Picked up one of those little Ovens

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
>That Road Pro heats to 300F. Any suggestions?

Well what were you thinking of using it for when you bought it???

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I dont know what you would do with one either so have never bought one!! You will have to tell us what you do with it Broom!!!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Don't throw your receipts out Broom, my best friend says "if it says Road Pro.....let it go"!!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My only suggestion is don't put your thumb in it when it's been running.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Wow for $19.00 I had thought if it did not work well try, try again. But actually another driver told me thing worked great (for one person) he suggested a small meatloaf made at home and put it in around 2 and it would be ready around 4 or 5.

Also vegies and baked potatoes, plus line it with Tin Foil, and a piece of chicken breast for a light dinner or on bread for a Sandwich.

Something with RoadPros name on it, I have been impressed with, others I agree I have thrown out. Small efficent use of space is what I like the most.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
When I ran solo I used to get soups, dumplings and the like in pull top cans put them inside the oven and plug it in being sure to take the cans and shake them every 20 min for an hour.
Haven't died from metal poisoning yet (though I often worried about Alzheimer's)..
A lot of drivers I used to know would buy the foil liners from Wally world and toss in some stew meat with Lipton's onion soup or chicken dressed with cracked pepper and vegetables.
I am spoiled these days with the generator and microwave:)
PS. I still have the old lunch box buried in storage somewhere..

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have the Burton Stove, used it alot when we were in T/T. Using it, I've cooked chicken and rice, roast, meatloaf, potatos, hot dogs etc.
We bought the liners for it, so cleanup was easy.
We also have what is called a "Snappy Heater Pouch" it's a glorified heating pad in a vinyl pouch, and heats can's of soup an such.
Found it about 4 years ago on the Werner website, but it's no longer available and i can't find it anyplace else. That thing was awesome!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
About anything you can do in a crock pot you can do in a burton stove. Have the wife make up stuff while your out and throw in the cooler. Great way to have homemade stuff when not at home.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The biggest thing that helped me was when Terry hooked me up with some of that instant water he got at Wal Mart. Man, that stuff is awesome, and saves so much room.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Dreamer did you get the freeze dried water or the powder? We prefer the power as that is available in very very small packets. You do not very much room at all to store them.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
The dehydrated water is the best when it's fresh. Each packet makes a quart of pure clean water.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Yeah, I went with the packets too. They took up less room, and we all know space is at a premium.

Kudos to the inventor.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there."

- Zig Ziglar

Pappy

Expert Expediter
This is my suggestion: Insert Hungry Man Turkey dinner into oven---Open 1 jumbo can of cranberry jelly---Prepare 1 gallon freshly brewed sweet tea. After the above steps have been completed there's only one thing to do---CALL ME!

Pappy :)

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Let me add, even people we dissagree with can prove themselves valuable. The stove worked Good, but Road Pro's Mini Vac it blows everything right back out the top. Now the truck really needs to be cleaned all over again.

Tak'n er back the Vac that is. Junk pure Junk.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Broom, buy yourself a copy of "Manifold Destiny" and use the stove as a wheel chock.