Past violations of NC carrier discovered.....

gjmcclain

Not a Member
There has been alot of discussion recently about a certain NC carrier.
While many want to believe it is all hearsay, he said, she said BS, the proof is in past performance and track records.
We have had people on here claim they have not been paid, yet, many still want to deny this NC carrier is in the wrong.
I say when the NC carrier gets their authority pulled even though it is for one day IT IS A BIG DEAL.......afterall how many innocent owner-operators were out there for that one day running illegal without even knowing they were not protected at all.
I have said this NC carrier is out of line with their activities and their past history shows they have no regards for morals, ethics or rules.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

If we (and I by certain members of EO) are going to be held accountable to our past on a DAILY basis - then so should this NC carrier!

.......more on their past to come in the future

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Hey gj, you must have a REAL woodie for those folks!!! What's the problem? Seems it'd been waaayyy less expensive to have not overlooked the permit at two dollah fifty, than 25K for the oversight. But then that is life. Seems like history to me.

gjmcclain

Not a Member
Call it a woodie, call it what you want!

When a carrier does not pay their owner-operators on time, and 100% of what is owed - yes I have a woodie!

Call it history if you want - wow way back in 2005.
But, a law was broke - does not matter if it was 2005, yesterday or today..........

Or does it all come down to who has the money walks,
those that don't just don't matter?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

When a carrier does not pay their owner-operators on time, and 100% of what is owed - yes I have a woodie!

Call it history if you want - wow way back in 2005.
But, a law was broke - does not matter if it was 2005, yesterday or today..........

Or does it all come down to who has the money walks,
those that don't just don't matter?

Are YOU going to go on record here and state you NEVER broke a law, and that you ALWAYS paid yer bills on time, and 100%. It's a bad ting to break laws and not pay yer debts, buttt, les not throw stones from a fragile house.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Uhhhmmm ... how about utter retardedness ?

Call it history if you want - wow way back in 2005. But, a law was broke - does not matter if it was 2005, yesterday or today..........
Seems to me that any small business might well be in violation of a number of laws or regulations (which aren't really the same thing as laws) due to the ever-increasing complexity of such .... at some point it becomes almost impossible for the average person to even know what all the laws are (... and of course ignorance of the law is never an acceptable excuse ....)

If you want a good example of that just have a look at the discussions on here about which states specifically cargo vans and vehicles under 10K are required to scale ....

The real question isn't whether there was an infraction, as much as it is whether there is a repeated pattern of conduct ... .... from what you presented so far I don't see it.

To me, it looks like you are grasping at straws .... either you are bored, or just haven't got much to do .... in either event, your posts are ill-informed at best, or possibly just stupid at worst.

I will give you this however, non-payment of monies owed in my book is a big issue .... since I have no personal experience with this carrier with that type of issue, I'll let it go at that - others that do can speak to it if they wish.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Sorry but I almost p*ssed my pants......

Nations Express (seeing no one wants to name them for some reason), made a mistake sometime around 2004, and got fined.

But the thing is, the mistake and resulting fine had nothing to do with expediting or trucking but maritime law so why bring it up, you trying to figure what maritime law is?

The words alleged means something, they paid the fine and didn't seem to admit responsibility because it said compromise in the PR or am I wrong?

No matter.... it is just too funny.....

gjmcclain

Not a Member
xcol -

For sometime I have had a great deal of respect for you, but your attempt to turn this against me is idiotic, and has me wondering if you haven't taken one to many fishing trips.

My attempt here to point out gross mismanagement by Nations Express is apparently falling on blind eyes and wax-filled ears.

When the final verdict comes down on these clowns I will be the one standing here - saying "I told you their history would repeat itself, the minor miscues would be major falls, and that I told you so!"

Until then I am done trying to clue some of you old-dried prunes into the patterns of a down-falling mismanaged company.

and xcol - as a former state trooper I can assure you I upheld the law - I never broke it and never have. As of today, all my bills are paid in full, so there.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Until then I am done trying to clue some of you old-dried prunes into the patterns of a down-falling mismanaged company.

That's funny too.....

I don't work for the company and don't really care what they do but I feel sorry for the people who are caught in the middle.

I don't know what the big whoop is all about anyway, you lost me there but if you are owed money, get legal advice or write it all off through your accountant.

So as a trooper, you never exceeded the speed limit because of your "diplomatic immunity"?

gjmcclain

Not a Member
greg334-

Despite what you may think law enforcement officers are not allowed to go above the speed limit unless in route to an emergency call or currently involved on an emergency situation.

And no, even before you or one of the elderly prunes makes a wise *** comment, a donut run is not considered as part of an emergency.

So - the answer to your question is no.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Despite your proclamations that you've changed, a different bun won't hide the fact that you're still the same wienie.

A single maritime violation is hardly violations with an "s". Here, just like you routinely do, you exaggerate things. Authority gets pulled for a day, and you make it out to be gross mismanagement. Someone mistakenly books a load under maritime freight forwarding, one time, and you make it out to be a complete lack or morals, ethics or rules.

Everything you've ever posted here is done to inflate yourself, to make you, your company, whatever, to be bigger and better than it actually is. If you'd like me to bring up the pointed details, I will, but I suspect you don't. Your crusade against Nations is just another example of trying to set yourself up to be important, better than everyone, bigger than you are. Your comments regarding so desperately wanting to be able to say "I told you so" when and if Nations fails, plus talking down to us dried old prune idiots makes that perfectly clear.

Nobody cares about all this crap you're spewing over Nations. They really don't. Even if it's all 100% true, nobody cares. OK, fine, it's a big deal to you. You know what? Nobody cares about that, either.

Then to say that you've never broken the law by exceeding the speed limit, ever, not even once, not so much as 36 in a 35 juuuust for a split second, and you wonder why people don't take you seriously. Nobody cares. You won't give us anything to care about. Best you'll get is pity. And even that'll be half-hearted. We've got more important things to worry about.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
The EO Nation has spoken.

Sometimes as a Forum we are criticized for having a mob mentality. When you see members who have very divergent views on other topics and ideas - all agree on this notion. That is the time to be quite, listen and learn. Straight up.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ah, mob mentality, herd behavior, collective consciousness, crowd psychology. The human nature of crowds large and small.

You're walking down the street looking for a restaurant. You come upon two restaurants, A and B, both equally appealing, both empty because it's still early and there are as yet no diners. You pick restaurant A at random and enter. A little while later a couple comes walking down the street, sees the two equally appealing restaurants, but sees that restaurant A has a customers, while restaurant B is empty. They pick the one that has someone else eating in it, on the assumption that it must be better, and therefor a better and rational choice, since it has customers and the empty restaurant has no customers. Pretty soon others begin passing by and one restaurant fills up while the other one sits empty or nearly empty.

Many Chinese restaurants can suffer from this, if they are one that does a brisk take-out business but not much in the sit-down dining arena. People drive by the place and hardly ever see any cars there, so they assume the food is crappy, when in reality it may very well be excellent food that is taken home to eat. They decide to pass the restaurant by in favor of a more crowded place to eat.

Individual everyday decisions have been affected not by a mob mentality, but rather by a social phenomena known as an Information cascade where people observe the actions of others and the make the same choices, even if the choice was one they were unlikely to make on their own. If others are doing it, then by choosing to also do it makes it a rational choice, even though there's nothing rational about it.

This is what happens most often in online forums. It's a social science of human nature that is fascinating once you see it and recognize it. Not just on forums, but in your everyday life. You can recognize it in the media, in the stock market, the price of goods, where people shop, which truck stops people go to, what kind of trucks people buy, who people vote for, you see it in fashion and fad, keeping up with the Jones, everything.

1) An event occurs or a problem surfaces.

2) A person who is perceived to have good information or insight into the event or problem makes a decision.

3) Other people, observing the first person's decision, choose to avoid their own original analysis and copy the earlier decision.

4) The more people that copy the earlier decisions, the less likely any new discovery or analysis is done.

Fascinating stuff, this human nature of the herd mentality. It's why cows grazing in a field are mostly facing in the same direction. ;)

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Yeah, that is old news. They're probably still on a payment plan with the Fed. Or else, the Fed keeps garnishing their bank account, which might explain why they are slow to pay.They had always made good with me, however slow. I do admit that they've gotten much worse though recently. However, they aren't alone. They do depend on shippers to pay them as well. Transportation is unsecured credit. A shipper will normally pay their secured creditors first.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
There has been alot of discussion recently about a certain NC carrier.
While many want to believe it is all hearsay, he said, she said BS, the proof is in past performance and track records.
We have had people on here claim they have not been paid, yet, many still want to deny this NC carrier is in the wrong.
I say when the NC carrier gets their authority pulled even though it is for one day IT IS A BIG DEAL.......afterall how many innocent owner-operators were out there for that one day running illegal without even knowing they were not protected at all.
I have said this NC carrier is out of line with their activities and their past history shows they have no regards for morals, ethics or rules.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE

If we (and I by certain members of EO) are going to be held accountable to our past on a DAILY basis - then so should this NC carrier!

.......more on their past to come in the future

Hey McClain,

It's only been 12 months since your closed your brokerage. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Have you forgotten so quickly what it feel like to owe five figures to carriers that you've been unable to collect from your customers? Oh, I've heard all the talk. So did you settle with all of those carriers, or is this just another hypocrisy from the "Chuckwagon"?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
greg334-

Despite what you may think law enforcement officers are not allowed to go above the speed limit unless in route to an emergency call or currently involved on an emergency situation.

Whatever....

Look dude, if you understood the question and replied a bit differently it would have proven a lot but I expected that you may not have been a cop, maybe.... just not......

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Look dude, if you understood the question and replied a bit differently it would have proven a lot but I expected that you may not have been a cop, maybe.... just not.....
Mebbe almost a cop ....... but not quite ? :rolleyes:

What state 'zactly were ya trooping in there mcclain ?