Panther is a scam.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I no longer have trucks with Panther however I never specified Panther. I spoke of the practices in general, as practiced by the majority of carriers.

Same as I speak of E-1 and their practices...I did not like them...I left....

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really? Do tell.....

I'm bored.

I don't know if it is a "big lawsuit", but someone is suing them. I got a call from a couple of shysters working for a law firm in California about this a few months ago. Apparently there is one or more plaintiffs filing suit against Panther. According to the lawyer that called me (I don't know how he got my name or phone number) they were waiting for some type of hearing for a judge to rule for a class action suit. I was asked a bunch of questions concerning Panther's fee's and general practices involving O/O's. I haven't heard anything since.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They are currently involved in a lawsuit and will be paying the piper soon!

As you are a recruiter for LRT, I am not sure the purpose of your post?
Am I to guess their 15k recruiting bonus is making your job difficult?
Have to wonder on a month old thread.
Lawsuit yes, but there isn't any current indication or information they are paying or have paid anything.
People file lawsuits all the time. It is the American way.
Based on some recent LRT posts, I would recommend focusing on some of those items.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Haven't heard about that $15,000 bonus lately.
Surprized we didn't see ads where owners were willing to pay $5,000 or more to get a team into a unit that would earn the bonus.
After all, it's the people running that earn that bonus,not the vehicle.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
In my three years in expedite in purple or paws the sign on/recruiting bonus offered to my fleet owners (3) has never been shared with the truck operator. These trucks however were already working for the carriers .

Melissa ~ Team Kephart @ Mayfield Express

Last edited:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Well after seeing all the crying and *****ing here about Panther just wondering if things will improve now that ABF owns Panther?????

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Panther is far from a scam..they are legit, they know what they are doing, and they dont have to bid on loads, there drivers are respected at the shipping/recieving. They put 55 percent of load on Comdata card as soon as you leave shipper. They pay all dead miles and you can even negotiate beyond that. I could go on and on. And I dont mind paying Qualcom fee ...its worth not being harrassed by dispatchers every hour"where u at" ect...

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther is far from a scam..they are legit, they know what they are doing, and they dont have to bid on loads, there drivers are respected at the shipping/recieving. They put 55 percent of load on Comdata card as soon as you leave shipper. They pay all dead miles and you can even negotiate beyond that. I could go on and on. And I dont mind paying Qualcom fee ...its worth not being harrassed by dispatchers every hour"where u at" ect...

Now the question....Why the heck did you ever try LRT....????

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Because, after filling out multi-carrier form, thier recruiter was first to call me back. Everything seemed really simple-no orientation, no dot physical, no qualcom. but ive learned the path of least resistance isnt good in the long run. And they were listed as a five star carrier, and I was niaeve enouph to think that meant they had good credit ect. ect. And as of that date ,thier were no threads I could find of them not paying drivers.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because, after filling out multi-carrier form, thier recruiter was first to call me back. Everything seemed really simple-no orientation, no dot physical, no qualcom. but ive learned the path of least resistance isnt good in the long run. And they were listed as a five star carrier, and I was niaeve enouph to think that meant they had good credit ect. ect. And as of that date ,thier were no threads I could find of them not paying drivers.

not going to beat you up over your choice...you've paid the price and are now more aware....like I said...sorry you had to go thru this....Good luck...

jamespope

Not a Member
Don't talk about Panther, Davekc will have a heart attack! Lord know's Panther could do no wrong.....and anyone that has a bad experiance must be wrong. Davekc will go to his grave with kitty print PJ's.

I heard the pay was off. Now I'm gonna do a search and find out..............

Please no more Panther comments...Davekc is fragile

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Don't talk about Panther, Davekc will have a heart attack! Lord know's Panther could do no wrong.....and anyone that has a bad experiance must be wrong. Davekc will go to his grave with kitty print PJ's.

Your just mad they didn't hire you. I'm a panther driver and while I may not agree with everything they are a good company. Everything the op is saying was discussed in orientation unless he slept through it.

Still not sure why you feel the need to come here and talk s*** about other people because you are incompetent and can't get employed. That is noones fault but yours. Not other drivers or the carriers that won't hire you but yours. So please pipe down or shut up. Not trying to be rude but you came here insulting drivers with iq bs and bad mouthing carriers you have never drove for because they wouldn't hire you.

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Apropos of nothing, but I'm curious:

Obviously if you've been banned you cannot post. Can you read the forum? or are you locked out completely?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Not sure how I got pulled into your complaints on a carrier that wouldn't hire you, but ok.
You can't mock the PJ's until I get the green eyes on from ABF. :cool:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
DaveKC has always seemed like a straight shooter when it comes to Panther, never seems to sugar coat it. Where JP comes up with that I have no idea. Guess when your angry at life your angry at everyone.