pop the top

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Normally I don’t answer the door when strangers call but today I did. Thinking this guy is a JW or Mormon I took a chance anyway, but turned out someone who wanted to know about FedEx CC. Got to move my van; this is the second one in two weeks, LOL.

Well he has a neat van; it has a popup top, not a big one about three feet long and starts in front of the front seats – where the curve ends on the roof. He cranked it up and I could stand up, what a concept. He looked at my bunk area and is going to build his like mine.

I am just wondering how many vans out there have a popup top if any?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting idea, but it would sacrifice extra cabinet space. Maybe a worthwhile trade for a little better MPG. I'm considering a higher roof for my next van.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It would be great to see a picture of one of these. I keep having flashbacks to the VW popup campers.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Herr Goering and I would like to see a foto of that pop-up. I also haven't seen one since the VW camper.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>Herr Goering and I would like to see a foto of that pop-up.
>I also haven't seen one since the VW camper.

You either have a great memeory for qoutes or you do great research. Thanks Terry - Herr Goering did indeed say this!

Oh got your email - thanks.

Well I didn't get a chance for the photo, but I called him up and left a message. I hope to have one to post soon. It did look like someone cut a section of a Vanagon top and put the ends together. I usually get photos but didn't think about it, sorry.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I've seen the ful length ones, but not a short one like that.

Check out this site for the full length ones. They make them for all full size vans, including Sprinter. I've wondered about them before for expediting.

http://www.sportsmobile.com/

(Pic below)

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

The Strength of The Great, is found in their Restraint.

-------------------

---------