Point Recipt Swindler Road king (DOG Machine) Knoxvill TA at the 374

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Be carefuel when you go to use the Road DOG Machine to retrive your Points in that establishent I did this morning, to buy a case of water and the dum thing Ate my Points.
In other words subtracted from my total and never gave me my certificate so I could buy my case of water.

I called the card and they added them back on. They told me they had a problem with that Road Dog machine there.
They also informed me due to a glich in the new system that make sure you check your card as points are not always being added at certain establishments.
I thanked them for adding them back.

WE use the Points to buy Water for us.

In any Case. Keep a watchful eye on your Points and beware of the Knoxville TN 374 TA Road King (Dog) Machine. Point Certificate Swindler

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
one certainly does not want to count on the ultraone website to track fuel purchases either. for the month of may we have 6 purchases. uone shows only one purchase and that is the last one bought.

we have found huge discrepancies in the fuel tracker program and the actual purchased product. currently in a filter from jan 3 to april 30 they show 11 purchases thru march. if this is happening to us what must larger fleets be seeing? maybe they are not aware of it even.

e mails to t-a customer service have gone unanswered. nice way to administer a program.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
we have found huge discrepancies in the fuel tracker program and the actual purchased product. currently in a filter from jan 3 to april 30 they show 11 purchases thru march. if this is happening to us what must larger fleets be seeing? maybe they are not aware of it even.
Make sure and get the UltraOne receipt showing gallons purchased, points and showers earned for each fuel purchase. If it's recorded on there, it will be recorded online.

Had an incident the other day where the card reader seemed like it didn't read the UltraOne card. I went in and double-checked, and it did, but the clerk said it's always best to double-check inside, either ask if they were recorded or get the receipt that shows they were recorded. The program is at the mercy of the Comdata card readers.

One thing to keep in mind, and I don't know if it's a factor or not, but only two diesel fuel purchases per day will earn points and showers.

e mails to t-a customer service have gone unanswered. nice way to administer a program.
A phone call will get you results.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
turtle, you are a sprinter. we are a ford gasser. every purchase is a second chance done at the fuel desk.every entry is a manual entry. we have called and cust serv has no answer. you try to be a loyal customer and all we get is frustration. we like the showers and the new towels. we will continue using ta/petro but all we want is help or answers.

vanman10

Expert Expediter
I gave up on UltraOne. I am a gaaser also and really got tired of trying to train everyone at the TA/Petro on how to give me my points after getting gasoline. I just use the Pilot/Flying J Frequent Fueler Advantage card now. I have no problems with getting or using my points, the kiosk inside Pilot/Flying J work with no problems and I can use my comdata and frequent fueler card at the GAS pump so I don't have the hassle of going inside to pay.

It was a pain for a few months while they combined Pilot and Flying J points programs but they seem to have a pretty good program now.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Yah I use the pilot advantage card also.....flawless transactions ...don't have a clue why anybody would use that ta card.....lot of hoops to jump through to get your shower credits..... and there is a pilot dam near on every exit nowadays...and they have upgraded there towels too....I'm overly pleased with there new system....

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The cards are easy to get: ask at the fuel desk for a rewards card. [You may need to swipe it at the kiosk/screen to register it in your name] but 'lady showers' don't exist. They assure us the showers are cleaned thoroughly between uses, we just have to accept that. FWIW, I've never seen any that weren't.
The cards are good for more than showers: each gallon of diesel = 1 point, and those points can be used to buy food [including some Subway, Arby's, whatever is there] and merchandise in the truck stop. If you drive a truck, the points come in handy when you run short on cash, and don't want to get hit with an ATM fee just to pay for something you need before replenishing the cash.

SarahB

Not a Member
Are you saying that these are private showers because I do not want any men in mine. I asummed that they were like gym showers.

SarahB

Not a Member
private that is good Ralphie does the sink have stopper so as you can fill them up with water do you know.

Monty

Expert Expediter
You will be bathing in the sink! :eek:

And no, they do not ... purchase a rubber one at wal-mart .. works just as well.

My wife always closes the stopper in our sink at home ... something about not wanting her jewlery, and back's for the earrings in the trap!

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
After I read this post the other day I realized that the TA hasn't been giving us our ticket with the points and showers on it. Some do and some don't. One fuel ticket had our points listed along the bottom line even though they didn't give us the little white printout.

Tonight we got fuel a the TA in Oakley KS. When we slid our points card the pump said card was invalid and to get points from inside cashier. When my husband went into get the fuel receipt, the cashier said they didn't couldn't do anything about the points.
So BEWARE of TA in Oakley KS. I think we lost our shower also.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
Are you saying that these are private showers because I do not want any men in mine. I asummed that they were like gym showers.

Don't forget to wear a pair of shower shoes or a pair of fliip flops while you're in the shower.