Panther 2019

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am not leased to a Canadian carrier and I don't drive a small straight for an owner. The two of you can have at it.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Currently the only rule left at my Canadian carrier; if you're out of uniform and seen, instant termination, and they hold your pay 90 days. This, and I pay my plates and insurance

(And fuel, and tolls, and maintenance, and van payment)

guido4475

Not a Member
So you are a driver that drives for an owner. Very rare indeed!
Moot it's very different when you operate as an o/o with a smaller pay then actual owner operator than a guy who has no say in when he works or where he drives. I met many guys driving for companies and I heard many horrible stories which lead me to realise that the way I work is a huge blessing. I truly wish more people would drive for themselves, especially in the country we live in it's possible for right about anyone who is willing to move a little out of the comfort zone. That said I want to say that I respect any driver, o/o or not. Job can be hard, dangerous, long hours and a lot of time away from home. So to everyone here I just want to say one thing: RESPECT.

What a glorious Day!

So you preach respect but yet park a cube in a spot designed for a semi, who needs that spot to take his required sleep time due to regulations, elogs, etc. Nice.

Reactions: Ragman and ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think some blame should be placed on the brokers, who are the ones who made up the "small straight" category (intending to cut in on straight truck rates and elogs obviously)

Wasn't this thread about Panther :p oh well

I seem to remember a lot of likes for this small straight

What's the difference?

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
So you preach respect but yet park a cube in a spot designed for a semi, who needs that spot to take his required sleep time due to regulations, elogs, etc. Nice.
99% of the time there are plenty spaces for everyone. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Apparently people around here are absolutely flawless but I'll be catching up to you people in perfect conduct!

What a glorious Day!

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I think some blame should be placed on the brokers, who are the ones who made up the "small straight" category (intending to cut in on straight truck rates and elogs obviously)

Wasn't this thread about Panther oh well

What's the difference?
Wow that's an awesome truck! A bit smaller but under 6000lbs! Beauty

What a glorious Day!

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's the difference?

What a glorious Day!
Can’t stand up and put your pants on.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reason #1 for a LARGE straight: not sleeping with the freight

Money helps too

Edit: yeah I'm still sleeping with the freight...

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot, Treadmill, Guildo4475, and a few other senior o/o, don't ya just love it when these guys with a couple years driving come on here and tell ya what your doing wrong and think they know it all?
Pis.es me off thinking they know more when they been running a couple years. Sorry I haven't posted in a long time then come on here and vent.

guido4475

Not a Member
99% of the time there are plenty spaces for everyone. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Apparently people around here are absolutely flawless but I'll be catching up to you people in perfect conduct!

What a glorious Day!

You are as stupid and informed as you sound. For you to say there are plenty of parking 99% of the time is so far from the truth.

Reactions: boonsdad

guido4475

Not a Member
Moot, Treadmill, Guildo4475, and a few other senior o/o, don't ya just love it when these guys with a couple years driving come on here and tell ya what your doing wrong and think they know it all?
Pis.es me off thinking they know more when they been running a couple years. Sorry I haven't posted in a long time then come on here and vent.

I completely agree. Why I firmly believe he's just a plant on here put in place by the management to drum up costs and forum activity.

guido4475

Not a Member

What's the difference?

What a glorious Day!
Can’t stand up and put your pants on.

Exactly.

So let me get this straight:.....hes worried about optimum gas mileage so designed it in such a way to achieve that. Has anyone heard what these actually get? Real world numbers? The thing that gets me, is I don't see any evidence of an Espar or A/C that can be run without idling the van. Just blows and contradicts his whole mpg thing out of the water. Doesnt sound like he has his drivers comfort and best interests in mind completely. I will, however, give him a hats off to the quality, fit and finish of the build. Absolutely beautiful in that way.

Road Pirate

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator

Wasn't this thread about Panther :p oh well

What's the difference?
I saw one of these 2 nights ago in Georgia.

Reactions: brokcanadian