Parrot battery

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We own two Parrot BT 250 XT blue tooth sets. The batteries are shot on both. I cannot find a replacement. Parrot says they will replace it if I send them back to them, at $55 a pop. That is half the cost of a new set. Kind of a rip off.

Anyone know of a replacement?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Hopefully someone can find them for us. We have two of them as well that are shot. I tried using the old one. It doesnt even charge. We bought a new one a few months ago and it stays green while on the charger even though it is not charged at all. They told me to send in the newer unit since it is less than a year old and they will send me a new one. But in the mean time, we are bluetoothless:(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hopefully someone can find them for us. We have two of them as well that are shot. I tried using the old one. It doesnt even charge. We bought a new one a few months ago and it stays green while on the charger even though it is not charged at all. They told me to send in the newer unit since it is less than a year old and they will send me a new one. But in the mean time, we are bluetoothless:(

They were good while the batteries held up. If I can't find something soon I will try another brand.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just posted a link to battery on Ebay too.

$12.99

Dale

No link showed up Dale. From what I have been able to determine the "XT" will not accept those replacement batteries. Still waiting to hear more from Blue Parrot. I have an email into them.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've searched a dozen times in the past, to no avail. They just weren't available. Finally, they are, apparently. The link above to the Nextag store (eComElectronics.com) for $28.18 is indeed the correct battery, and it comes complete with the connector.

Before Dreamer had posted about the $12.99 one at eBay, I ordered one of them. It's identical to the one inside the headset.

LiPo Rechargeable Battery Fits BlueParrot B250-XT (NEW) | eBay

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Now I just have to tell the dude on Ebay where to send my commission check!

Dale

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The one I ordered off eBay on Wednesday arrived in the mail in Saturday. Couple of minutes to swap it out, works like a charm. I probably should have put it on the charger first, but I Talked for a couple of hours on it before I even put it on the charger. No problems.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Turtle...I ordered mine and it is at home while i am in Olive Branch Miss...But I knew someone would get one and post if it worked...Glad to here all is good!!

I ordered 1, think I'll order another asap knowing they work...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'd order an extra one, but it'll just sit around for a year or more, assuming this new one lasts as long as the old one did.

Mine came wrapped up and stapled in a plain piece of paper. Carefully undo the staples when removing it, because the paper inside has important installation instructions (namely, the red wire must be next to the + on the circuit board, otherwise you'll toast the battery and headset.) Just pay close attention to where the red wire is before you unhook the old battery, and install the new one the same way. There's a fitted connector, but it's tiny, and if you force it you can install it wrong. You can raise the circuit board slightly to get a better grip on the connector, with thumb and finger or fingernail to lift it. Just don't raise the board too far or try and take it out. It's a real easy swap, tho.