Premium Transportation Logistics

nofear

Not a Member
Does anyone know if Premium Transportation Logistics is a good company for solo straight truck drivers?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I don't know much about them myself. They have been around for years and I have never heard one bad thing about them. I know this don't help you much.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Does anyone know if Premium Transportation Logistics is a good company for solo straight truck drivers?
PTl's safety director John Mueller is a long time member here on EO. Perhaps he will chime in and answer any questions for you.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't answer your specific question but I can tell you that John Mueller is a stand up guy. He wouldn't associate with undesirables. The fact he's been with them so long says at the very least it is a decent company to be with and safe to put on your list of possibles. Good luck with your research.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I can't answer your specific question but I can tell you that John Mueller is a stand up guy. He wouldn't associate with undesirables. The fact he's been with them so long says at the very least it is a decent company to be with and safe to put on your list of possibles. Good luck with your research.

I agree completely. Top notch guy. He is also one of the founders and owners.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
For a $100 dollars cash, up front I will open up my log book and settlements to you. Your $100 is fully refunded to you if and when I get the bonus sign on fee. :cool:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
John would be the guy to talk to. He has always been a straight shooter and has been around for a pretty good stretch.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No help either but worked some of their brokered freight a few years ago and remember them as one of the good ones.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
John Mueller is a stand up guy. He wouldn't associate with undesirables.
Weeell, I wouldn't go that far. He is, after all, a Moderator here on EO, which is comprised chiefly of undesirables. :D

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Thanks for all of the kind words. Lawyers will tell you, and have told me in the past, that I am a poor judge of character. Yes I have hung around with some undesirables. :) I'm really trying hard to be a better person.

NoFear - my opinion is biased because of my affiliation with Premium. I think we are THE company to be with if you are a solo straight truck. For years we operated the majority of our trucks with solo drivers. These trucks have done well in that capacity. I asked our reporting guru recruiter Brian Otto to run a report for the straight trucks. The report was done for the past 6 months from today's date and yielded these results for solo straight trucks: The average pay per loaded mile was $X.XX, the average pay per "all miles" was $Y.YY. Since we all understand that expediting is not all about "miles" - it is about revenue to your truck - the average weekly settlement for these solo drivers for the last 6 months was $Z.ZZ.
....to get the answers you will have to speak with a Premium Transportation Logistics recruiter. Being a moderator I know that I can't tell you to call 1-800-661-3166 and press extension 207 for Brian Otto, extension 142 for Anne Keel, or extension 112 for Scott Holcomb. Nor can I tell you if you are out on the road and see a big black Sprinter van wrapped in "Premium" garb that you can speak with Lenny Belcher.

Again, thank you for the kind words.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to say the responses from Turtle and John Mueller were hilarious:). Guys, keep up the humor side, we really need it around this time of the year:)

LOL and thanks!