coincides with their beliefs and fears, so they accept it at face value and do no research. Ergo, butt stoopid nitwit.

Then, other people read it. And because they read it, they assume it's true. After all, it's on the Internet, and it's on a Blog, and no one would lie on a Blog. A Blog is just like the news, right? And then they pass it along. It gets swept up on other Blogs, Forums and in e-mail, same as articles about not flashing your lights at an oncoming car with no headlights because you'll be killed in a gang initiation ritual, or dialing #*^%5839q356 on your cell phone will magically give your phone's battery 50% more life, even if the battery is currently dead.

Second, personally I don't like Obama, either, and I also think he's screwing up our country. But, I don't have to make stuff up about him to not like him, nor to prove that he's screwing up the country. He can do that just fine on his own. All I have to do is look at what he does, not what someone else says he did, but at what he actually does, and come to a conclusion. And I certainly don't need to take a bunch of half-truths and made-up stuff, string them all together to make him look worse than he is, to come to a conclusion that can only be wrong, since it's all based, essentially, on a lie. And that's exactly what this post tries to do for those who read it and take it at face value.

Most of the misleading comments regarding the OMG! Nature of the post can be found in the link I posted. The presidential determination allocating the funds to the State Department is a procedural thing, as the money is not a part of the standard State Department Budget. It is, sort of, but they can't just go and grab it without approval from the President.

The release of the money does not mean that hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees are coming to the United States. The article says, "Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA." That's a lie. Here's what the money is for, as noted in the document itself, pursuant to "2 and 4(a)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (the ‘‘Act’’), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601 and 2603)": US CODE: Title 22,2601. Refugees and migration

Why HR 1388 is even mentioned, I have no idea, unless it's to make the post look more credible, hoping that no one will actually go and look up the Bill. H.R.1388: The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, which states, "The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, and the creation of new programs for seniors and veterans. It establishes a goal of expanding from 75,000 government-supported volunteers to 250,000, and would increase education funding and establish a summer volunteer program for students, paying $500 (which would be applied to college costs) to high-school and middle-school student who participate."
"President Barack Obama signed the legislation on April 21, 2009. While it authorizes $5.7 billion over six years, Congress must still approve the funding as part of the budget."

Of note are two amendments in particular that have nothing to do with any of this, but should be noted, anyway:

Amendment 705 FAILED - To prohibit ACORN, or organizations affiliated or co-located with ACORN, from receiving assistance under this Act.

Which is interesting, and...

Amendment 49 which PASSED - Amendment to prohibit organizations from attempting to influence legislation; organize or engage in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes; and assist, promote, or deter union organizing.

Which is also interesting.

Anyway, point by point:

Something happened... H.R. 1388 was passed yesterday, behind our backs. You may want to read about it. It wasn't mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.

Again, HR 1388 has nothing to do with any of this, and it wasn't passed behind our backs in any case. The vote, I guarantee you, was carried live on CSPAN. But the wording used here makes it look like Obama and the House snuck something by us, and connects it to the presidential determination, and the dead-wrong conclusions they have drawn. That's about as misleading as you can get.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make the headlines...

Didn't make news because it's not news, and because it's a lie.

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .

That much is true. It's just a normal part of the contribution we make to the UN program for refugees. They leave that part out, tho, because they've never looked up the Act that caused the expenditure.

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed on January 27 and appeared in the Federal Register on February 4.

The dates are right. Nothing else is.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Few took note because it's not true. Saying that every Palestinian supported Hamas because Hamas won in the parliamentary election is like saying every American is now a Democrat because Omaba won the election. Besides, I don't think I'd call feeding and housing refugees a free ticket.

Let's review...itemized list of some of Barack Obama's most recent actions since his inauguration:

A.K.A., A laundry list of disconnected things that don't matter, to be connected in order to bolster the views and fears already present, to pump up the hate, so to speak.

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.

So? Who was his second phone call to? I know. The Middle East was at the forefront when he was inaugurated, and after stating that he wanted to "usher in a new era of peace" in the Middle East (delusional tho that is), and that he was insistent on trying to obtain a permanent Arab-Israeli settlement, his first call was to Abbas, then he called Ehud Olmert, the Prime Minister of Israel, then King Abdullah of Jordan, and then Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. It wasn't like he called Abbas first just to chat it up with an old friend. He had specific reasons to call all four men. Who he called first is far less important than the four that he called, and why he called them. But it "fits" better if you can make it out to be a bad thing that his first call was to Abbas, and along with a lot of other stuff in this post, it tries to connect Obama as being buddy-buddy to Hammas and terrorists, when in reality his first phone does nothing of the sort. Misleading.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.

Again, doesn't mean much, other than it was done to underscore that he views the situatiuon in the Middle East as a serious one.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U. S. , but within the world, using U. S. tax payer funds.

That's a lie, straight up. His first Executive Order, signed on January 21, 2009, same day he was inaugurated, was Executive Order 13489 and deals with Presidential Records and executive privilege of current and former presidents.

His second Executive Order, also signed on January 21, 2009, was Execute Order 13490 and deals with Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel.

The rest of his Executive Orders can be found here:
2009 Executive Orders Signed by Barack Obama

Incidentally, not one of them deals with the funding of abortions, here or anywhere else. Not one. I'd call that, at the very least, a little misleading.

And did so until he could review the situation. Guantanamo Bay is still open, and military trials of detainees have resumed, per the President's orders. Executive Order 13492 set a date for closure, and required that all detainees be reviewed for disposition of their case. It is a "do your deal or get off the pot" kind of thing. Too many people have been detained there without either being tried, being freed, or being shot. Without a serious shove from the President, people would have been detained there essentially forever without a trial of some kind.

Correct. He revoked Executive Order 13440 of July 20, 2007, which created the interrogation centers (which violated the laws of most countries in which they were located, as well as other treaties, including the Geneva Convention), with Executive Order 13491 of January 22, 2009. It deals with lawful interrogations and mandated against any form of interrogation not listed in the Army Field Manual.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.

Again, that's a little misleading, to say the least, but if you hate Obama, or can be made to, just reading it will boil your blood, which is what all this is designed to do. As part of the halting of the military tribunals, and to review the cases of everyone at Gitmo, the charges against one man, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, were dropped. He is the sole remaining suspect in the USS Cole bombing attack. It's not like charges were summarily dismissed against a snotload of "masterminds", it was just one guy, who is still in custody, and will remain there until charges are re-filed and he is tried.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

We've been oiver this little tidbit of misleading information, I think.

These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

They aren't important, nor insightful, and most are just flat out lies, or they are half-truths that are grossly misrepresented for a specific purpose.

Hey, you asked. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nice artical Shah but I did not see anything in there about the methodology used to come up with the numbers. Again I see nothing about the numbers of those who CHOOSE not to have insurance. Who did the study? Were the questions biased? Not to worry, I apply the same standard of question to EVERY artical that I read.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice artical Shah but I did not see anything in there about the methodology used to come up with the numbers.

The Reuters article is based in part on information from the CDC's National Health Interview Survey.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than 40 million people in the United States say they cannot afford adequate heath care and go without drugs, eyeglasses or dental treatment, according to a federal report released on Monday.

Hard to take this article seriously after reading just part of the first sentence. Say what! In a recent Moot Survey, more than 420 million people in the United States say they are under paid by their employers.

More than 40 million people in the United States say. Why is it more than 40 million people in the United States and not more than 40 million Americans or American citizens?

The latest look at the state of U.S. health care also shows that while death rates from cancer and heart disease have dropped in recent years, just as many Americans are dying in car crashes.

This one has me confused! Death rates from cancer and heart disease have dropped. Why? Could this be due to better health care? Now we have heart disease and cancer survivors healthy enough to die in car crashes.

Anyway, if we have more than 40 million people say they can't afford adequate health care etc. then I believe them. Why would more than 40 million people lie?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
40 million most likely would NOT lie, Moot. On the other hand, how much do you want to bet that they did NOT TALK to 40 those million or even close to that number during this survey? Again, from a scientific standpoint, I need to see the questions, how they are worded etc. It is very easy to word ANY question to insure that you only get the answer you are looking for.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They didn't ask me and I'm a legal, legitimate U.S. citizen. I can't afford good health care. I have it anyway. If there are 40 million people without insurance a very large number of them are illegal aliens and/or illegal citizens. A very large number of them are also people who value cable tv, new cars, golf etc. etc. more than health insurance. They choose to not afford it and spend that money on non-necessity items.

You want health care to be reasonably priced? Fine. Drop all criminal aliens from ANY health care of any sort unless they pay for it in cash. Drop all amnesty aliens from ANY health care of any sort unless they pay for it in cash. Limit malpratice awards to sensible amounts. Limit attorneys to a maximum of 10% of any judgement amount. Add a third verdict option, frivilous. Require the attorney filing the lawsuit to pay all costs of plaintiff, defendant, court and jury if the verdict is frivilous. Then you'll see sensible and reasonable health care costs.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Well, first, for the record, unless you own the Blog from where this came, and are the original author of the piece (which you are not), then rest assured that I am not calling you a butt stoopid nitwit. But every time this thing gets posted to a Blog, it's a butt stoopid nitwit who does it, especially if they embellish it and/or add their own commentary, because that means they took the bait, hook, line and sinker, and believe the crap they're spewing. It's alarming stuff, if it were true, and it's coincides with their beliefs and fears, so they accept it at face value and do no research. Ergo, butt stoopid nitwit.

Then, other people read it. And because they read it, they assume it's true. After all, it's on the Internet, and it's on a Blog, and no one would lie on a Blog. A Blog is just like the news, right? And then they pass it along. It gets swept up on other Blogs, Forums and in e-mail, same as articles about not flashing your lights at an oncoming car with no headlights because you'll be killed in a gang initiation ritual, or dialing #*^%5839q356 on your cell phone will magically give your phone's battery 50% more life, even if the battery is currently dead.

Second, personally I don't like Obama, either, and I also think he's screwing up our country. But, I don't have to make stuff up about him to not like him, nor to prove that he's screwing up the country. He can do that just fine on his own. All I have to do is look at what he does, not what someone else says he did, but at what he actually does, and come to a conclusion. And I certainly don't need to take a bunch of half-truths and made-up stuff, string them all together to make him look worse than he is, to come to a conclusion that can only be wrong, since it's all based, essentially, on a lie. And that's exactly what this post tries to do for those who read it and take it at face value.

Most of the misleading comments regarding the OMG! Nature of the post can be found in the link I posted. The presidential determination allocating the funds to the State Department is a procedural thing, as the money is not a part of the standard State Department Budget. It is, sort of, but they can't just go and grab it without approval from the President.

The release of the money does not mean that hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees are coming to the United States. The article says, "Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA." That's a lie. Here's what the money is for, as noted in the document itself, pursuant to "2 and 4(a)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (the ‘‘Act’’), as amended (22 U.S.C. 2601 and 2603)": US CODE: Title 22,2601. Refugees and migration

Why HR 1388 is even mentioned, I have no idea, unless it's to make the post look more credible, hoping that no one will actually go and look up the Bill. H.R.1388: The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, which states, "The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, and the creation of new programs for seniors and veterans. It establishes a goal of expanding from 75,000 government-supported volunteers to 250,000, and would increase education funding and establish a summer volunteer program for students, paying $500 (which would be applied to college costs) to high-school and middle-school student who participate."
"President Barack Obama signed the legislation on April 21, 2009. While it authorizes $5.7 billion over six years, Congress must still approve the funding as part of the budget."

Of note are two amendments in particular that have nothing to do with any of this, but should be noted, anyway:

Amendment 705 FAILED - To prohibit ACORN, or organizations affiliated or co-located with ACORN, from receiving assistance under this Act.

Which is interesting, and...

Amendment 49 which PASSED - Amendment to prohibit organizations from attempting to influence legislation; organize or engage in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes; and assist, promote, or deter union organizing.

Which is also interesting.

Anyway, point by point:

Again, HR 1388 has nothing to do with any of this, and it wasn't passed behind our backs in any case. The vote, I guarantee you, was carried live on CSPAN. But the wording used here makes it look like Obama and the House snuck something by us, and connects it to the presidential determination, and the dead-wrong conclusions they have drawn. That's about as misleading as you can get.

Didn't make news because it's not news, and because it's a lie.

That much is true. It's just a normal part of the contribution we make to the UN program for refugees. They leave that part out, tho, because they've never looked up the Act that caused the expenditure.

The dates are right. Nothing else is.

Few took note because it's not true. Saying that every Palestinian supported Hamas because Hamas won in the parliamentary election is like saying every American is now a Democrat because Omaba won the election. Besides, I don't think I'd call feeding and housing refugees a free ticket.

A.K.A., A laundry list of disconnected things that don't matter, to be connected in order to bolster the views and fears already present, to pump up the hate, so to speak.

So? Who was his second phone call to? I know. The Middle East was at the forefront when he was inaugurated, and after stating that he wanted to "usher in a new era of peace" in the Middle East (delusional tho that is), and that he was insistent on trying to obtain a permanent Arab-Israeli settlement, his first call was to Abbas, then he called Ehud Olmert, the Prime Minister of Israel, then King Abdullah of Jordan, and then Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. It wasn't like he called Abbas first just to chat it up with an old friend. He had specific reasons to call all four men. Who he called first is far less important than the four that he called, and why he called them. But it "fits" better if you can make it out to be a bad thing that his first call was to Abbas, and along with a lot of other stuff in this post, it tries to connect Obama as being buddy-buddy to Hammas and terrorists, when in reality his first phone does nothing of the sort. Misleading.

Again, doesn't mean much, other than it was done to underscore that he views the situatiuon in the Middle East as a serious one.

That's a lie, straight up. His first Executive Order, signed on January 21, 2009, same day he was inaugurated, was Executive Order 13489 and deals with Presidential Records and executive privilege of current and former presidents.

His second Executive Order, also signed on January 21, 2009, was Execute Order 13490 and deals with Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel.

The rest of his Executive Orders can be found here:
2009 Executive Orders Signed by Barack Obama

Incidentally, not one of them deals with the funding of abortions, here or anywhere else. Not one. I'd call that, at the very least, a little misleading.

And did so until he could review the situation. Guantanamo Bay is still open, and military trials of detainees have resumed, per the President's orders. Executive Order 13492 set a date for closure, and required that all detainees be reviewed for disposition of their case. It is a "do your deal or get off the pot" kind of thing. Too many people have been detained there without either being tried, being freed, or being shot. Without a serious shove from the President, people would have been detained there essentially forever without a trial of some kind.

Correct. He revoked Executive Order 13440 of July 20, 2007, which created the interrogation centers (which violated the laws of most countries in which they were located, as well as other treaties, including the Geneva Convention), with Executive Order 13491 of January 22, 2009. It deals with lawful interrogations and mandated against any form of interrogation not listed in the Army Field Manual.

Again, that's a little misleading, to say the least, but if you hate Obama, or can be made to, just reading it will boil your blood, which is what all this is designed to do. As part of the halting of the military tribunals, and to review the cases of everyone at Gitmo, the charges against one man, Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, were dropped. He is the sole remaining suspect in the USS Cole bombing attack. It's not like charges were summarily dismissed against a snotload of "masterminds", it was just one guy, who is still in custody, and will remain there until charges are re-filed and he is tried.

We've been oiver this little tidbit of misleading information, I think.

They aren't important, nor insightful, and most are just flat out lies, or they are half-truths that are grossly misrepresented for a specific purpose.

Hey, you asked. :)

:eek: WHEW Turtle! Forget I asked, it's way over my head! lol :D

Glad to hear it isn't true! Had me quite wound up when I read it! :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would also outlaw health insurance. That in itself has greatly contributed to the hight cost of medical care. Not to worry about tort reform, Leo, the Dunb-O-Crats will take care of that for you. They have fought that for years, mainly to keep health care costs as high as possible, to make it easier to socialize our health care. Once they do that they will pass laws to limit liability since the government will not be able to afford those kinds of suits. The way it will be worded will be something like: we need to eliminate silly law suits to help control health care costs. GEEE, no one has ever thought about like that.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Hey Turtle, you left out who wrote the article! Just curious.
Like I said I'm definitely no politician, just an ordinary housewife, mom and grandma all rolled into one! :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
hee hee hee Comes with age my dear, comes with age. Like fine wine! :D

I would not know about that part. I have decided that "old" always starts at 20 years older than I. Therefor, as of now, old is 78!! It is a really good system. Keeps you feeling young all the time!!!

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I would not know about that part. I have decided that "old" always starts at 20 years older than I. Therefor, as of now, old is 78!! It is a really good system. Keeps you feeling young all the time!!!

Hey, ya know what? I like that philosophy! Think I'll adopt it for my own! Coursin, I'm only 35, Yep, I'm sure I am, yep that's me 35, not a day older then 35! ssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone hee hee hee! :D