Posters/Members over 5 years

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Just look under the avatar it will have every members join date. if you need more help let me know

that would be ok, but 16,000 are long gone, well most of them, then there are expediters that lurk around and never register.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I've been here 13 years also.. was member number 121 :)

One thing to remember is many people join, get an ID 'just in case' and never post. We can see how many people are online on the front page. For instance, right now, as I type this:

There are currently 1255 users online. 130 members and 1125 guests
Most users ever online was 2,031, 07-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Think about that one. 130 people logged in, 1125 people just reading without logging in... (and those are unique IP addresses visiting... not 'page hits' for each individual thread or post)

Out of those.. how many actually posted?

Dale

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

One thing to remember is many people join, get an ID 'just in case' and never post. We can see how many people are online on the front page. For instance, right now, as I type this:

There are currently 1255 users online. 130 members, 6 blabber mouths and 1125 guests
Most users ever online was 2,031, 07-06-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Think about that one. 130 people logged in, 1125 people just reading without logging in... (and those are unique IP addresses visiting... not 'page hits' for each individual thread or post)

Dale

Fixed it for ya. :cool:

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Dale

Dale, I'll do you one better. Right now there are over 1,900+ PEOPLE just on the site on various pages - with over 400,000 pages, we have people come for different reasons and interests. Could be an old article about a museum for truckers or a post made from 2001.

To Skyraiders point, I would say 95% of people who visit our site don't ever register or make a single post or interaction. We see that annually at the Expo. If we have 5,000 attendees - we might have 250 forum members. Take out the local-yocal factor and we still have 3,500 who visit EO - but have not read or registered in the EO community. It's frustrating, but it's always been that way, even back when we held the show in Michigan.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
little over 7 yrs. for us. always under the same name. never lurked, signed rite up and started posting and being involved.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Aug 2005 and I was a lurker for a little over a year...

I still remember typing up my first post and being absolutely scared to death to hit send. It took me a week just to get the courage up to type the post and another week of worrying that it might be stupid, somebody might slam the post, somebody might slam the poster, and the list in my mind went on and on... Luckily I had several posts under my belt before the first ugly slam came and by that time I was confident enough to consider the source and I moved on with out taking the slam personally.

To get the most out of the forums you have to post and become involved.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Aug 2005 and I was a lurker for a little over a year...

I still remember typing up my first post and being absolutely scared to death to hit send. It took me a week just to get the courage up to type the post and another week of worrying that it might be stupid, somebody might slam the post, somebody might slam the poster, and the list in my mind went on and on... Luckily I had several posts under my belt before the first ugly slam came and by that time I was confident enough to consider the source and I moved on with out taking the slam personally.

To get the most out of the forums you have to post and become involved.

That slaming thing, runs alot of folks off. Males have a tendency to do that, and Im sure I have done it when Im moody, sorry gang , I dont like slammers.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I was one that lurked for a year. Then I went to the Expo for the first time. ATeam posted pics of my truck, questions were asked, and I haven't shut up since. :rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
define a "slam"

define a "criticism"

or even a difference of opinion......many slams are wrongly labelled as slams...IMO

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
Just IMO
Slam = involves negative comments/attacks directed at the person/poster.
Everything else is commentary or criticism.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Been look'in on here for a while myself. Seems most of the originals have gotten their "amazed by that post" meter pegged, and moved on.

Aside from the good info on here......there have been some real doozies over the years.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Ran across this thing wayyyy back in 2000-2001 (???) while searching the internet about what "Expediting" was. Was doing that research after speaking with a Panther Recruiter who was telling me that I could make $100K PLUS a year driving a Cargo Van all over the country.

Boy was I ever Glad to have ran across this site!!! Needless to say.......I owe EO here a great deal of appreciation for helping me from making the biggest mistake I could have ever made in my trucking career....................(Signing on With Panther II!!)

I always kept EO in my "Favorites" for years and read it regularly. Finally joined 3 years ago to try to help with the ignorance that was driving me nuts from plain ole simple "Contract" Drivers to possibly help lead them down the right path when it came to Trucking Rules and Regs.

Honestly......................I believe I'm a little more Insane NOW than I was when I first joined......

Thank You EO! ;) ;) ;)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow Lawrence 13 years ,wasn't that when computers were the size of econoline vans ?

U138P200T1D206413F10DT20081221225504.jpg