Panther 2019

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Do they load small straight trucks? What's their phone number?

Lol No. They won't take on cubes. Cargo vans, Sprinters, actual straight trucks and semis.
I wonder why! A small straight can haul twice more then a van!

Because they don't run "small straight trucks". They run actual straight trucks .If you're only grossed at 10K, not dock high, you're no better than a van. (Yes, I'm aware you run occasionally run over 10K without running logs like many cube owners do. Just a matter of time before you are caught. )

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
Small straights carry ramps which make them dock high at loading. So it works out!

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver

SoG

Active Expediter
Driver
I can assure you, if you showed up at any of the shippers i used to pick up from, you would have been turned away.
I been turned away one time in 5 month. I say that's pretty good numbers! Even the worker there was about to load me but some upper management guy came by and said ramps are a safety hazard". I am sure they are if you are drunk, can't drive or put them on ice instead of concrete, other then that I am not seeing the hazard here. But rules are rules, I thanked him and was on my way. Deadhead was only 6 miles too so it worked out!

Sent from my SM-J337A using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can assure you, if you showed up at any of the shippers i used to pick up from, you would have been turned away.
I been turned away one time in 5 month. I say that's pretty good numbers! Even the worker there was about to load me but some upper management guy came by and said ramps are a safety hazard". I am sure they are if you are drunk, can't drive or put them on ice instead of concrete, other then that I am not seeing the hazard here. But rules are rules, I thanked him and was on my way. Deadhead was only 6 miles too so it worked out!

Ramps vs Dock high= Confusion o_O

I'm not getting the whole ramps and being dock high in a cube van thing.
Can you explain how your doing this?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ramps vs Dock high= Confusion o_O

I'm not getting the whole ramps and being dock high in a cube van thing.
Can you explain how your doing this?
Attaching a picture. You lay them down, back up onto them and BOOM, magically dock high

That's a lot better then what I was imagining. Thanks

TFTN-one3B

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
US Marines
Small straights carry ramps which make them dock high at loading. So it works out!

I've seen vans like his turned away for such a thing. Another reason was they needed to drive the items in and set it down with the fork truck. Couldn't slide them in per policy .

Reactions: Ragman

guido4475

Not a Member

I've seen vans like his turned away for such a thing. Another reason was they needed to drive the items in and set it down with the fork truck. Couldn't slide them in per policy .

I still cant help but wonder if the drivers company is charging the party paying for the load for a straight truck, but yet paying those guys in a Cube garbage rates, and pocketing the rest.