Pre plan loads

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Giving predispatched loads to trucks that are on a load to areas where other trucks are setting and have been setting seems unfair and it happens a lot and I think that needs to be addressed at the next meeting.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Does it happen at lot, though? I've been pre-planned a few times, and in every case except one there were no other vans in the area. I'm pretty sure the one exception wasn't because I'm a Dispatch Favorite.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Panther_art, Do you have any of the extra qualifications such as Gov, Hazmat, Canada, reefer? The times that we've been pre-dispatched usually involve one of those, I can't remember ever having a pre-dispatch that was a general load.

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Panther_art, Do you have any of the extra qualifications such as Gov, Hazmat, Canada, reefer? The times that we've been pre-dispatched usually involve one of those, I can't remember ever having a pre-dispatch that was a general load.

No I don't but vans get predispatcched a lot. Talked to 2 vans that stopped and got gas yesterday, who just pod and was going to there next pickup that they got while enroute. In the mean time 8 vans waiting here for loads. that is why I would like to see it stopped, for the vans anyway.

Last edited:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
What I think happens in some of those cases is a driver may say I will only take that load if you give me one right back out. I could be very wrong it has happened before I think I was 12 but then again I could be mistaken. I am not saying it’s right but Panther may not have had time to shop the load if a Panther driver doesn’t take it so they are forced into it.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Giving predispatched loads to trucks that are on a load to areas where other trucks are setting and have been setting seems unfair and it happens a lot and I think that needs to be addressed at the next meeting.
Not trying to be sarcastic, but good luck, I understand where you're coming from.:mad:

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
ive been pre dispatched on a load, while on a load only a handfull of times in the 4 years ive been with panther...

termite289

Expert Expediter
yea, can't tell you how aggravating it is to not get to sit and wait on a load. all theese preplans are getting so old.
ps can i have some out of your bag