Parrot battery

moose

Veteran Expediter
Well i don't know what the big fuss is all about.
i got the Parrot a week ago, and it dose not work better then the 'man it itchy inside the ear' kind of a blue tooth i had before, so i switch back.
the voice quality is really bad, 2 ways.
to make it worst, now i have a police car inside my cab, the blue flashing light is very destructed and annoying at night time.

maybe i got a bad unit ?
are you guys happy with the ones you got ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well i don't know what the big fuss is all about.
i got the Parrot a week ago, and it dose not work better then the 'man it itchy inside the ear' kind of a blue tooth i had before, so i switch back.
to make it worst, now i have a police car inside my cab, the blue flashing light is very destructed and annoying at night time.

maybe i got a bad unit ?
are you guys happy with the ones you got ?

I was very happy with mine except for the battery.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Press the volume UP and DOWN buttons simultaneously, and the flashing blue light goes out.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
if mine broke, id buy another or the newer upgrade...it is alot better then any of the "ear piece" things i used...

As for the blining lights..i have 3 blue , 2 green and 1 red all blinking all the time...

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Ordered.the.battery.for ours and got this load to California so we had to buy a cheapy in the ear one for the time.being. I have SMALL ears and can't even fit it in and it hurts

BigCat

Expert Expediter
You guys should check out the blue tiger dealers at TA and Petro. I bought one for $99 special and I love it. Very comfortable and you can also play mp3 files off your phone through it. Oh and lifetime warranty too!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
If i am simply ordering a replacement battery for $12 bucks so WHEN mine is dead I can simply replace the it, why would i want to spend $99 bucks for another Different headset??? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me...but hey..i have been called stupid by alot of people....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You do need to make sure the microphone is positioned so that it's almost, but not quite touching the corner of your mouth. Just a few centimeters away from the corner. Do your best Dr. Evil impression, and the microphone should just touch the fingernail.

medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

BigCat

Expert Expediter
If i am simply ordering a replacement battery for $12 bucks so WHEN mine is dead I can simply replace the it, why would i want to spend $99 bucks for another Different headset??? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me...but hey..i have been called stupid by alot of people....

I wasn't referring to you. Ok? Just the one that can't find a battery and the guy that said his wasn't comfortable.

Why are you so controversial towards a suggestion anyway????

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wasn't referring to you. Ok? Just the one that can't find a battery and the guy that said his wasn't comfortable.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the thread is about locating a replacement battery for a Parrot headset, and your suggestion to solve this already solved problem was: go out and buy a completely..different..headset.

That's like when someone posts a problem with their PC, and some yahoo comes along and says "Buy a Mac".

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Or like when someone asks about expediting and you guys all sit here and tell them not to get involved.

I strictly made the comment to moose because he said his parrot was not great.

I agree wit him they are nothing special and I just made a suggestion to look at them and did you see me tell anyone to buy anything?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Or like when someone asks about expediting and you guys all sit here and tell them not to get involved.
No, it's not really like that at all.

Moose described specific problems with his, and then wondered if he had a bad unit, and asked if others where happy with theirs (Parrot headsets). Your comment to Moose didn't address his issues nor his questions.

I agree wit him they are nothing special and I just made a suggestion to look at them and did you see me tell anyone to buy anything?
Yes, I did. You offered up an alternative headset, complete with pricing and where to get it, which is a direct implication, that people will infer, that buying the headset will solve the battery replacement issues.

Now, if you want to try and spin this as you were simply telling people to look at another headset, that's fine, but in that case please explain, as you would to a child, how looking at another headset will enable them to find a replacement battery for a Blue Parrot headset, or solve Moose's flashing blue light or voice quality issues with his Parrot headset.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm Where to start...wow..

BigCat wrote:

You guys should check out the blue tiger dealers at TA and Petro

It would appear that you were talking to "YOU GUYS" , the "S" at the end of GUYS would indicate "more then 1"...

I just re-read the whole thread and NO WHERE does ANYONE say the 'Blue Parrot', "isn't comfortable.." So that idea goes out the window...As to the last sentense above, Turtle pretty much covered that...

Again since you used the words "YOU GUYS" and then added the word ALL, Please provide any and or all links to any post(s) or Thread(s) where I PERSONALLY have told or even inferred that a new persons or "someone" or even "anyone" should NOT get into this business....Again I am basing this request on the WORDS you used....

Again, the very 1st words of your very 1st post in this thread started with the words "YOU GUYS"... that indicates more then just Moose...
:D

Last edited:

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Ok my apologies Dennis and turtle. Should have been a little more clear. Also my misread nooses statement about itchy ear piece. I thought he was refering to the parrot. Again I'm sorry guy(s).
:)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Just.put our battery in and tossed it.on the charger. its lit up so hopefully this works.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So far, mine is working the same as the original one did when new; extended talk times, extended times between charging. Although I am trying to be a bit better about keeping it on the charger when not using it. Haven't had it beep at me yet while talking.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I think something may just be wrong with ours. it charges up but i can't seem to get it to turn on. before when i charged it i would have to wait like ten minutes.to turn it on and get.it to connect with our phones. then i was wondering if it jad something to do with the phone but other bluetooths seem to work fine.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think something may just be wrong with ours. it charges up but i can't seem to get it to turn on. before when i charged it i would have to wait like ten minutes.to turn it on and get.it to connect with our phones. then i was wondering if it jad something to do with the phone but other bluetooths seem to work fine.
Occasionally mine will become unresponsive (multi-function button doesn't do anything at all). When that happens, plugging the charger into it and then immediately unplugging it resets it, and it starts working again.