Powerball est $425,000,000 jackpot!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The poor grammar in this post makes it difficult to decipher but I think you may have misunderstood my post. Bob and Linda should be applauded for putting themselves out there for this industry. Thank you Team C!

Voice to text sorry about that

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Buy some jungle land on a hill, overlooking the Caribbean, build a small mahogany mansion, and never look back. :)

Oh yeah... and own groves of any kind of fruit that ever tasted good in drinks that have little umbrellas in them.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd set up a scholarship in my dad's name at his alma mater reserved for a farm kid that wants to enroll. I'd set up another somewhere for music in my mom's name. Donate to the church. I'd buy my cousin a new car as he's never bought himself a new car. I'd go in with Joe on the facility for veterans. I'd get a nice coach to travel in and go see all the places in the country I haven't seen and those I want to see again. I'd buy new trucks for a few good friends. I'd buy some camera stuff I wouldn't mind having, some model railroad stuff for my grandsons, stuff for my daughters and knives for my collection. I'd set up trusts for the kids and grandkids. I'd set up plans and accounts for myself so I wouldn't outlive my money. Then I'd get in the coach and travel and take photos and attend various Case events and of course Expedite Expo.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I would restore the grounds to the Ohio Veterans Children's Home in Xenia, Ohio and open it back up as a school for children like once was.

Sent from my PH44100 using EO Forums mobile app

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Have not heard from the wife,,Have not checked my tickets yet..have not even heard the numbers yet..
Still a safe bet each and everyone one of us is working the rest of the week. :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Someone won as the jackpot is back down to $40M for the next drawing. Hopefully it's someone from EO.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
5-25-30-58-59 *32

And I had..... One and the kicker.
5-xx-xx-xx-xx- *32
Isn't that good for half a Mocha Frappe and the slice of cheese from a Bic Mac?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We would take the lump sum distribution.

I have it approximately figured out that 34 percent of the winning amount would end up in our pocket after lump-sum-amount adjustment, tax and tithe. The tithe is based on the gross amount, not net. In other words, if the prize was $100 million, we'd pay the tax, tithe ten million (ten percent) and decide later what to do with the $34 million that would be left.

Upon winning, we would go immediately into seclusion to study, think and pray. Instantly receiving such a huge amount of money is a life-changing event. A flood of unanticipated thoughts and emotions would likely follow that, if we are not careful, could easily affect our judgement in ways we may later come to regret.

Back when I worked as a securities broker and financial planner, I saw it happen several times where people received large, lump sums of money when a rich relative died and left money to them. These were not stupid people who received the money, but in almost every case, they got giddy and frittered the money away.

Winning a lottery of this magnitude would be both an intensely exciting and intensely humbling event that brings with it great responsibility. It puts you in a position where you have more freedom and more power than ever before. Not being trained for such a development, and not knowing how we would react until it actually happened, we would seek guidance and proceed with caution.

With all that said, the news broke this morning that the lottery total grew to $448 million and three winning tickets were drawn, one in Minnesota and two in New Jersey. We bought a ticket in New Jersey yesterday. It is highly unlikely that we bought a ticket that would put $50 million in our pockets, so I am not going to check the numbers. I'll wait for the news to report the winner and in the meantime enjoy the fantasy that we might have won.

That's the reason we buy lottery tickets. It is a fun fantasy to entertain.

Last edited: